- Text Size +
Chapter 39

“Krista.” A.j whispered softly. His heart hung even lower then before, he felt emotions that where so second nature to him: pain, love, lost and these feelings lead to nothing more but heartache. He didn’t need any more drama in his life. Everyone deserves happiness, all but A.j it seemed. Just when he was getting his life back on track this happens, but deep inside he wanted it to happen. He wanted Amber to feel the emptiness he felt. He wanted to hate her even thought he said he never could and that was the honest to god truth, he couldn’t hate her. Deep down a part of him wanted to hold her in his arms and never let her go…but the other half was in love with a woman, another woman he had known most of his life, a woman he could love and have it returned without question.

~*~Flashback~*~

“How do you think she’ll react once she finds out?”

“Who?”

“Amber. Alex to you Amber may just be a friend now but what if she changed her mind? Then what?”

“Krista it doesn’t matter. I told her how I felt about her and she made it perfectly clear she didn’t feel the same.”

“But what if she does? She could of just been confused with all the emotions thrown at her all at once and so fast.” Krista asked and A.j looked her straight in the eyes.

“What are you trying to say? You don’t want to be with me and that I should lust over a person I can’t have?”

“No Alex. That’s not what I meant at all.”

“Then what did you mean?” he asked and wrapped his arms around her.

“I just don’t want to end up with a broken heart.” Krista finished in a whisper.

“Krista the last thing you will end up with is a broken heart. I’ll never hurt you.”

“Promise?” She asked and looked at him. A.j smiled, kissed her on the lips.”

“Promise.” He answered.

~*~End of flashback~*~

A.j sighed and put his head in his hands. He made a promise to Krista and he’d be damned if his going to break it. But then why did he second-guess his feelings?


~*~Meanwhile~*~

Amber walked out her bathroom from a nice hot bubble bath. She decided to call up a travel agent to help her make plans for her getaway. She had told Brian she was going to visit family, she knew he would tell A.j and he would know right where to find her so she decided to go to Hawaii. Some place not to far away but not to close, a place where no one knew her. Amber needed some alone time to figure out what the hell she was going to do with the rest of her life. With her becoming one of most talked about writers she decide to write an autobiography. Maybe through her writings could she finally express these new emotions and make sense of them. She had always wanted to spend more time on her writing and what better way to do it then getting out this hectic life she lives in and go to the relaxing beaches of Hawaii.
The decision was finale, she was going to Hawaii and that was it! Amber dialed up the travel agent to make the arrangements.

“Hello, Florida Airways.” A young mans voice greeted. (AN: I don’t know it that’s even a place in FL…lol)

“Hi, I would like to purchase a plane ticket.”

“Destination?”

“Hawaii.”

“Name.”

“Amber Lynn Cortez.” (AN: Do I really have to tell you it’s a fake one?)

“When would you like to leave Miss Cortez?”

“As soon as possible” Amber stayed on the phone with the young man to confirm all her information. As she placed the phone back down on it’s cradle she felt relived. For once she was doing something for her. Amber smiled to herself, she was going to be happy for once and just leave her problems behind even if it was for a little while. Amber’s phone rang and she reached to pick it up, almost already knowing who was on the other line.

“Hello?” Amber asked.

“Hey Am, how’s it going?” Caitlin asked with deep concern for her friend.

“I’m doing much better Cate.” Amber giggled; she could just imagine the look on Caitlin’s face right about now.

“Not trying to spoil your fun but can I ask what put you in such a good mood?” Caitlin smiled.

“I just decide to take a break from my life and find myself. Do what makes me happy for a change.”

“More power to ya girl!” Caitlin and Amber laughed. ”You won’t mind me asking how Brian took the this do you?”

“Not at all. He took it better than I thought he would.”

“You mean you broke up with him?”

“I had to, if I wanted to get where I want to get in my life, he understands.”