- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”


~**Mystical Paranoia ~**

The rain patters quietly on the glass window pane, as Howie traces the trails of the drops with his tired eyes. The soft yellow and orange dawn sunlight caresses his face as he sighs deeply. He wanted to go to sleep, his body was longing for it, but he couldn’t deny the fact that he was scared senseless. He didn’t know where he was, he along with the other guys were forced to come to the company in a hotel, where the Crimson society met. So many questions he needed to ask, so many things he needed answers too. He was desperate to escape, but Nemesis’s warning though brought him into confusion. She told the guys to stay put, that if they escaped, they would get brought back by Demetrius and he wasn’t in the best of moods to begin with. He recalled the snide remark Nick had said after Nemesis had talked, “Really? Could have fooled me?”

Howie smiles and gently pulls on the thin cotton blanket over his hip. His eyes remain fixated on the pouring rain drops, falling aimlessly down the glass pane. Sighing, he tried to think of ways to escape, part of him wanted to be rebellious like Nick or A.J. and attempt to leave but the other part of him was just too cautious and who can blame him. There was definitely something eerily frightening about the whole society thing: especially what Demetrius and Cabal are. Sure he never believed the whole superstitious vampire stories that were told to him when he was young. “I mean they just can’t be real. Shouldn’t there be a law or something that keeps them away from people?” He whispers softly, the mere vibration of his lips when he formed the words ‘vampire’, sent a cold shiver down his spine. He lies on his side, as he gazes tiredly out the rainy window. Ideas formed his head, about how the guys would try to escape. He recalled the earlier conversation with the others when they all met at Kevin’s bedroom:

“I’m getting out of here! I can’t stand this place! It’s freaky, the whole thing is abnormal. They should all go to jail or something, or send the dogs after those things. I mean they’re not even human!” Nick shrieks, his azure eyes glowing in rage.

Kevin sighs and nervously tried to explain everything that they knew so far about why they are there. “Look, as I know, Nemesis said something about we’re chosen. We have to stop some other group from hurting the public. She said, the police can’t help cause some of them work for the Nightfall Society and others simply aren’t informed of it.” He says quietly, pacing in front of Nick nervously who seems to be quiet and withdrawn from the whole conversation. Howe continued to recall the vivid images that run through his mind about the guys meeting:

Brian crosses his arms and stares at the beige ceiling, the soft dim yellow florescent light glowing with all its strength. “Ok, so far, what we’re in is to stop the non living from hurting the innocent people here right?” He gazes at Kevin who nods his head. Brian closing his azure eyes for a moment, takes a deep breathe. “Well if that group was causing problems for so long, why now, does Demetrius want to go after them? And besides the fact that he decided that using us would pull the other group to come after us, why is he forcing us to stay here against our will?!” He growls the last words, his eyes narrowing as the slight anger tickled his spine.

“See what I mean? I’m out! I’m not staying here! He could do whatever the hell he wants to. As for me, I’m walking out of this building and he can’t stop me!” A.J. states, his chocolate eyes burning in rage as he throws on his black jacket and heads to exit Kevin’s room.

“Wait, look, I know it sounds weird, but I’m thinking the girls were forced into this as well. Nemesis told me that she joined the Crimson Society not that long ago with Damaris. I’m thinking that if they themselves who have been trained well couldn’t have escaped, what makes you think we can stand a chance?” Howie whispered to them, his eyes downcast knowing he sent off an argument.

Kevin clutches the arms of the chair he decided to sit on and smirks, “And you believe that woman! Howie, I’m not staying here! Our safety is endanger, we’re messing with a psychotic man who believes vampires exist. Listen to me, Howie, we’re all leaving and I’m gonna make sure you don’t change your mind. In two hours, I’m coming to get you from your room. Stay awake, we’re getting the hell out of here.” Kevin whispers vehemently, the sudden thick tension arising in the room.

