- Text Size +
Chapter 37


“I just wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.” Amber smiled.

“You already have, just by being here and listing to be babble.” Amber laughed and so did Caitlin. The door opened and behind it stood none other then Brian and Nick with grins on their faces.

“What?” Caitlin asked. Brian and Nick just looked at each other and laughed.

“What?” Amber repeated Caitlin.

“Nothing. And they said we were to ones who needed to spend some…”

“Alone time?” Nick finished for Brian and they both laughed.

“You guys are to much, you know that?” Amber said as she and Caitlin walked out the bedroom door and down the stairs.

“Yeah, yeah. But that’s why you love us.”

“Oh please Nickelodeon, get over yourself.” Amber laughed ruffled his hair.

“Amby your gonna get it one day for calling me that you know that right?”

“Yeah right! You and Howie tried to get me and Caitlin and failed.” Amber and Caitlin laughed and so did Brian.

“Bri! Your suppose to be on my side here!” Nick whined.

“I am. It’s just they did get you and Howie pretty good today. The look on you faces was priceless.” They all laughed.

~*~1 Day later~*~

A.j moped around his house in his boxers missing Krista. He had just seen her off.

“God McLean, Your acting like a girl.” He said to himself and then chuckled at the thought. A.j settled down on his couch and turned on the T.V and flipped through a couple of channels. A.j heard his door unlock but didn’t pay to much attention to it, it was other one, his mom and two, Amber.

“Hey.” Came a soft voice and A.j turned to see Amber.

“Hey.” Amber walked over and sat next to him on the couch.

“What brings you here baby girl?” Amber wanted to melt as he spoke to her.

“Nothing just came by to see what’s up and tell you I’m sorry for the way I acted at the party.” She rushed out. The truth was Amber was nervous about coming here in the first place.

“Amber, I understand if you don’t want to tell me what’s wrong but I can’t understand why? We’re best friends remember? We tell each other every thing.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Well then what’s wrong?” A.j asked and turned off the T.V and give his full attention to Amber, who seemed troubled.

“God, I must have the worst possible timing in the world.” A tear rolled down Amber’s cheek and A.j wiped it away.

“Worst timing? Worst timing for what?”

“Alex I don’t know how to tell you this.”

“Amber what’s wrong? Why are you shaking?” A.j was worried now. He took Amber in his arms and just held her.

“I love you.” She mumbled into his shirt and pulled back to look in eyes.

“What did you say baby girl, I couldn’t hear you.”

“Then maybe it wasn’t meant to be heard.” Amber went to get up but A.j stopped her.

“No whatever it was, was meant to be heard now tell me Amby.” A.j said softy caressing her hand.

“Promise you won’t hate me when I tell you?” Amber asked and A.j looked at her shocked she would think that.

“Amber I could never hate you, even when we were fighting. I wanted to hate you so bad but I could hate the person I loved.”

“Here.” Amber handed A.j the same little white bear he had given her that day he told her he loved her. A.j looked at her with a puzzled look on his face, he didn’t understand what she was trying to say. “That’s what I said.” Amber pointed to the words the bear had printed on the heart. Just as before they read the words, I love you. A.j looked from the bear to Amber in disbelief.

“You love me?” A.j asked.

“I knew you would hate me.”

“I don’t hate you it’s just…” A.j couldn’t find the words to say. He always in the back of his mind pictured what him and Amber could have been together, could be together. But after that day in her kitchen those dreams where shattered. “Amber I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything.” Amber bit her bottom lip.

“But…” Amber cut A.j off by kissing him. Amber couldn’t believe she was doing this, it was wrong, forbidden but she needed this, she needed him. Amber was shocked when A.j returned the kiss. Amber placed her hands on the back on A.j’s neck to deepen the kiss and A.j wrapped his arms tightly around Amber as if she would disappear any minute. A.j parted Amber’s lips with his tongue. Their tongues danced together in perfect harmony. Amber moaned in his mouth, she was losing herself in this man before her and it seemed as though he was doing the same.

“Amber?” A.j said still kissing Amber. “We shouldn’t be doing this.”

“Then stop.” Amber answered but they just continued to kiss. “No one’s stopping you.”

“I know we should stop but I can’t. I want you Amby.” A.j moaned out. Amber pulled away and looked at A.j. “What?” He asked.

“Are you sure your not just saying that in the heat of the moment J? We’re playing with fire ya know?” A.j sighed; he had to really think about this. He cared for Krista; he cared for her a lot, he still does care about her. But something about this seems right…but it also feels wrong. “I thought so.” Amber got up and opened the front door. She turned to take one last look at A.j. “I want you to be happy Alex and if it’s with her so be it. I won’t stand in your way because…I love you. Make her happy.” And with that Amber walked out and closed the door leaving A.j there to think about what she had just said. A.j was shocked at Amber’s feelings for him, he thought there was not chance in hell she would ever love him more then a friend but he was wrong, very wrong. But who is Amber to mess around with people’s feelings? He had told her he loved her a long time ago and she made her choice and that was Brian. A.j didn’t want to go down that road again, loving her had broken him. He was with Krista and he was happy and in love.