- Text Size +

A few weeks later, Howie found Nickolina once more, to take her shopping, then to meet the guys. He had decided that it was time that the young girl came in off the street – especially since she was pregnant with a Backstreet Baby. He smiled as she climbed into his dark purple corvette, and buckled herself in.

“Ready to shop?” He asked her.

Nickolina nodded slightly. She was more nervous about meeting the other Boys, than she was to be seen shopping with Howie while wearing rags for clothes.

Howie smiled warmly at her, and drove off towards the nearest mall. He couldn’t explain why, but he was excited to be taking her shopping for some new, clean clothes.

Nickolina sang along to the radio softly, as they drove along to the mall – somewhere she hadn’t been in about a month. She felt nervous and excited all at the same time – the same way she felt about meeting the other Boys.

Once they’d reached the mall, Howie helped her out of the car and held her hand as they entered the overly crowded building. He was glad he’d had a couple security guards come along with him, though he’d made them promise to keep their distance unless there was a dire emergency.

Nickolina smiled up at Howie, seeing as she was shorter than him, standing at only 5’2”. She felt happy right them – something she hadn’t felt since she’d been kicked out of her own home.

Howie helped her pick out some maternity clothes, and some brand new running shoes, so her feet hopefully wouldn’t ache as bad as they usually did.

“Thanks Howie,” Nickolina said softly, now sporting a new outfit. She was wearing blue jean overalls and a bright green shirt to match her eyes. On her feet, she had on bright green and purple socks along with purple NIKE sneakers that had neon green shoelaces weaved through the holes and tied at the top, to keep them on her feet. She’d just about freaked when she’d found her two favourite colours mixed together like that.

“Not a problem,” Howie answered, starting the car back up. “You look good, Honey.”

Nickolina blushed slightly. “Thanks.”

Howie reached over and gave her hand a squeeze as he drove out of the parking lot. “I mean it. You look very pretty.”

Nickolina gave him a warm smile. She’d managed to splash some water upon her face while in the ladies room, changing into her new outfit. The bath she’d been promised would have to come later on that night, as she really didn’t feel like going near water anymore right then.

Eventually, Howie pulled into a driveway and got out of the car. He came around to her side, and helped her out once more. He kissed her cheek as he led her towards the house.

“Relax. They won’t bite. And if they do, I’ll fend them off for you.”

“I’m scared Howie,” Nickolina admitted. “They’re not going to believe me. I mean, how do I know you even believe me.”

Howie stopped, so he could turn to look down into her piercing green eyes. “Honey, if I didn’t believe you, would I have brought you hear to tell them?”

Nickolina sighed, shaking her head no.

“Exactly. Now, c’mon. Cheer up. You’re meeting the infamous Backstreet Boys.”

Nickolina gave a small giggle at that. “True.”

Howie squeezed her hand gently, and led her inside the house, though it wasn’t his own. Him and the other Boys knew well enough just to walk into one another’s house, provided as the door had been left unlocked for them.

Nickolina took a deep breath, as they entered the living room together, hand-in-hand.