- Text Size +
A/N: Ok, guys I’m not sure what’s up with the reviews, I know that a couple of you that did leave reviews have been erased, anyways, if you guys are still interested, this chapter will be fun to read and hehe, there’s fighting in it! *grins* Take care and please leave a review, so I know that I haven’t lost my readers out there. **Please check out my story with my co-author Natalie in the sci-fi section called “Not Too Young” I promise it’ll be worth the read! Thanks! *grins*

“The Blood Pact”

**~Danger Up Ahead~**

Howie sighs and stares at the empty seat besides him. Kevin decided it was to his best interest along with the others to tell Nemesis and Damaris what had occurred to their friend and his sudden kidnapping.

His tired chocolate eyes effortlessly watch as Kevin ascends the stairwell to where the bedrooms are. The early sunlight filters into the living room of the fancy vacant hotel that the Crimson Society privately owns. He slumps on the red velvet sofa and watches Brian and A.J. discuss something in private, their whispers echoing him, almost taunting him. He had the sudden feeling he was being excluded out of any activity that might take place. He realized that Cabal and Demetrius were more interested in the other four guys then himself, ‘Maybe it’s the tattoos they have.’ He thinks to himself quietly, chuckling.

“Howie, come here a sec.” A.J. whispers, waving his hand over to him.

Howie reluctantly makes his way over to the two, “What?” He curiously asks, his gaze landing on A.J. who has a grim expression scrolled across his face.

“Do you feel different today?” Brian whispers over to him, his voice dropping away as his azure eyes drift to focus on the red plush carpet below him.

“Different? How? I feel exhausted if that’s what you’re asking.” Howie lowers his voice, to maintain the private conversation they’re having to themselves and to no one else.

“No, different, like inside your soul or something. Like you’re fighting to maintain a good clear conscious about you and everything that’s happening.” Brian whispers, his eyes almost pleading with Howie to try to comprehend what’s torturing him.

Howie shakes his head and tries to understand why his friends are distress. “Look, I know the whole kidnapping thing is freaking us out, but Nick will be ok. He has to be. Kevin went to get the girls, they have to tell us the whole story and all this confusion and mess can finally be cleared up.”

A.J. smile softly, “Then I think it’s not a good idea to let Kevin talk with them alone. I’m going with him. You guys can with me or wake up Cabal or Demetrius, either way, we have to figure out what’s going on. ‘cause this is confusing as hell to me.”

“Tell me about it.” Brian whispers, following A.J.

The three men creep up the stairs steadily avoiding creating more sound than they needed to. The last thing they needed as an angry leader ready to tear them apart and the guys didn’t know about Demetrius that well to be put in such a horrid position.

A.J. smiles and leads the way down the carpeted hallway until he stops out the end of the dimly light hallway. Kevin rasps his knuckles lightly on the door at the end, to his left. Without waiting for a response, Kevin grabs the copper doorknob and slams his body against the door, swinging it open. A.J. raises his eyebrows and nods his head, “Wow, that was cool Kev. Think you could more louder.” He teases, his dark eyes gleaming in the dim light.

Kevin rolls his eyes and steps into one of the women’s bedroom. Kevin races over to the bedside of the large canopy queen size where Damaris was sleeping soundly. Yanking the thin covers off her small body, Kevin leans down and grabs the woman by her hair.

Damaris’s eyes snap open as she gasps and stares at the angry man before her.

“Whoa, whoa, hey. Kev! Stop that! Let go of her. How are we supposed to get her talk if you’re scaring her?” Brian whispers loudly, his sapphire eyes widen in anxiety.

Howie and A.J. approach the woman’s bedside as Kevin realizes his grip on her hair.

“Fine, alright. But you have a lot to explain to us!” Kevin growls, his light eyes glowing in the dark.

Damaris shivers and crawls away from Kevin in fright, “What do you wanna know?” She asks, pulling a thin blanket over her arms, her heart banging against her chest as she tries to steady her rapid breathing.

“Everything.” Howie whispers, kneeling besides her on the bedside.

“Like from the beginning?” Damaris whispers.

“That would come in useful.” A.J. remarks, his dark eyes gazing at the frightened woman on the bed.

