- Text Size +
A/N: This is one of the best songs Dashboard Confessional has ever made.I swear.I'm not the biggest fan and I've only heard one otherv song from them but these lyrics,the music,it's awsome.The song is from the Spidey 2 soundtrack which also features an awsome song from Train hehe.Nothing to do with the story but little promo can't hurt any.

~Chapter One~

~Hope dangles from a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of which has caught my eye~


Gray rain spilled from the darkened sky.The strong smell of moisture lingered heavily in the thick air.Lightning danced across the night sky as the wind whipped the palm trees violently around.Dark waters slammed furiously agasinst the black rocks as hardened rain wrinkled the mirrored reflection of the moon that glittered ruggedly into the ocean.

"Howerd,my friend...what troubles you? a soft feminine voice with a French accent asked gently.Howard Dorough leaned over the large oak desk as blank lined papers ly scattered around carelessly.Balled papers that had not quite gotte into their destination ly littered around the small tin trashcan next to the desk.

"Nothing Cheri." he replied.Sighing,her fingers squeezed his tense shoulders and begin to massage them lavishly.Bending over her light brown hair fell loosely in his face brushing against his cheek.Her hot breath mingled on his tender skin which caused it to flush lightly.

"Your tense luv."

"It's just these lyrics.I-I-I can't find a tune or something.Their perfect but-"

"Howerd please!" she graoned in apparant frustration.Squeezing his slandered muscle,he flinched hissing under his breath as she smiled gently.

"I'm serious!" he shrieked rubbing his injured shoulder.Her brown eyes glittered in a new playful mood.He faked a quick smile in an automatic fashion.

"How bout dinner tonight?" he asked changing the conversation and then the mood.Cheri straightened her pose and begin to play with the back of his chair.

"I'm sorry Howerd.I already promised Richy." she said with a glint of sadness.

His heart sank and he sucked in a silent breath.Biting down on his lip,he held back tears of angry frustration.'Richy Richy Richy.It all about him!' he thought bitterly,'He obviously was a phase that she passed through.Some best friend she was!'

"Howerd I'm sorray okay but-"

"It's okay Cheri." he replied curtly.Sighing softly under her breath,she looked up at the office clock.

"Gotta go.Don't want to be late." Cheri said with obvious hesitation.When there was no goodbye exchange or comment from him,Cheri Penacruz turned silently and walked from the small home office.As soon as she shut the door,he scolwed in despise.

"Stupid boyfriend Richy." he hissed under his breath.Slamming the pencil down,he put his head down against the dishieveled desk as his hands clenched in and out with hatred,anger and pain.