- Text Size +
Kevin shrugged his broad shoulders, taking back his former seat. He sighed deeply and Madison saw the tears that welled up inside those cold eyes. As if sensing her sudden knowledge, the tears sunk back in and evaporated back into hollowness.

Madison crossed her arms over the table, letting them cradle her head as she closed her eyes against all of her emotions. She was only slightly aware of a door opening and then closing, of two pebbles of sound followed by a clunk.

"Okay. Where were we?" Don asked, walking back to his seat. Madison rolled her eyes beneath her eyelids, raising her head to take her pain relievers. Don watched with humor as she inspected each pill before putting them in her mouth. "It's not Anthrax."

"Yeah, well...you never know with you people. Whoever the hell 'you people' are." She muttered, taking another swallow of her water.

"Hmm, yes. Because we would poison you when we need you." Don pretended to ponder this, grinning with the color that rushed to Madison's cheeks.

"Let's cut the shit." Kevin sliced through the chitchat, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed. Don pulled his chair in more, once again folding his hands on top of the table. His face became hard; eyes narrowed, eyebrows knitted together, jaw locked, lips in a thin white line.

"We're an 'underground' bureau of the government who go by Code 20-32A in government documents. We just call ourselves Code 20. What we deal in, in layman terms, is other worlds outside of our own," He paused at this for added affect to the two gasps across the room. "What you know of as 'Black Holes' are the doorways to these other worlds. No one inhabits our planets--Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and onwards, and these other worlds very well know how careful we are of not letting our Earthens know about them. The whole idea has been so over dramatized in the media and 'Alien abductions' that people are scared of these 'aliens', not to mention that people are naturally afraid of what they do not know. Sure, once in a while we get one of these jackasses from Nutaz or Lokry out here, taking a few people and scaring the shit out of them. But some of our Earthens have been murdered as well and we need to stop them from coming in, not only for our peoples state of minds, but to protect them as well. We've planned to slowly let our people realize these people, or that their have been people out there. A few scribbles on a rock in Mars, maybe a few pots and pans on the Moon. We don't want to rush them into anything, so while we are slowly letting this huge bit of information come into their minds, we have to protect them. Hence, Code 20.
...I'm not going any further into that department. I wont answer questions about how long we've known, what we've done, if Area 51 was anything all that real. It's off the point and it's top secret information that you don't need to know. Now, this is the reason why you're here." He sighed, digging his nails into the outside of his hands.
"About a month ago, Earth was approached with an offer from the Seven of Nadloh. These are seven planets in the Nadloh Dimension which have all suffered great losses. Much like our own. All seven of these planets had seen their devastations a few weeks before they actually happened. All seven then send two people from each planet to the Juk Dimension for safe keeping. They contacted us and said they saw much the same destruction on a part of Earth, America Earth. We thought they were out of their minds and we let their message go without even a response. About an hour ago, we finally sent back to response, but whether or not they received it is still up in the air.
"We don't know all the details. As much as we might not want to send two Earthens in with as little back detail as we have, we have no option. All we do know is that there is something out there that can literally turn back time to a point where we have time to stop whatever country or countries attacked us. To save every American life. You'll learn more about this when you get there, I'm sure. I have contracts for you to sign and then I'll show you to your sleeping quarters. You'll be leaving tomorrow."