“Ok, I’ll tell you what I know. Maybe Nemesis might know more than I. She was part of the Crimson Society before I was.” Damaris whispers, her voice shaking as her eyes scroll nervously over to the rippling velvet red curtains bellowing in the sharp cool breeze emerging from the large glass window panes.

“I get Nemesis, but you start explaining.” Kevin points to the woman as he exits the room.

Damaris nibbles on her lips as she passes her hands nervously over her dark brown hair. “It started over a century ago. A man by the name of Dagon walked on the earth. He traveled around the world, excited about what each country had to offer. He was tourist more to say but he studied heavily on the features of the Earth for he loved the formations of the natural beauty Earth had to offer. But something happened to him throughout his journeys. It wasn’t clear what exactly occurred but rumors had it that he was attacked by some night creature, like a bat or something. Well he noticed, he was picking up the strange instincts of such an animal, preferring the night rather than day, his vision was excelling better by night than day, his hunger. His hunger well that’s a different story. Bats don’t drink blood, though there’s a story of blood sucking bats, but that’s just a myth. But the man noticed his hunger for blood grew in the night, he needed to taste it, like a urge or rather craving that will replenish his hunger…” She was cut off when A.J. cuts her off.

“Sweetie, what does this have to do with us, with Nick getting taken and the Crimson society?” A.J. asks annoyed, his dark eyes narrowing at her, as he takes off his shades.

“With everything. This helps you understand what exactly is the Crimson society and why you’re here.” Damaris states quietly, her head dropped to her chest as she fiddles with the edges of a blanket on the bed.

“Oh ok then.” A.J. whispers, crossing his arms over his chest, “You can continue.”

Damaris smiles slightly and continues the story, “Ok, well Dagon was changing into what we call a vampire. He was becoming a demon something that was unheard of. There were myths that came from the Biblical times that the man that had betrayed Jesus didn’t die but changed into a vampire. Anyway, Dagon was the first original vampire, he eventually like a human that he was still a part of, fell in love with a woman who became his wife. Eileen, his wife bore children, Liam and Drake.”

She stops as she hears the guys gasps, “Liam, I heard that name before.” Howie whispers.

Damaris simply nods her head and continues the story, “Yeah. Well Liam was officially a full blown vampire born of human and a half vampire. Liam, shall I say became the first vampire to creep upon this Earth. He later changed Demetrius, the one we all know, to a vampire. Demetrius see was a regular man just like you guys. But later changed through the sip of an immortal blood- Liam’s. About twenty years ago, a fight broke out between the two men and each headed their separate ways. Liam formed what we call the Dark Falls Society, originally was called Midnight Society, but changed the name for some reason. Anyways, Liam and Demetrius have been at each other’s throat for while now.” She smiles and giggles slightly at the irony of the statement she said.

It seemed only Brian caught that too as he smirks. Damaris smiles, “Now to answer your question, you’ve been chosen.”

“We covered this already, but why?” A.J. whispers, his anger flickering in his voice.

“You guys are the descendants of Liam and Demetrius. Demetrius was drawn to you guys blood, there was familiar scent in your sample of blood that Demetrius recognized. The same blood scent that transformed him into a vampire.” Damaris ended sighing.

Howie looks over at Brian and A.J. who seem to be in some form of shock as they try to comprehend the story given to them. “I’m related to them?” Howie whispers.

“Correction, they’re related to them. Not you.” Damaris whisper softly, pointing to A.J. and Brian. “Nick and Kevin are direct descendents of Liam.”

“Oh that’s real nice, it’s a family reunion. How nice.” A.J. mutters sarcastically, stealing glances to his two band mates.

“Why are we descendents and not Howie?” Brian whispers.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, “Don’t know. I’m not related to any of them either, I just work for Demetrius.”

“There’s more to this story right?” A.J. growls, hating to stay in the dark of the whole idea of the Crimson society.

“Yeah, but like I said, Nemesis knows the rest. That’s all I know.”

“Why didn’t you ever try escaping from here?” Howie asks curiously.

Damaris laughs in distress, “How easy would that be? I tried, you have no idea ho much me and Nemesis tried leaving this place. But we can’t. It’s like being a part of a gang or mafia. I can’t leave, I know too much, even the little that I do know is too much. Demetrius would rather kill me than have me leave with the history of the vampire tale.”

