- Text Size +
Chapter 6

"Come on, we're going to have so much fun. Just trust me," Nick pleaded with Erika, the love of his life.

"Nick I don't know if that's a good idea. What about Tyler? We can't leave him here alone," she responded.

"I know and that's why Brian is going to be here any minute to look after him for us. When I told him that I wanted to spend one night alone with you, he didn't mind watching after Tyler at all," Nick answered with a grin on his face.

"I don't have anything to wear," she told him.

"Don't worry. It's just going to be me and you and I think you look beautiful in what you're wearing right now," he assured her.

"Nick this is what I wear around the house," she told him refering to her t-shirt and sweat pants. Nick looked at her and smiled.

"I know and I love it," he answered.

"You're crazy you know that right Nick?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm crazy about you so, yeah I do know," he answered with a smile on his face.

"When's Brian going to be here?" she asked just as the door bell rang. Nick grinned and looked at her.

"That's probably him right now," he answered and she shook her head, that Nick she thought. Nick walked down the stairs and through the livingroom and to the front door. He opened it and Brian was standing on the other side.

"So did she go for it? Do you still need me?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, come on in," Nick answered.

"So where's Tyler?"

"In his room."

"Cool."

"I'm going to go get Erika and we're going to be on our way so I'll see you later," Nick told him.

"Anything I need to know? Like where to find you just incase," Brian asked.

"I'll have my cell on me so if you need to, only if it's a real emergency, call me," Nick answered, "but I don't think anything like that is going to happen."

"Neither do I, but it doesn't hurt to know just incase. I want to be able to reach you if I need to. Which like you said, I don't think that I'm going to need to."

"Yeah ok," Nick said as he ran to the stairs to go get Erika. Brian smiled to himself, he was happy that Nick found the woman that he loved. Things were rough for a while. When Erika found out that she was pregnant with Tyler, Nick went through a lot emotionally. He wasn't sure what to do. He loved Erika and he knew that he would love the baby but he wasn't sure if he was ready to be a father. After a lot of long talks with the other guys, Nick finally had the courage to tell himself that everything was going to be alright.

"Hi Brian," Erika said as she walked down the stairs.

"Hey there," he answered and smiled, "aren't you a little under dressed for a night out with Nick?" She smiled and laughed.

"That's what I thought, but he said it didn't matter," she explained, "and there was no changing his mind about it."

"Let's go," Nick said as he ran down the stairs, "Bri, I told Ty that you're gonna be lookin after him so he knows you're here. He shouldn't be any trouble."

"Okay man," Brian answered, "have fun."

"Don't worry we will," Nick said as he walked out of the front door.

"Thanks Brian for watching Tyler," she said before she walked out of the front door. Brian smiled and walked up to Tylers room to see what he was up to.

"Nick I can't believe you talked me into this," Erika said as they were driving down the street. Nick smiled to himself and glanced quickly over at her.

"Well, you always said I had a way with words. Guess that hasn't changed," he replied.

"No, and I wouldn't want it to. I always have so much fun when me and you go out," she told him, "I mean when was the last time that me and you did really go out like this?"

"Not since before Tyler," he answered, "but at least Brian didn't mind looking after him for us tonight. Now I can have you all to myself."

"Sounds like fun," she said with a grin on her face.

"You know it baby," he answered her.

"So where exactly are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see when we get there."

"Oh come on Nick, tell me," she begged.

"No, you're just going to have to wait and see. It's a surprise," he explained.

"A surprise huh?"

"Um-hum, so that means you're just going to have to wait until we get there for you to know," he answered.

"Can I at least have a hint?"

"Nope."

"Please?"

"No."

"You can be so cruel sometimes you know that Nick?" she asked.

"No, I'm not cruel, I just want you to be surprised when we get there. I want to see the look on your face. Is that such a bad thing?" he asked.

"Not really. I mean unless you're just taking me to some cheap motel. At least that would explain why you told me not to change."

"Damn baby, you figured it out," Nick answered.

"Nickolas, you had better be joking with me," she said seriously.

"Yeah I am," Nick answered with a slight laugh, "I just couldn't pass up such a golden oppertunity to freak you out."

"You're lucky I love you so much," she replied.

"Luckiest man on the planet," he answered with a grin on his face.

"Nick, that car's moving kind of fast isn't it?" Erika asked taking notice of the car that was speeding towards them.

"Yeah but he's on the other side of the road. I don't think that he's going to bother us," Nick replied looking at the car.

"Are you sure?" she asked getting a little nervious.

"Oh shit," Nick said.

"Nick what? Please don't joke around like that because this isn't funny," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Hang on, I'm going to have to pull the car off of the road, this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing," Nick answered seriously.

"Oh my god, Nick becareful," she pleaded. Nick started to turn the car to pull off of the road so that the guy could pass without hurting them. Just as Nick was turning off of the road, the car slammed into the side of his car and sent them rolling over the side. The next thing Nick knew, everything had gone black.

When Nick finally opened his eyes, he didn't know how much time had passed. All he knew was that his head was pounding. He lifted his hand to his head and felt something warm on the side of his face. He moved his hand down so that he could see it. It was covered with blood. That's when Nick remembered where he was and what happened.

"Erika," Nick said shaking her arm but she didn't move, "Erika, come on wake up please. Please wake up." He looked at her. She was badly brused up and Nick knew that he had to get her to the hospital but there was no way that he was going to be able to do it himself. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone and dialed 911.

"Hello, what's your emergency?"

"We were just in a bad car accident," Nick spat out.

"How long ago sir?"

"I don't know. I was knocked out after our call feel into a ditch. We need an ambulance. My girlfriend has been hurt really bad," Nick said to her.

"We'll try to get an ambulance out there as fast as we can," she answered.

"Hurry please, we're both hurt really bad," he pleaded.

"We'll try sir," she answered.