Howie gulps and blinks his eyes as his thoughts drift back to the falling rain drops on the windows. He sighs and rubs his eyes waiting: waiting for Kevin to come get him and take him and the others away from this hellhole.
~*~

The sun was rising, it was funny how he never had the chance to really see the glory of the sunrise, but today he did and he was spellbound by the natural beauty of the rising sun. He smiles and places his forehead on the cool glass window, his dark chocolate eyes scan the front yard of the grand hotel they along with the others from the Crimson Society are in. He hears a rasp knocking on the door and jumps at the sudden noise that disturbed the peace. A.J. smiles and races over to the door expecting to see Kevin waiting for him, instead it was Brian.

“Hey B. Whatcha doing here? I thought Kevin was gonna get me?” A.J. whispers, tugging on Brian’s blue tank top, pulling him into the bedroom and closing the door behind him immediately.

Brian sighs, “I know, but there’s a problem. Nick is missing. I went to get him and he disappeared from his room.” He whispers, glancing around the room hoping maybe Nick could have wondered here.

A.J. shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders, “Sorry B. Nick ain’t in here. Wonder where he could have gone?”
“I think he might have escaped before us.” Brian whispers quietly, his piercing eyes taking in every inch of the room in hopes that Nick could have sneaked in here after all.

“Nick’s slow, not stupid. I doubt he has the balls to just leave without any of us.” A.J states quietly, brushing down his hair with his light tan fingers.

Brian smirks, “I guess you’re right, in about a five minutes we’re gonna try to head down to the living room.”

“Does Kevin know exactly how we’re gonna leave here? I mean will we just open the front door and walk out?”

Brian nods his head, “Yup, it’s that simple.”

A.J. smirks and shakes his head, “You know I thought Howie could have sneaked away from us not Nick.”

“Why do you say that?” Brian asks curiously, his light eyebrows rose in interest.

“Well, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think Howie might be feeling something for one of the girls. Nemesis in particular.” A.J. whispers excitedly, rubbing his hands together in glee.

Brian laughs, “Howie and Nemesis? Nah, the chick is psycho. I think she’s a vampire herself. I don’t think our boy is that fast in falling for her. Though she’s a beauty but I think she’s along with the other girl is missing a marble or two in her head.”

A.J. snorts, “Well that’s what I thought. But nope, human like us as far as I know. Damaris said or least tried to give the same excuse that she was human just like the rest of us but come on B. Why would Cabal and that Demetrius dude need them? Sure they can fight but the guys had to train them. I don’t know, this whole thing is too confusing and just down right freaky. She might not be one but I think she had one in her…”

Brian gasp and interrupts, chuckling, “Alex man! That’s wrong!”

Laughing A.J. throws his arms in the arms innocently, “Hey man, you never know.”

Brian smirks checks his watch, “Time to roll. Let’s go.” And with that pulls on A.J.’s black tank top, leading him to the exit of the room.
~*~

A cold drop of water traces down edge of his nose as he dries his face with a small towel. He sighs and cracks his neck gently, he didn’t understand why he was really here with the so called vampires. And why they needed him and the guys. He stares at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, his blue eyes full of worry and distress. He wanted out and he would do that tonight. He exits the small bathroom and enters the bedroom decorated identical to the other bedrooms the guys are in: A dark scarlet carpet covered the entire floor as the dingy white walls and ceiling stand out. He grabs his wallet and makes his way over to the door, silently opening the door and slipping out into the hallway. Passing the many bedrooms besides him, he creeps down the stairs hoping to reach the front door and make his escape. He reaches the door and was about half way done opening it, when he forgot to grab a weapon.