“Don’t you want to want to leave?!” Howie whispers loudly, his big eyes round, taking in the morbid expression crossing the young woman.

“Yes, but I don’t wanna die either. Me and Nemesis have planned on escaping and almost manage to leave but we get drawn in again. Cabal pulls up back to this. This hell that has no ending. Until Liam is destroyed, I can’t leave here and neither can you.” She whispers in almost a trance.

“Oh God. This is living nightmare.” A.J. whispers, his dark eyes stare at the only thing of innocence in the room: the early dawn sun light breaking through the glass panes.

“I wanted to tell you that Nick was just kidnapped just a few minutes ago.” Brian whispers afraid to bring up another topic that involved those sick vampires.

Damaris gasps alarmed, “What?! How did that happen? Do you know who kidnapped him?”

A.J. sighs and slumps his shoulders, “We had planned on escaping this place, we all were about to leave the front door when we realize Nick wasn’t with us.”

“Kevin got a call on his phone from Nick who was just outside here waiting for us on the roadside, suddenly it seemed like Nick was in danger cause he sounded freaked out.” Howie states: sitting on the edge of the bed trailing his hands down his arm to understand the whole absurd story given to him by Damaris.

“I the guy who told him, a tall skinny man with light blonde hair. The guy sounded eerie on the phone telling Kevin on the phone that if we left this place that Nick will die!” Brian says, the panic settling in his voice.

Damaris gulps, “Oh boy, this isn’t good. Liam knows about you guys. If he has Nick, he could be tormenting the man to get the info he needs.”

Brian sighs deeply, “Girl you still have a lot to explain. Why info does he need from Nick?”

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, ‘That’s all the info I know. Nemesis told me something about the on going conflict with Liam and Demetrius but I don’t know the details.”

Howie runs his fingers through his unruly black curls and stands up from the bed, “Well I’ll guess we’ll wait for Kevin to come with Nemesis then.”

A.J. twirls his pointer finger in the air to show how ‘excited’ he was for that event to occur.

Brian sighs and drums his fingers on the night stand besides bed, waiting for the rest of the untold story to be told to them.
~*~

Kevin reaches the last thick mahogany door to his left and turns the large copper knob. To his surprise, the door creaks open, allowing him entrance to the sanctuary. He slides into the room quietly, his light eyes adjusting to the sudden darkness that enveloped him. “Nemesis? Nemesis are you awake?”

He received no response as he gazes around him sensing something suspicious. His sense of awareness rose as his heart races expecting something to come. “Nemesis, I’m not in the mood for games, where are you?”

“Not in the mood? Really cause I am.” Nemesis’s voice filters in the pitch black room.

Kevin smirks, “I need you to meet us in Damaris’s room. You need to tell us the rest of the story Damaris is telling us about the history and past of the Crimson Society and why we’re here.”

His response was a laughter, as he hears the wooden planks beneath him creak with the invisible weight of his unseen foe. “You’ll have to beat the answer out of me cause I’m not talking.”

“What do you know?” Kevin growls, his fists drawn into a tight grip.

“The truth.” Nemesis’s voice floats by him.

Kevin could sense her presence nearby and lashes out his hand, pushing into what seem like a shoulder from Nemesis’s body. He hears her feet shuffle as she back away and her laughter, as his eyes are drawn to a gleaming sliver material striking in the middle of the room. The silver material disappears into the dark again and swiftly flashes before his face inches away as the early dawn yellow light tries to break through the drawn curtains. Kevin focuses his eyes on the curtains and runs to it to help light up the room and grab Nemesis. It seemed she knew that too and leaps onto his back, pulling out a thin wire and wrapping it around his throat.

“Oh no. There’s no cheating in this. Can you get me in the dark?” Nemesis’s taunting voice chants.

Kevin swiftly tugs on the arms that hold the wire and flip the figure onto the ground. The body crashes onto the floor as Kevin feels a slight ting of pain caress his legs. It seems that Nemesis was using the silver material on his sensitive flesh. He could feel the searing hot pain flood his body as a trail of blood oozes from a wound on the base of his leg. “AHHH! That’s hurts!” He yells in agony as he tries with his good leg to stomp on the crawling figure on the floor.

