- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"So where you guys expecting the fans to act in this manner? What has been the hardest part of giving what you love up?" Katie from News Today asks.

"I think that I can speak for the rest of the guys when I say that enough is enough, we've lived our dream as far as we wanted to take it." Kevin smiled at the older lady. "As for our fans we're extremely happy that most of them have taken the news and supported us through our decision."

"Yes, and I for one hear that some fans are disappointed in your leaving as well as this being your last album...what words do you have for them?"

"It's not the we don't love what we do or that we've lost faith in the fans," Brian started, "but we all have families now, children to think of and it's not fair on our wives to have to raise them alone...we want to be there to watch them and give them a normal family."

"I really miss my wife and boys...and I want to be there with them..." Howie chipped in and Brian nodded.

"Same here," He laughed, "I can't wait to see Lee and Bails...and the new arrival to the family." Brian beamed.

"Grandpa Kev's becoming a dad so you know it's time." Nick Joked. "It's time to put The Backstreet Boys to rest and become men, not that we aren't men being BSB it's just hard finding time for the family."

"This way they will have us all the time...might get sick of us though." Kevin stated, making the group laugh.

"Nick, being the only one not married what are your plans for your future? Are you planing on going solo?"

"Well, nothing will ever be able to replace the memories I've built with these guys over the last couple of years but yes, I am thinking of doing a little something maybe later in next year...nothing is final yet."

"I see, but your taking time off right?"

"Oh yeah, after this good-bye tour I'm going to be taking a nice break from the spotlight." He laughed playing with her shirt.

"We're all getting to old to strip on stage." Alex smirked at the young girls in the audience. "Before you say it, yes, who would have thought that I'd settle down after the Sarah issue four years ago but I have! I stand here today sober, married and a pretty good father to kids who deserve to have all of me and not a ten minute phone call."

"Recording this album will be hard, with knowing it's the final project but AJ is right, they do."

"I understand...family is very important and is the number one of most people's list.." Katie smiled at the group. "So what kinds of songs can we look forward to hearing on your last LP? Many have wondered will you end with your pop songs, edgy like your last or end of a different note all together."

"I think it's safe to say a bit of all, going old school and new just to bring it all together."

"Ah I see and have you came up with a title?"

"As of now? No, we're still waiting for the name to come to us but I'm sure it will come in due time, before the tour we hope." Brian laughed. "It most likely will be titled after our first single, which we're going to sample for you today."

"Bittersweet Symphonies...very different then what we normal see in a title but interesting nonetheless...may I ask why that name?"

"How me feel leaving this world we've known for so long as pop stars and becoming some form of normal...we must give it up in order to raise a family so it's bittersweet and Symphonies symbolizes our music, which we hope will last way after the final BSB tour."

"And the tour ends in Florida...."

"Well, we started there...got to end there to." Kevin nodded sadly. "There will be times where we'll miss it but I'm sure as well as my brothers that we're doing the right thing."

"Indeed you are...that's all the time we have today folks...stay tuned for one the last times The Backstreet Boys will perform on...News Today..."

"That was weird..." Brian commented when they had all reached their break room. "It's weird talking about it...it makes it seem so real now."

"I know what you mean Rok, it seems so final." Alex offered a small laugh. "We never thought it would end...but it has...or just about." Kevin nodded as a stage hand came in to tell them of the time.

"Five minutes guys, lets get you ready to roll." The group got up and headed to the stage hearing their fans already going wild. Sadness filled the guys as they came to think of this being their last time on the show but dismissed it thinking of the tour. AJ was the first onstage and smiled at all the 'I Love You Alex' posters.

"I think they might have a thing for you bone." Nick laughed and made his way on stage along with the rest of the guys behind him.

"I think it's safe to say that I'm the favorite now Nicky boy." AJ made a joke.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

"All right you two," Kevin turned to the crowd, "I swear you can't take them anywhere." Flashing a smile they all took their respected places and waited for the first few bars to play.

If we could leave this world With one thing to remember it'd be... Time will change everyone Including you and me So just keep on moving towards the sun With you eyes on the sky This isn't see you later it's goodbye

Those bittersweet symphonies Will play loud.... When they sing their song From one to another your not wrong Cause those bittersweet symphonies Can break down Don't let them phase you Long as the worlds round

The fans sung along with them, never missing a beat. This made the guys more at ease on what they were doing and gave them the support that they had been looking for since the begging of the end and here it was...love from them and the complete feeling they received from the fans grew with every note of the song. THE END