- Text Size +
A/N: And I’m back! Yeah! Well enjoy and try to review thanks!

“The Blood Pact”

**~The First Drop~**

The metal blade comes careening towards Nick as he quickly ducks and places his arms over his head in fear. He crouches and peers slowly at Damaris who smirks and shakes her head in disappointment. He hears the blade pierce the wall beside him.

“How many times did I tell you not to let your feelings get in the way? You can’t go up and defend yourself against the vampires if you keep wimping out like this.” Damaris smirks, grabbing the gleaming blade that slammed on the wall inches away from Nick’s left arm.

Nick could hear A.J.’s snickering and he glares at the older man. “You think this is funny huh? Why don’t you try it man?!”

A.J. dusts his sleeves of his black jacket and smiles, “Ok fine. But really Nick that was pretty bad man.”

Nick glares and flips his middle finger as he quickly snatches the blade that Damaris is holding.

“Go. Stand over there and see if you can catch this knife A.J!” Nick growls, his light eyes glowing in anger.

A.J. rolls his eyes and sighs, looking at Damaris for some form of approval.

Damaris nods her head and points towards the thick cement wall, “A.J. you should have nothing to worry about. After training you guys for over three hours, you all basically have the main tactics.”

“Damaris, I’m curious, you still didn’t answer our question.” A.J. states curiously, swinging a long iron broadsword clumsily in his hands trying to avoid walking towards the wall where he’d be Nick’s target practice.

“What question?” Damaris asks raising her dark eyebrows curiously, her long dark brown locks tied in a bun.

“Why are we fighting against them? Can’t they be killed with a gun something? You know the silver bullet in their heart.” Nick mumbles, gazing curiously at a weapon in his hands: a metal iron tonfa- which is a rather thick small pole with a handle on the side.

A.J. laughs, “Dude, you think the silver bullet will work on the vampires?”

“Yeah man, haven’t you heard of all the story books that state that?” Nick asks cockily. Standing up straight in self assurance, he fakes a smile while the slight fear tickles down his spine.

Damaris watching quietly, bursts out laughing, “Err, sorry that’s a fairy tale. We’re talking demons here: a bullet can’t kill that. It’ll just wound it. These creatures are already dead.”

“But they’re in human bodies right?” A.J. asks, passing his butter pecan fingers over his black and blond tipped hair.

“It doesn’t matter, you need to understand what exactly you’re dealing with. Vampires, the demons as we say, have a tendency to kill human lives. They endanger the very lives, we’re trying to protect right now.” Damaris states, as she gazes around the training ground.

Nick sighs, “Isn’t that bastard Demetrius one? Shouldn’t we kill him?!” He seethes, his blonde spikes glowing in the florescent yellow light.

A.J. smiles, “You’d like that now, don’t ya?”

“Nick, this isn’t about Demetrius right now, he’s our only hope in stopping the killing that’s been erupting in the city.” Demaris whispers, her peach complexion flustered after working out in the training ground showing the two men how to use all the weapons that they have obtained. She continues speaking, snatching the blade from Nick’s hand.

“Guns won’t work all the time anyway. When traveling to a certain murky areas, the guns won’t work at all or basically begin to rot due to various temperatures. Besides when you’re fighting them close by, you won’t have time to reach for your gun unless you’re skilled and fast at it and judging by you guys, you shouldn’t even bother.” Damaris states, eyeing both men wearily.

A.J sucks his teeth, slamming the broadsword into a wall with all his strength.

Nick glances at A.J. and pinches his own arm. Damaris and A.J. glance at each other before gazing back at Nick.

“Just making sure this is real.” Nick grumbles, grabbing a forest green backpack with arsenals of all types.

Damaris gathers the metal exotic weapons lying scattered around the black tiles and straightens up, “Ok guys. Nemesis should be done training with Brian, Kevin and Howie. Let’s go meet them.”

“Hold up. Damaris, why are we really here?” Nick states, grabbing her arm and gently pushing her to the corner of a wall, hoping to scare her into telling them the truth.

Damaris simply smiles and roughly pushes Nick away from her, “We already told you. You’re chosen. Get over it.”

A.J. sucked his teeth and rolls his eyes, “This chick needs to relax. She’s too wrapped up in this whole vampire thing.”

Nick licks his lower lip nervously, “Maybe she has a reason to be.” He whispers, leaning on the threshold.

A.J. takes a deep breathe and picks up a black Kennings rifle from the ground, following Damaris out of the training room. Nick sluggishly drags his heavy back pack on the ground and follows the other two to meet up with Nemesis. He sighs and wonders if the other guys got more data then he had on the women training them.
~*~

“Watch out!” Nemesis yells, her blue green orbs shot wide open in trepidation as a bullet whizzes pass Howie’s ear.