‘Just in case’ He thought, he needed to protect himself in case those insane people of the Crimson Society sneak up on him. He glances around the large dark living room, only the flicking white candle on the fireplace gave its weak light. The yellow glow from the candle gave Nick a chance to see besides the fireplace stood an antique dark mahogany dresser, the entire floor was covered in a dark crimson carpeting while large glass pane windows surrounded the area. The early morning sun glow seeps through the windows helping to enlighten the room and giving Nick a chance to see where he really is. In the center of the living room stood a grand piano, its ivory keys glowing brightly, taunting Nick to play with them. Nick feels a smile and gazes up at the top of stairs, ‘Should I? No, I could wake them up and then the plan will fail. I have more important things to do than to play the piano.’ Yet Nick remain transfixed on the beautiful instrument gleaming in the golden sunlight. ‘I gotta leave now. I’ll meet the guys outside, down the road. I can’t stay here another minute.’ And he closes his eyes as his heart pounds against his chest. He feared getting caught, but he couldn’t think about that now, he has to go through with the plan. Taking a deep breath, he steps outside and races down the porch welcoming the morning sun.
~*~

Howie pulls the covers off him as he quietly open the knocking door.

“You ready?” Kevin asks, leaning on the threshold.

Howie nods his head and bends over to a chair where he placed his boots on. Quickly slipping into it and tying it. He stands up and exits the room following Kevin.

“Kev? Kev? Wait.” Howie yells quickly catching up to a running Kevin.

Kevin turns around and glares down, “Wait till we get outside and then we can talk. Now is bad.”

“I was gonna say that Nick is missing.” Howie whispers loudly, tiptoeing behind Kevin.

Kevin stops and licks his lips nervously, “What did you just say?”

“That Nick is missing. Brian went looking for him and I heard him talking to A.J. about it.” Howie quietly whispers, placing his back on wall and silently tiptoes towards the stairwell.

Kevin reaches the grand staircase, it’s dark mahogany stairs carpeted in a plush crimson material and takes two steps down before turning around and facing Howie. “What do you mean he’s missing? Brian and Nick should be downstairs along with A.J. Why would Nick not be there?”

Howie shrugs his shoulders and gulps, he knew something wasn’t right, he could feel a pang in his abdomen as his intuition decides to kick in.

Kevin grumbles and the two men safely make it down the stairs and make their way to the doorway.

He can see the silhouette of A.J. and Howie as they approach the waiting men. “Where’s Nick?” He chokes out, his emerald eyes scanning to A.J. and Brian in confusion.

Brian grimaces and whispers, “Actually I was gonna ask you the same thing?”

“What?! I can’t believe this! Where the hell could he have gone. I swear if he left before us or decided to explore this mansion, God so help me, I’ll kill the child.” Kevin growls as he fishes in his pockets for his cellular phone. “He better pick up too.” He lets the phone ring and after the fifth ring Kevin was about to hang up when Nick answers the phone.

“Yo Kev. Where you at?” Nick’s voice filters the phone as Kevin glares at the others.

“Moron, we’re about to leave the place.” Kevin whispers.

“Uh, I don’t think it’s such a good idea.” Nick replies, his voice sounding shaking.

“Nick, something wrong with you?” Kevin asks worriedly, the other three guys gather around him.

“Yes.” Nick simply states.

“Ok, Nick, is someone with you?” Kevin asks, his eyes wide and round in fear.

“Yes.” Nick answers, his voice drops as the phone is passed to someone.

“Hello.” The unknown voice states.

Kevin gulps and raises his dark eyebrows at the others. Howie pokes him on the side and with his hands state for Kevin to keep talking to Nick.

“Who’s this? You with Nick?” Kevin asks, his voice becoming weaker as frightening images clouded his mind about what Nick could have gotten into.

“You’ll find out. But whatever you do, don’t leave the house. Or Nick will be singing the blues at the bottom of an ocean.” The voice threatens.

Kevin gulps as Brian peers out one of the windows to see what looked like Nick standing down the road like they had planned. Except besides him stood a man similar to Nick dressed all black as He grabs Nick by the throat and drags the man away from the road into a black minivan. Brian gasps and watches the scenery as Kevin tries to talk with the mysterious man on the phone.

