- Text Size +
This was supposed to be part of Chapter Four, but for some reason it did not post. So here is the rest of the chapter! Enjoy and please review!
------------------------

“This is the longest fucking bus ride I have ever taken in my life,” Nick whined, staring out of the darkly tinted glass window. He slouched down crossing his arms over his chest, “Are we there yet?”

He was ignored by everybody once again. Ever since they’d left Maine, he had been complaining, therefore the rest of the group was trying to drown him out for the remainder of the trip...before they went ballistic on him. Nick stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. He hated being ignored, and he was still extremely hyper. He started bouncing up and down in his seat like a small child.

“Are we there yet?” he asked again, once more getting no response. He tapped Kevin on the shoulder, poking him repeatedly, “Daddy, are we there yet? Huh?”

Brian snorted, trying to hold in a laugh at Nick’s last comment. Leave it to Nick to say something stupid yet completely off the wall. It had struck him as funny, but Kevin looked less than amused as he lifted his eyes up over the paper he was reading, glaring at Nick. He raised an eyebrow and shook his head, returning his attention to his article. Nick sighed, slumping down even further into the seat. It was obvious that he’d given up on Kevin for the time being. This was probably a good thing before the eldest snapped or backhanded Nick across the back of his head...again. Nick seemed to get that a lot, weather it was playfully or out of being a pain in the ass.

“I’m bored,” Nick stated subconsciously.

“Then play your Play Station thingy.” Kevin finally replied, “Just be quiet for more than five minutes.”

“I can’t,” Nick muttered.

Kevin took the paper down completely and stared at Nick along with AJ, Brian and Howie. Nick blushed shamefully. He knew that they were waiting for answer, but he stubbornly refused to speak until he was pushed for more information.

“Oh, and why not?” Kevin asked skeptically, unable to wait to hear this excuse. He knew it would be good.

Nick could see that one coming from a mile away. It would be too good to be true for them to leave him alone about it. They were all waiting now for his answer and Nick knew he wouldn’t have enough time to think up a creative excuse. The truth would have to do.

“I kinda left it back in Bangor...behind the bus...” he muttered quietly, his voice trailing off slightly.

“Niiiick,” the group groaned in unison.

“This is the fourth one you’ve lost, numb nuts.” Brian stated.

“You’d lose your dick if it weren’t attached,” A.J. retorted, “And we can’t get ya another one of those, so thankfully it is permanently affixed.”

Nick scowled, pulling up the sleeves of his sweatshirt a little and crossing his arms over his chest again. He was always being made fun of and picked on. He was starting to feel like a joke. Kept around for entertainment. All was quiet for a few moments, but that was about all.

“Holy crap Nick,” Kevin’s eyes widened, “What the hell happened to your arms? Please tell me that wasn’t your doings?”

Nick rolled his eyes, but beings it had been nothing but cold, with winter clothes weather, he could see where it would be easy to hide something. He just hated people looking at him accusingly, like they all were at that moment.

“I was attacked by a dog,” Nick cried out, “Dude, big nasty mean dog. End o story. I’m not exactly proud of it, man.”

The rest of the trip was quiet. The whole hour and a half that was left of it anyways. As soon as the bus came to a half at the hotel though, Nick was the first off.

“Thank GOD,” he breathed, then turned to everyone else, “Since it is still early, could I please go somewhere?”

Kevin let out an exasperated sigh. He knew that since he was the oldest, Nick was really waiting for his approval. Nick had been getting on his nerves all day and it was obvious that he was still high strung on energy.

“Yes, just go. Be back by eight...that gives you two hours.” Kevin told him, knowing fully well that it would be at least three before the blonde would return, ‘And be careful.”

“Thanks!” Nick exclaimed, and he was off in search of a cab. He was going insane with boredom and knew he had some business to take care of and it had to be done that night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
He sighed as he slumped down in to the sofa chair, leaning his head back in exhaustion. It had been a long day. He needed something to relax him...take away the pain for a temporary short time. Tonight wasn’t a good night though. His roommate was asleep just feet from him. It would be too close. Too much of a risk. If his roommate awakened, he would be caught red handed, literally. He would be sent off to some unknown place to get help...rehab for his habit, which it’s only intent was to help him out. Nobody would understand him or try to. They’d deem him crazy and treat him like some sort of freak. No, he definitely didn’t want to risk anything. So his body trembled, shivers running up and down his arms with the undying urge to cut some more. He tried to shake it away, however it wasn’t working. The urge just got worse. He hoped that he could go the night without giving in, but at this rate, he was beginning to think that he wouldn’t be able to and would have to sneak off to somewhere hidden to take away the pain that he felt doing nothing about it period.

Today had been close, and he had to give props to Nick for taking any suspicion that had possibly been on him away. He could see the way his friend had looked at Nick, and he’d tried to do the same. A look of doubt. A look that said that they didn’t believe him. I mean, who would have thought that being attacked by a bit bull would produce what would leave nasty scars on the exact same spots as his own self produced ones? He hated that everyone was now thinking that Nick was possibly cutting. But now he felt he was safe for the time being and nobody would suspect anything...if he was careful, that was. Now he had to be more careful than ever, and hoped that deep down nobody would turn Nick in for something he wasn’t doing. Apparently the others had all asked him the same question because he’d seemed rather annoyed and like he’d explained many other times when he himself had brought it up. Then again, they were all like family, so each of the others probably had asked him the same question. All that mattered was that everyone would probably be keeping a close eye on Nick for awhile to make sure nothing else appeared on his body. As for himself, he felt he was in the clear as long as he chose his moments carefully.

Closing his eyes, he tried to drown out the pang that was taking over him. His breathing started to come out slightly heavy, his heart pounding in his chest. He itched to cut himself with something...anything. He’d thought about breaking a window to use a shard of glass, but it would be too messy...not what it would do to himself, but with glass being everywhere. He really didn’t care what he did to himself. He had nothing anymore. He honest to god felt as if he had nothing...not even a girlfriend or wife to fall back on, to tell him everything would be okay in his crazy, fucked up life. But there was nothing, and the cuts were becoming deeper, bigger, more serious. And oddly, the deeper they were, the more relieved he felt. The less they hurt. The more control he felt he had. But the scars were becoming quite visible. He knew he’d have to make a decision fast about leaving the group, because he knew that it wouldn’t be long before everybody started to see and notice them...fans and all. He knew deep down that this would be his last tour, even though it was hard for himself to admit it to himself too. He just needed to wait until the perfect moment to bring it up to the guys. It would definitely not be easy, and he knew that they’d be irate with him, but in the end it was the right thing to do and they’d be fine without him after some adjustments.

Getting up, he walked over to his bed. He needed to try to fall asleep before he did something right then and there. If anybody woke up or came to the door, he’d be in trouble. He’d hid it for this long. He wanted to hide his habit for longer.

They were now in Massachusetts, he believed. He hadn’t payed much attention. Just sat in the bus, trying to preoccupy himself so he didn’t do anything to himself. They had a show the next night in Boston as well as a signing in the morning. He needed his rest so he could fake a certain energy during it all. He needed to pretend to be his happy old self, as if nothing could bother him. That was getting harder too, but in his line of business, it was something that absolutely had to be done, but only for another few weeks, and then he would be free.