“Oh dear God. You’re gonna kill each other if you’re not careful.” Nemesis shrieks. Her temper was slowly unraveling: for the past three hours, she was barely able to get all three men that she was to train: Howie, Brian and Kevin, to pay attention to her. Their curiosity was too much for Nemesis to handle, they wanted to touch everything: all the guns, arsenal, the exotic weapons that was collected by Cabal and Demetrius throughout their lifetime. There wasn’t one thing the men in the room haven’t touched. She sighs and runs her fingers tiredly through her honeysuckle locks. Slumping into a leather black sofa, she throws her arms in the air as a sign of defeat. “That’s enough guys. Stop it. You’re obviously too immature to handle such a responsibly.” She grumbles as Howie’s deep chocolate eyes bore into her.

She feels warmness on her cheeks, as she blushes uncontrollably. She couldn’t understand the effect this man was having on her. Howie smiles gently and with his pointer finger gently wipes away one of Nemesis’s stray hairs. She jerks away unconsciously and smiles feeling her cheeks burn a bright red. “I, I sho, should get back to training you guys. I mean you guys haven’t been catching the moves like I showed you.” She stutters, struggling to stand up from her seat. The door to the training room she’s in, opens with a creak as Damaris walks in accompanied with the other two members of the group.

Nemesis smiles, “Glad to see you came back in one piece. I was worried about you.” She passes her snowy hands down the hem of her dark jeans.

“I survived…barely.” Damaris smirks, watching the glares coming from Nick and A.J. “I was more worried about you though. At least these two guys listened enough to practice the moves I showed them. They know the basic. Which is a start and quite an improvement. What about you and your team?” Damaris asks, a smirk crawling on her face.

Nemesis waves her hand aimlessly towards the three men with her, “Just look around. What do you think happened here? They didn’t even bother listening to me. Kevin and Brian kept questioning me and acting rebellious. I was tempted to crack their wonderful skulls against the crème walls here. Don’t you agree?” She lowers her voice, glaring at the three men besides her.

Kevin clears his throat and shakes his head, “I’m not gonna do anything you tell me! You didn’t even explain why we’re really here. You have all of us here confused and I will not allow that you hurt any of us in way.”

Nemesis acted shocked and places her hand upon her chest, “Oh my, why would you ever think that? Little ol’ me hiding something from you. I would never. How sweet though, that you would come in defense to your little buddies here.” She responds sarcastically.

Brian speaks dryly, “Oh you have humor, how nice.” As he rolls his dark blue orbs in annoyance.

Damaris glances at the clock on the wall and gasp, “You guys, I’m not in the mood for this. We have about ten hours until evening and me and Nemesis promised that we would have you guys trained by then.”

A.J. snorts, “Good luck on that. I’m not fond of this whole kidnapping thing, I’m agreeing with Kevin here man. We can just walk out of here and you can’t do anything about it.”

“Are you sure about that?” Nemesis growls: standing up, facing him, she points a w&s double action pistol in his face. A.J backs down and shrugs his shoulders. Hegulps as she quickly places the pistol back onto her black gun holster.

He seethes out towards her direction, “You can’t scare me!”

The statement received laughter out of Nemesis as she pulls out a steel blue fan: the edges glistened with small sharp blades and swings it A.J.’s face, making him stumble back in utter surprise.

“What the hell is that?!” He yells out, his eyes shot open at the unusual weapon in Nemesis’s hands.

“You’ll find out soon enough, but for now. We’ll rest. Nemesis and I will show you guys your rooms. You’ll need to rest up, today is gonna be a big day for you guys.” Damaris whispers quietly, opening the office door, holding the copper knob in her small hands.

“Why is it a big day?” Howie whispers shakily, as Brian tries to calm A.J. down.

“I’ll tell you later. I’m too tired right now. You guys know how to drain my energy away.” Nemesis whispers seductively, peering her eyes at Howie.

Brian gulps and shakes his head, he just like the others were pulled into something they had no clear idea about. ‘Vampires? That’s impossible.’ He thinks to himself, trying to make sense of the all news he had received earlier. He follows the others out of the room and hoped that someone will fill him in on what exactly is going on.
~*~

The rain pounded down hard, the lightening and thunder sending the storm into its misery. The dark dreary streets cry out in its loneliness as the blue sedan creaks over the wooden planks. The middle age woman sighs happily and leans back on the passenger seat as her husband pulls away from the port.

“Guess this fishing trip is over faster than we thought.” Her husband states grimly, the corners of his eyes crinkle with a smile.

His wife giggles and drains her wet copper hair, full of rain water with her hands. “Honey this storm is coming down harder than I thought. Why don’t we pull over to the first house that we see and make a call? My cell isn’t working in this area, the frequency is horrible down the shore.”

“Same here, I can’t make a call with my stupid cell myself. Let’s drive down this road and see what we can find.” Her husband says, a rain drop running down the side of his peach cheeks.

“Oh look, that house seems to have people in there.” His wife whispers, her cerulean eyes stay fixated upon an old mansion off the side of the road. “Pull up sweetie, maybe they have a phone we can use.”

Her husband smiles, “Don’t you think we can make it back home?”