“Leave Nick alone!” Kevin shouts, not caring anymore if he loud or that he woken anyone up.

Howie and A.J. run to the window to where Brian is at and gasp as the youngest member in their group is hurled into the back of the vehicle.

The laughter is the only answer Kevin received on the other line as a dial tone quickly followed that.

Kevin mutters a profanity and races out the door just in time to see the black minivan drive away down the road.

“NO! DAMMIT!” Kevin shrieks. “Why didn’t Nick listen to me? If he stayed here and waited for us indoors all this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Don’t blame yourself for this, Kev. We’ll tell the girls about it and see if they can help us get Nick back.” Howie whispers gently as A.J. examines the tire tracks on the asphalt left behind from the vehicle.

“There’s no one to trust here. I don’t trust the women in there nor that Cabal guy or Demetrius. We’re own our own, and I’m gonna find the bastard that took Nick without those people help.” Kevin mutters, the heated rage blurring his eyes as he exhales slowly trying to relax.

“I think Howie’s right on this on.” A.J. responds, his raspy voice states.

Kevin glares at the man before him and leans towards him, “And why should I let those goons help me?” He states through clenched teeth.

“Cause that was one of the guys I saw three weeks ago with the crescent tattoo.” Howie whispers shakily, his hands grip on Brian’s arm tightly.
“D, it’ll ok. We’ll get Nick back. He’ll be with us soon, you’ll see.” Brian whispers as he gazes at the other three men lost in hope.
~*~

Nairobi brushes her long raven locks gently over her shoulder as she sings a song quietly to herself. She turns to the soft tap coming from the door, “Who is it?”

“Kindel: open up. I got news!” Kindel giggles as she juggles the doorknob in her hands. Nairobi stands up from the chair and drops her brush on the dresser, quickly opening her room door to the woman.

Kindel eagerly steps in, her emerald eyes ablaze in pure joy, giggling, the red headed woman bounces on her toes.

“Well it must be good news, you almost woke me up from my nap.” Nairobi states with a gentle smirk on face, her dark eyes twinkling with glee.

“Sorry, I just thought it’s imperative that you know what I know. I got a call from Liam about a minute ago, telling me he caught one of the Crimson people that are working with Demetrius. He said the guy has the Cross symbol like Demetrius and the rest of the group has. So he knows that the man knows something.” Kindel whispers happily, her red painted lips smear into a smile.

“Well that’s quite the news no isn’t it? I’m sure the guy will talk after all Demetrius life isn’t worth dying for now is it?” Nairobi giggles, her beautiful caramel complexion glows in the sunlight. “Kindel sweetie, can you close the curtains. The dreaded light is quite a nuisance when I’m trying to sleep. I don’t get why humans find it so satisfying.”

“Em, they’re weird I guess.” Kindel replies as she tugs on the bright red curtains, pulling them close to block out the sun. “You what’s so funny now that I’m thinking about it.”

Nairobi shrugs her shoulders as she lies on the canopy bed, its red lace curtains surrounding her, “What’s that?”

“How humans think the sun is our enemy.” Kindel whispers, her light eyes gleaming in mischievous.

Nairobi smirks and shakes her head, “Yeah, well you know all those myths they have about us. They say that to feel safe and secure that in the light they’re safe when they’re really not. We’re watching them.”

“Yup, I think the moonlight gives me a better look anyway. Makes it more scary and creepy don’t ya think?” Kindel states, her dark red locks toppling over her shoulders.

“Yes, I think so too.” Nairobi remarks, quietly giggling along with Kindel.

“Well, I’ll see you in the evening, I’ll let you take your beauty nap.” Kindel whispers steeping out of the grand master room.

“Alright, just come get me, when company arrives.” Nairobi whispers with a small smile on her face.

“Oh I will! ‘night.” Kindel whispers

“Goodnight to you sweetie.” Nairobi whispers, closing her dark eyes for slumber.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**