- Text Size +
A/N: I just wanted to dedicated this to Canyouhearmenow. The greatest Vampella ever...It's a Tainted world ain't it? hehe Chapter 1

Oh how I wish I could see you Baby your so far away Sometimes I think I feel you What I wouldn't give for a yesterday

Howie paced back and forth around his hotel room awaiting a call from his wife, Jamie. They had left a week today to record their last album in Germany but to him it seemed as though it had been months. Oh how he missed her and the boys. Howie stopped pacing long enough to pull their pictures out of his discarded wallet and smiled sadly. Newborns, they had been blessed with twin newborns and both where proud parents. He sighed again falling to the bed missing that arms of his wife whispering words of contentment in his ear. Missing the feeling of his two boys resting soundly in his arms which now felt tired and sore. For years he'd lived his life looking for love and was fine with waiting for it but everything changed when he found her, his better half as he called her. Howie smiled thinking of the last time he saw her and remembered it as if it happened yesterday. "I love you so much..." He confessed to the warmed over air as the light sound of passing cars could be heard below. He turned to the phone willing it to ring and flow from it his reasons for being kept in sanity.

Seems just this morning I woke up to your face Now I wake up alone feeling out of place When I hear your voice at night It makes me wish I was home The closes I can be is on telephone

As if an unanswered pray came down to him the phone rang all but twice before he grabbed at it, smiling at the first sounds of the babies cooing in his ear. Tears fell from his eyes listing at the two. Howie felt as if his heart was falling in love all over again he listed on feeling he was missing so much time with them by being away. Every night he'd set himself up for this pain but it was never enough to make him stop, never enough to tell her not to call for he found himself living for their sound. Bringing one of the blankets he'd bought them up to his nose he inhaled their sent making him feel a little closer then reality would allow but yet it wasn't enough, it wasn't going to take the place of being with them in flesh.

"How ya doin? Do you miss me?" Are the first things I say You laugh your laugh in a calming sort of way Oh how I wanna kiss your lips and feel you upon me The sensations of you how I long to be

"....yes, we miss you daddy." Jamie's voice came quite and tired. "We miss and love you a lot and can't wait for you to come home to us, isn't that right boys?" Howie could hear the light sound of a baby cooing and smiled. "How are you holding up?" Jamie asked after a while, feeling as lonely as her husband, Howie sighed.

"I could be better you know...being home with you...with my family." Rubbing his red eyes he laid back onto his bed and continued to take to his wife as she told him the new adventure she'd had today with the boys. Howie laughed a few times but felt so far away. "I feel as though I'm missing so much of their life right now and that I should be there for it." He confided to her and she listened without judgment. "There's nothing more then I want to be there with you right now, holding our boys and being normal." He wiped away another tear that dared to fall. "I need to be normal, I can't wait for it Jamie you no ideal."

"I know love, don't worry yourself to much. This is your last album with the guys and after that we will be normal and so will our boys." Howie nodded, one thing he promised himself long ago was when he had kids he didn't want them growing up in the spotlight with hungry sharks ready to attack their every move, he wanted them to be free. "Your not missing much." She laughed.

"What if they start walking while I'm gone?" Jamie found herself laughing a little harder at his question.

"Dear, their barely a month old...I don't think you have to worry about them walking anytime soon."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." She yawned and so did he. "Their asleep daddy." Howie smiled thinking of how peaceful they must look. "I know you must be tired hon, why doesn't daddy catch a bit of shut eye and we'll call you tomorrow."

"Yeah, I guess your right." He pulled back the covers getting underneath.

"We love you."

"I love you'll to."

Oh how I wish I could see you Baby your so far away Sometimes I think I feel you What I wouldn't give for a yesterday