- Text Size +

“Well, are you sure you’ve never had intercourse?” Dr. Emerson checked, just wanting to be absolutely sure.

Never,” Nickolina answered honestly – as she hadn’t ever had intercourse – except in her dreams.

“Never even dreamt it?” Dr. Emerson wanted to know.

Nickolina blushed then. “Well – I have dreamt about it,” she admitted softly. “But only twice! And you can’t get pregnant from a dream – can you?”

“Well – it seems, in your case – yes, you can,” Dr. Emerson told her. “That’s the only logical explanation as to why you’re both pregnant and a virgin.”

“But- But – there’s no way the man I dreamt about will help me take care of the baby!” Nickolina cried.

“And why is that?”

“He’s – He’s famous,” Nickolina replied sheepishly. “I had him plastered all over my walls. He’s my biggest crush ever.”

“Well, I suggest you find him then, and get a DNA test done to see if my theory is correct,” Dr. Emerson verified.

“But why should he believe me? I’m not so sure I believe me anymore.”

“There’s no harm in trying,” Dr. Emerson said, patting her shoulder gently. “Now, why don’t you go get yourself a bite to eat, then be on your way. Just tell me where this man lives, and I will place you on a bus.”

“Florida – I think,” Nickolina answered. “He’s married now and might’ve moved. Actually, they’re all married and have probably moved away from Florida.”

“Whose they?”

“Backstreet Boys,” Nickolina whispered.

“Well, it doesn’t hurt to try Florida first. And if that doesn’t work out, just give me a call, and I’ll somehow get money to you to try the next place you want to search,” Dr. Emerson informed her. He wanted to help this poor girl, and knew he could only do so much. “Now, let’s get you some food and a bus ticket to Florida.”

Nickolina nodded, and took the money he gave her. She gave him a warm, thankful smile as she left, and immediately headed for the bus terminal, knowing they sold food there as well as bus tickets.

Nickolina had a bit of a problem trying to get a bus ticket because of her clothes, but she had them call Dr. Emerson up and he confirmed her story of having to go to Florida because of an emergency. She now sat in her seat, staring out the window of the bus as it drove along the highway, on its way to Orlando, Florida.

“I miss Mama and Papa,” Nickolina thought sadly. Despite what they had done to her in the past two days, she still loved and missed them both dearly. She shifted slightly, as her backside still throbbed from having had been whipped and paddled all in less than twenty-four hours.

She stared out the window, until she fell asleep peacefully. She didn’t wake up again until they had arrived in Florida. As it was the end of the line and she desperately needed to use the facilities.

She followed everyone off the bus quietly, clutching her Teddy Bear to her chest as she trudged along, feeling insecure in such a crowded place all alone. She emerged from the bus terminal, after having had gone to the bathroom, and squinted as the bright Florida sun blinded her a moment. She blinked a few times, and once she was used to the bright sunlight, began to look for a phone booth, so she could find a phonebook. She just hoped the Backstreet Boys had their addresses listed – though she knew they probably wouldn’t.

Upon finding a phone booth, she searched the phonebook, not having any luck whatsoever. She sighed heavily and exited it, knowing she’d best find a place to sleep, as she was exhausted and wouldn’t be able to do very much until she was well rested. She wandered about the strange city for quite some time, until finding a cardboard box that had been abandoned and dragging it into a park. She placed the box under the climbing apparatus, pushing it under a slide so the wind wouldn’t bother her too much. Least, she hoped it wouldn’t. Once her box was in place, she crawled in and got settled for a nice long, very much needed nap.