- Text Size +
A/N: Credits go to Alicia Keys' song "Diary".

~One
~Lay down your head on my pillow
Here you can be yourself
No one has to know what you are feeling
No one but me and you~

"Sit down baby." Kevin said softly.The picture fluttered from his hands to the carpeted floor.Kristen shook her head silently but with a firm stance.

Sighing Kevin sat down by himslef on the bed.His arms rested on his legs and his hands hung off his knees.His eyes were sad and downcast.

"Name." Kristen said simply.Kevin could swear she was about to cry.That was new.His wife never cried.She was strong willed and stubborn.He knew if he even pinched her anywhere he'd be walking all over Los Angelos to pick up his body parts.

"Mary Jane Lisa Anderson." he replied looking up a her slowly.Kris leaned against the far corner and wall with her arms around herself.Looking up sharply she seemed as if she were glaring at him.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"No."

"Then who the hell is that because by God I will kick your ass to the curb if I see this chick up here once." Kris snapped.

"Kris for heaven sakes it's just a photograph."

"Does it look like I care Kevin?You know you'd be all over me if I had some pretty eyed-boy under my pillow.Now wouldn't you?!"

"It's not how it seems."

"Then talk." she growled running a hand through her short straight hair.Her face was flushed as she slid down the wall with a small sigh.

"Mary Jane was the girl Jerald dated back in highschool.She was one of the most popular girls in the school.She was a cheerleader and she looked like a Barbie."

"Barbie?" Kristen laughed harshly shaking her head.

"She was in drugs and alcohol.She wanted to ba a rockstar so she left Kentucky and went to Vegas."

"Didn't you try and stop her?" Kris asked pulling her knees up to her chest.

"We kissed in the parking lot of school and then she drove away from school heading straight to Vegas I guess.Never saw her again."

"Did you love her?" she asked innocently.

"Kris," he growled sighing,"Why ask that?" She was up faster than he could blink.

"I just found a picture of a girl under my husband's pillow!How the hell am I supposed to act!"

"Fine." he said running his hand through his long dark hair.

"You gonna tell Jerald?"

"No."

"Mom?"

"No."

"Dad?"

"No Kevin." Kris said firmly.Sitting on the bed next to him, she sighed in frustration.

"Then it'll be our little secret right?"

"Right."

"I loved her." he said softly starring at the floor.

"And you never stopped." Kristen said walking quickly from the room.Dropping his head in his hands Kevin growled in frustration.