- Text Size +
Chapter 04 * You Drove Me To Do This

“How do I look?” Fred asked when she came in to the common room with Katie, Alicia and Angelina. Harry, Ron, Hermione and George looked up at Fred.

“Like you did all week, a girl.” Ron said.

“That’s not what I meant.” Fred narrowed her eyes at him.

“You look nice.” Harry said.

“Thank you Harry.” Fred went over to Ron and smacked him up side the head. “That’s all I wanted to hear.”

“Why are you all dressed up for?” Hermione said. “I thought you had Quidditch practices.”

“It’s not Quidditch practices.” Angelina said. “It’s an emergency team meeting.”

“It’s about my future on the team.” Fred said.

“What does this have to do with what you’re wearing?” Ron asked.

“I wanted to handle this whole thing in a very mature manner. So I wanted to look decent”

“You couldn’t of found a shorter skirt?” Ron said. Hermione hit him.

“This is the shortest skirt Angelina had.” Fred said. “And Wood would never notice I have nice legs.”

“You know what Fred I’m proud of you.” Hermione said. “You are handling this whole thing very professionally.”

“I know what you mean. Ever since I became a girl I’ve been able to approach problems in a completely new way.”

“So are you going to cry?” Ron asked. Hermione shot him another dirty look.

“No, I’m going to talk to Wood in a very calm manner.”

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!!!!” Fred yelled as the rest of the team stood around and watched.

“There goes calm manner.” Harry said to George.

“Can you please lower your voice?” Wood said.

“Lower my voice?! Lower my voice!? There is not reason for me to lower my voice! WE’RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PITCH!!!!” Those words echoed through the empty stands, causing a huge flack of birds to fly out of the stadium. “And I was just told I’m being replaced!” She never hated Wood she rather liked him. He let her and George get away with murder on the team not like the captain before him. But right now Fred was resisting all urges to punch him. She would if her last resort does not work.

“It’s for the good of the team.”

“Good of the TEAM? If it were for the good of the team you would let me stay on the team. That’s what a good captain would do.”

“Fred, you have been through a very drastic change.”

“Yes, my muscle mass went down but I can still play!”

“I’m sorry, Fred.” Fred sighed. George patted her on the back.

“Have any thing up your sleeve?” He asked her.

“Don’t I always?” She gave Wood a glare. “You drove me to do this.” Before anyone realized it Fred threw herself at Wood’s feet and grabbed him around his legs. “Please let back on the t-t-team! I ha-ha-have been through a-a-a big ch-cha-change. My-my-my clothes don-don-don’t f-f-fit right. I ha-ha-have been mo-mo-moved to a new-new-new room all alone. Every one lo-lo-looks at me we-we-weird. I-I-I have been very em-em-emotional lately. I’ve been go-go-going through a ha-ha-hard time! Th-th-this is all-all I have le-le-left of my ol-ol-old liffffeeeee!” She buried her face into his pant leg.

“Man, where’s Colin when we need him?” George said looking around for him.

“You know Oliver,” Angelina began. “Girls have better upper body strength then guys maybe this change will probably make her swing a lot better.” Fred stopped sobbing and looked up at Wood, giving him her best puppy dog eyes with a quivering lip. This use to work on girls and his mother hopefully they’ll work on boys now. Wood looked down at Fred. I’ll punch you in your pretty face if you say no. Fred thought. Did I just say Wood was pretty? I need to get back to my body.

“Okay, you can stay on the team.” Fred jumped up and threw her arms around Wood.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She gave him a kiss on the cheek before jumping up and down with the others. She stopped suddenly but still smiling. “Did I just kiss Wood?”

“Yeah, you did.” Katie said.

“Ah!” She spit at the ground and whipping her mouth. “I really need my body back! Ack!”

(Author’s note: I’d liked to hear some suggestions for this story.)