He hears more laughter as Nemesis stands up and pulls out a metal object, the sound of scraping metal being banged on. In a second, he sees the object lashing out towards him as backs away, stumbling over a rug on the ground. He tries to focus on the oncoming object and topples onto the floor as his ankle gave up. He slams onto the floor and with eyes wide open, tries to see the figure ascend towards him. He fells the heavy weight land on his abdomen suddenly causing him to gasp for air. He tries to push away Nemesis as she is straddled on him, giggling.

He feels a burning sensation rip into his arms as the metal object that seems like a metal fan cuts into his flesh. Yelling in agony, he tries his best to push her off him, but his energy was draining from him as panic settled over him.

“Kevin. The first rule of the fighting is never let your opponent get the best out of you. You let panic seize you, that can’t happen when its time to fight for real. And never let your opponent get you down on the floor. Cause then it’ll be too late for you.” Nemesis’s voice tickles his ears as he hears her leaning in to tell him. He hears her standing up and drawing open the curtains, letting the sun light filter into the room.

Kevin sits up on his elbows and takes a deep breath, his eyes squinting at the new found light. Nemesis standing in the radiance of the glow of the morning sun, smiles at him, her bluish green orbs lit up in glee as her gentle honeysuckle tresses flow pass her shoulders, “Well good morning to you too.” She mutters, rolling her eyes at him. “Why the sudden invading in my room? Can’t I get some sleep?”

Kevin smirks, “You’re needed in Damaris’s room, she said you know more about the history of the Crimson Society and why we’re here.”

Nemesis sighs and extends her hand to get Kevin off the floor. “You’re in for a quite a story I should say. Well let’s go. I’m sure the horrid look on your face when I attacked you is priceless. Man what I wish I had a camera for that. It would have sold great on Ebay.”

Kevin snarls at her and both leave the room to join the others.
~*~

Liam smiles as he drags the young man out of the van. “Come on, let’s make this easy for all of us now shall we?” Liam whispers as he grips tightly on Nick’s arm. Nick struggles and thrashes around making it difficult for Liam to hold him properly. “Don’t make this harder for you. The more you anger me, the more you’ll suffer.”

Nick screams out for helps and Liam shaking his head angrily, grabs Nick’s head and slams it on the hood of his car. The body slumps unconsciously into his arms as Liam smiles. “There, much quieter now, aren’t we?” He whispers as he drags the large body into the house.

He hears a giggle as Kindel greets him at the doorway, “Oh, is he food?” She whispers in delight.

Liam gazes at her darkly, “No! I suggest you leave him alone. He’s here to give us some answers. And if he doesn’t cooperate with us, then I’ll you feast on him.”

Kindle smiles widely, “Oh you would do that for me? That’s so sweet pumpkin. Here let me help out.” She bends down and grabs one of Nick’s arms, pulling the man into the living room with Liam pulling on the other arm.

Baal smiles and pokes Hades on his side, “Get the rope, hurry. We have company.” As he pulls out a rickety wooden chair and places it in the center of the living room.

Kindel giggles and lets go of Nick’s arm, rushing down the hallway to awake Nairobi from her slumber. Liam turns his head to the sound of Kindel’s heels pounding down the hall. With Baal’s help, he stands the unconscious man in their grasps. Hades comes up to the living room with a thick rope in his hands as he smiles broadly.

“Liam, are you sure he’s one of them?” Baal whispers curiously. “I mean is he one of the Crimson people?”

Liam nods his head, “Yes, look. He has the marking of them.” As he states this, he rips Nick’s sleeve to reveal the tattoo of a black cross.

“Hmmm…. Wonder why Demetrius was drawn to this kid. He isn’t anything special.” Hades states as he enters the living room untying a large rope.

“Oh but he is. He’s a direct lineage to my family. Can’t you smell it? He possesses the same blood that flows through my body.” Liam whispers.

“So wouldn’t that make him…” Baal states but Liam cuts him off.

“Shhh… let’s not jump to conclusions. When he wakes, if he supplies us with the data we need, he’ll live. If not, I guess his blood should be our dinner.” Liam whispers as the others chuckle in glee awaiting for the strange man to awake before them.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**