- Text Size +
Story:

Tesia Lenore McLean sat alone in the schoolyard, as she had no friends whatsoever to play with; no siblings there with her to annoy the hell out of. She watched miserably as her fellow classmates and all the other school children ran about screaming and laughing as they played games that children like to play. She had been left out – as always – none of the other children liking her at all – though she wasn’t mean or a bully of any sort. She was actually the victim of many bullies, though no adult chose to believe that as she had a tendency to act up quite often.

As she watched all the children play, she saw some of the younger ones run to the end of the schoolyard, only to be picked up and twirled about by older brothers who had stopped by for a quick visit during lunch break. She could feel her heart ache as she watched them hug, play and laugh together – thus, making her wonder just what her brother was doing right at that very moment. The brother she loved more than anybody, and wanted to go and live with in California so she wouldn’t feel so damn left out. The brother she missed ever so much – the one who always took care of her and scared away the evil Boogie Man, if she got scared after going to bed at night. The only brother she wanted – and they only brother she had.

While eyeing the children with their brother jealously, a few of her fellow classmates came up to corner her then. She eyed them momentarily, then went back to watching the big brothers play with their younger siblings. She hoped her classmates wouldn’t bug her right then, as she was feeling lost and lonely – like always.

“Hey! Freak!” One girl called out to her. The girl got angry when Tesia didn’t answer. “I SAID, Hey Freak!”

“I’m not a freak,” Tesia answered, not looking at them.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!”

She sighed heavily, and looked to the girl and the girl’s friends. “What?”

“Just thought you should know, my brother is coming to get me after school today!” The girl bragged. “Then he’s taking me out for ice cream!”

“That’s nice,” she shrugged, then looked back to the people playing by the gate.

“Yes, it is,” the girl replied. “I’ve a brother here – literally – who’ll take me places and play games with me. Unlike you – you don’t have one.”

“I have one,” she said flatly. “You just don’t believe me.”

“Well, of course not!” The girl stated. “Why would you be related to A.J. McLean? I mean, c’mon now. A.J. has class – you don’t!”

She rolled her eyes, and shrugged indifferently. “Don’t got class, but I got A.J.”

“You do not!” The girl shrieked. “No way would a Backstreet Boy have a bitch of a sister like you! And A.J.’s way older than you anyway! And he’s an only child! Everybody knows that! What are you, stupid?”

“No. But you are.”

“Why, I never! Just wait until I tell my brother! He’ll beat you up!”

“Yeah. And mine will beat yours up.”

“Ha! No he won’t! ‘Cause you don’t have one!”

“I do so!” She snapped slightly. “His name is A.J. McLean, and he is a Backstreet Boy!”

“Maybe in your dreams!” The girl retorted. “But that’s it!”

“Whatever,” She riposted, trying to keep her cool. She hated the fact that

no one would believe that A.J. was indeed her older brother. So what if there was a fifteen-year age difference? He was still her brother!

“Hmph!” The girl huffed, then stalked off – her friends following quickly behind her.

Tesia shook her head, as she gave an annoyed roll of her eyes. She gave up. She really did. None of these bozos were going to believe her, so she might as well just face it now. She stood up finally, only to hear the girl who had been bugging her shriek. She looked to see why, and felt extremely jealous and like crying, when she saw that the girl’s brother had just arrived to surprise her.

“Wish J would come an’ surprise me,” she thought bitterly. “I never get to see him now!”

Tesia watched the girl turn and smirk at her, as she hugged her brother. She grit her teeth together, still trying ever so hard not to get mad and beat the crap out of the snobby little bitch. But, when the girl purposely kissed her brother after making sure that that she was still watching, she lost it. Completely.

Tesia strode over to where the girl stood with her brother, and growled, “Bitch!”

“Jeremy! She called me a bitch!” The girl whined to her brother.

Her brother just rolled his eyes, and watched as the two girls glared at one another. His sister not looking as pissed off as the other girl.

“And you called me one before!” Tesia replied flatly.

“Well, you are! Miss-I-Have-An-Imaginary-Brother-Whose-Supposedly-A-Backstreet-Boy!”

That was it! Tesia hauled off and punched the girl square in the nose. “SHUT-UP!” She screamed. “HE’S NOT IMAGINARY! HE’S NOT! HE’S MY BROTHER AND I LOVE HIM!”

“But does he love you?” The girl managed to smirk, as blood dripped from her nose, and tears fell from her eyes.

Tesia hauled off and decked the girl again, once more punching her nose. She then turned and stalked off, as the girl stood there screaming and crying for a teacher.

“TESIA!” The teacher yelled. “GET BACK HERE! NOW!” Tesia picked up her pace, and hightailed it out of there fast as she could. But, it wasn’t fast enough – as she ran right into another teacher that was on yard duty for the lunch hour recess.


A.N.: Okay, yes, I know this story says AJ's in it, but I had to say one of the Boys was in it, in order to put it up. And he was mentioned! There may be more stories for this, should I decide to write & post them.