- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Ali sat with Kevin talking with him.

"OOOOhhhhh I hate Brian and Grace. I wish Grace wasn't my sister let alone twin."

Kevin felt sad but didn't say anything. He wished that they just all could get along.

He watched as Ali picked up a brush then handed it to him. She sat with her back to him as he began to brush her hair. They sat and talked.

A few minutes later they heard footsteps on the stairs and looked up to see Brian and Grace coming down.

"Goodnight Kevin, thank you for brushing my hair." Alicia gave him a kiss on the cheek the started to her room.

Brian reached for her arm but she moved it out of his reach. Brian was determined to talk to her. He reached out for her arm again and grabbed it. Her eyes lit with fire and before anyone could do anything her fist flew and she hit Brian square in the face.

Kevin's jaw dropped open and he knew that would give his cousin a black eye.

Alicia turned and fled to her room as Grace rushed over to help Brian. She looked at her brother with large sad eyes. Kevin went to them seeing if he could help. They led Brian to the kitchen and Kevin explained the story to Kristen who went to check on Alicia.

She knocked on the door then went in. Kristen felt her heart break when she saw Ali lying on the bed crying. She was holding her hand.

Alicia looked up. "Get out of my room! "

Kristen knew Alicia didn't care for her. She overheard Alicia tell Kevin that she and Grace always left her out. Kristen knew it was true but it wasn't on purpose. She and Kevin talked about it but they knew Ali was too hurt to forgive yet.

"Ali please talk to me. Are you ok?"

Alicia kept her back to her.

"DON"T EVER CALL ME ALI!" she said in a hard cold voice.

Kristen sighed and left. Ali lay down and cried her self to sleep.

~!@#$%^&*

The next day Nick and A.J. sat talking with Kevin and Kristen in the kitchen when Alicia walked in.

"Good morning Kevin," She said as she sat down.

"Mornin' darlin' " He said watching her carefully.

Kristen had said she was crying and when he went to check on her she was fast asleep.

Nick smiled to himself as he watched her. She was wearing a pink teddy that made her look even more beautiful if possible. Sleep filled her soft eyes.

He looked down at her delicate hands as she reached for milk and gasped when he saw it. Her left hand was badly bruised. He was about to ask what happened when Brian walked in. He noticed right away his black eye and then understood what had happened.

"Oh Ali, honey. Your hand" Kristen cried.

Alicia just shrugged her slender shoulders. Brian sat next to Alicia who in turn got up and moved away. Nick jumped up and followed her upstairs.

He got a washcloth and wet it with cold water then went into her room and without saying anything took her hand and gently wrapped in and held it in his larger hands.

"What do you want? "Ali asked Nick in an annoyed voice.

"Calm down Alicia, I just want to help you. Does it hurt a lot."

She shrugged once more. She didn't care anymore. She hated it here and the only thing that was keeping her here in the first place was her brother. She hated her sister, she hated her cousin, she hated her brothers' wife and now she hated Nick.

Who was he to butt into her business anyway. Didn't he see that she didn't like him. Alicia stopped in mid thought. Maybe the problem was that she DID like him.

Alicia watched Nick out of the corner of her eye. He wasn't looking at her but down at her hand. With his messy blond hair, sparkling blue eyes and bright smile, Nick would be considered handsome to many girls. His cocky attitude just made him cuter and irresistible. When he looked up she looked away.

Nick had noticed her looking at him. He smiled to himself. This is going to be easy he thought. Sooner than later, Alicia will be my girlfriend.