“We have a flat tire and it’ll be miles till we hit home. Besides the weather is too bad. Maybe if the people are nice, we can stay the night or until the storm is over.” His wife whispers, her light tan cheeks flushed.

“Oh right Gillian. Fine, let’s hope the people in the house will be generous enough to let us stay the night.” Her husband states, his dark eyes scan the mansion. The blue sedan pulls up to the driveway of the mansion as the rain pounded down.

The gravel spraying on the driveway catches the house owner’s attention. Hades snaps his head up and laughs, “Looks like we got company.” He states, peering out the glass pane window.

Kindel giggles and opens the door watching Nairobi stepping down the front steps to greet the “guests”. Inviting the happy couple inside, Kindel smiles, her fangs poking the inside of her gums. She takes a deep breath and tugs on her crimson hair. She quietly closes the front door and follows Nairobi with the wet couple towards the living room.

The copper haired woman from the couple turns her head to smile at Kindel, “I’m so sorry to be bothering you all this late. Me and my husband got caught in the storm and it’s a terror to ride back through this weather.”

Nairobi pushes her wet raven curls behind her ears and smiles. “No bother at all. Ma’am I’ll bring you blanket, you guys can catch a cold like that. Orion honey, why don’t take the couple to the warm living room while Hades brings the blanket to them. Baal sweetie, can you tell Liam that we have company. He’ll be thrilled to know.” Her caramel face plasters a sly grin on it.

Baal chuckles and winks at her before rushing off to get Liam. Hades, passes his fingers through his red spiky hair and grumbles down the hallway to get some blankets for the couple. The couple smiles and compliments Kindel on how beautiful the house is. The couple sits down on a plastic covered sofa and welcome the warm blankets given to them.

Liam steps into the living room and smiles. The woman sitting in the sofa smiles gently, “Hello, I’m sorry to be bothering you. Is there any way I can use your phone? Me and my husband got caught in this terrible unexpected storm.”

Liam smiles, his grey eyes narrow at the couple. “A phone? Why yes, you can use it. It’s down the hallway, come I’ll show you.” The woman stands up and disappears down the dimly lit hallway following Liam.

The husband clears his throat and watches Nairobi giving orders to the others in the house. Suddenly the husband fills a cold chill immersing in the room suddenly. He pulls on the blanket and wraps it around his wet cold body. “My, its quite cold in here.”

“We like it that way.” Nairobi whispers, standing directly in front of the man’s view. “Sir, if you like to stay the night, I have only a small favor to ask of you.”

The man peers up at the beautiful woman and smiles, “Oh if its about money, I’ll totally understand.”

Kindel giggles, “Oh trust me, it ain’t about money. In fact, you have something that we want.”

The husband scans the two women in front of him, “Uhhh, well what is it?”

Hades chokes back his laughter as Orion enters the room with a Kama- a metal hook attached to a small handle used for the killing of vampires. Orion’s dark chocolate skin glows in the soft florescent light as he smiles towards the man’s direction.

“Well if we told you, you might not give it to us.” Nairobi whispers, kneeling down in front of the man to see his face.

“I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell me.” The man states distracted, peering his head down the hallway where his wife had disappeared.

“You’re wife won’t be joining us.” Baal states, a smile plastered on his cinnamon complexion.

“What, what did you do to her? I’ll leave, I changed my mind, I can drive home through this storm, its not a big deal.” The man states nervously, he knew something terrible had occurred and he didn’t want to be here to face it.

Liam comes into the room, his grey eyes sparkling and his lips drips with what looked like blood. “You’re wife has a problem. I took her down the hallway and she seems to have lost a lot of blood when she cuts her neck.”

The man jumps up from the couch, his eyes startled, “How did she cut her neck?! What did you do to her?”

“I did nothing, I simply took her to where the phone was. She just happened to make a move on me, I don’t know what came over her, but she wanted to kiss me. Quite a shocker really.” Liam whispers roughly, his smile never leaving his face.

“No! She wouldn’t do things like that. What did you do to her? Is she ok?” The man asks, his dark eyes searching the hallway hoping his wife would appear already.

“Ok, I won’t leave you in suspense anymore. I killed her. She was quite tasty, her blood one of the purest I tasted in a while.” Liam laughs, wiping his blood smeared mouth with his hand.

“Holy mother of…” The man was cut off as Kindel screeches and topples the man onto the floor. Her fangs gleam brightly in the soft lights above her.

“There will be no such thing in this house! How about I take you to join your wife now? Would you like that?” Kindel asks manically, her emerald eyes glowing.

The man screams out as Kindel lies straddled on him as Orion swings the Kama in his hands approaching the man on the floor.

“Sir, its sad to see that it’s over for you.” Orion’s deep voice rumbles, as he leans over the victim’s face.

The man cries out as Kindel rips into the soft flesh on the neck pulling on the veins and slowly draining the man’s life away. The man’s blood drops splatter and stain the mahogany wooden planks as Orion, Liam, Nairobi, Hades and Baal laugh in glee, enjoying the horrid screams that filter in the room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**