- Text Size +
“Love Can Save”

-“It takes a lot to know what is love
It’s not the big things, but the little things
That can mean enough…” –BSB “Perfect Fan”

**~Diverting Hearts~**

Love can make you do the craziest things. We all heard of that expression and yes in reality it is true, when you truly care for a person- you’ll do anything and I mean anything for them. Its been proven that an area in the brain releases a chemical that yes makes us as loving humans do anything for another life. Interesting huh? Yes, and it’s true whether you chose to believe it or not. I always imagined what it would be like to really lose one’s mind for another, and as funny as it seems, I think I came close. I’m sure you can come up with examples of your own. Love isn’t a feeling: it’s an emotion- something that drives people and the reason God is with us everyday providing us with another life. It’s the reason God sent his Son to die for our wrongdoings and is always there to listen to us whether we realize it or not. And even through all our doubts, He’s there, waiting for us to come back to him, his stray sheep who have wondered off. Now He sits and waits, hoping that at least one of His sheep will appear. Like the gospel rock group, Creed- God’s waiting with arms wide open for us, now all we gotta do is hug back.

His knee bounces nervously as he nipples on his fingernails waiting for Yasmine to appear out of the examination room in the clinic, “Yas, come on. Don’t keep me waiting.” A.J. whispers softly as he sits by himself on the hard plastic seat in the small cramp waiting room. Harsh white lights fall around him as a couple with a child pass by him. A.J. smiles and watches the parents pick up their child and hug him tightly as the little boy, no more than six years of age, bubbles and laughs. A.J. sighs and leans his head back against the wall waiting for Yasmine to appear out the medical room. It was over four months already and Yasmine was doing well health wise along with her unborn child. Today Yasmine has an appointment yet again to see her personal doctor since her pregnancy. The police offered and even paid for a specialist to check her out, and even paid for a Lamaze class to put her in. Problem was she needed the father to be there and of course because of her sudden unexpected pregnancy, there was no father until however Yasmine asked A.J. He smirks: the memories of that past conversation over a month ago fills his head:

“Alex, you gotta do this for me! Pleaseeeeeee!” Yasmine whined, batting her light emerald orbs at him.

A.J. sighed and shook his head, “What? Girl, you out of your mind? You want me to play your baby’s daddy to enter the program?”

Yasmine grinned widely displaying her crystal pearly white teeth at him, “Yesss! You have to do this! J, they’ll need another person for me, I mean when I go in labor, I don’t want to go in the maternity room alone.”

“And you won’t be alone. Nick and I will be there, in fact Howie plans on being there too. Why don’t you ask one of them to go to the Lamaze class?”

“Cause I want you to go! Besides Nick is embarrassed being there and he wouldn’t be taking it seriously. But you will.”

A.J. groans and shakes his head, “I, I don’t know Yas.”

“Alexander, are you embarrassed being seen there or something?”

“Uhhh, look being famous doesn’t help in that department, I have enough weighing on me Yas. I want to go but uhhh, I mean its not exactly a cool thing to do?”

Yasmine’s eyes clouded over in fury as she stood there fuming about what a friend really is. “And you know what, you should feel ashamed for yourself. I need your help and you’re not doing a thing about it. Some friend you are! You dare to say no to God’s little girl.”

A.J. sighs and slumps into a kitchen stool, glancing at the counter ignoring her angry pleas, “So uh, who’s paying for the class?”

“I already told ya, the police department got it covered, its something that I guess they felt they needed to provide.”

“That or they want to get on your good side since they haven’t the son of the bit…”

“Stop Alex!” Yasmine interrupts.

A.J. sighs and trails his fingers over the counter’s edge nervously and spots an envelope at the corner of the dark mahogany desk, “What’s that?” He points as Yasmine smirks and waves it in front of him.

“This is what one calls a letter, yes Ajey wagey, an envelope. Want to say it with me? Let’s say it together, come on mio: an en-ve-lope. Atta boy.” She teases as she pulls out of the white ripped envelope, a notice on the Lamaze program that the police just decided to pay for her.

A.J. growls and rolls his eyes, snatching the letter in her small hands, “Gimme that.”

“You so rude and nasty. Tu’ madre must be so proud of you.” Yasmine teases, her eyes glittering.

“Screw you Yasmine.”

Yasmine smirks, “Uh uh now. That’s no way to speak to a lady.”

A.J. curls his lips and laughs, flipping open the letter, “Yeah well, I don’t see any ladies around here.”

“You sure? I’m looking at one.” Yasmine jokes as she flops besides A.J. on another stool.

A.J. playfully nudges Yasmine on the side as his eyes scan the paper in his hands, “So this saying it’ll pay for the class along with any hospital bills and plans. They mention that the rapist is still loose ‘cause he didn’t leave any fingerprints or anything.” He murmurs, the anger swelling in his chest.

Yasmine sighs and nods her head, “Uh yeah I know. It sucks, that guy is still no where to be found. I thought they had found something in the line up but it was a false impression. There was no way to describe that man, the only thing I could see was his dark eyes through the wool mask. Who ever he is, probably left, leaving a trial of panic women behind him.” She whispers, drumming her fingers nervously. “Well anyway.” She fakes a smile, avoiding the topic now, “Enough of this topic, its making me depressed and that’s the last thing I need to feel. I want my child to be free of worries at this point.”

“So you’re really gonna have this child then?” A.J. leans towards her.

She nods her head, her dark raven locks wrapped in a messy bun tumble: some loose strands upon her slim shoulders, “Yeah. I thought about it and prayed for it long enough.”

“God helped you decide that for you or was it just your mother instincts telling you?”

Her grin spreads across her tan golden cheeks, “A little of both.” She breathes out, running her fingers through A.J.’s short black hair. Teasing, she tugs on his hair and laughs, looking at her friend’s sudden dark blue dye that now spread across his hair. A.J. smirks and sighs happily, her touch always seems to calm the uneasiness he ever had, it was the effect she had on him. As for their friendship, well that was it, just friends. After the whole Nick issue, the three of them felt there was a strange tension being around each other and A.J. and Nick decided to switch turns and watch Yasmine on their own when they had time. So Nick was down in Florida at the moment resting with his family while A.J. is caring for his little ‘sister’.

“Hey well, that’s cool.” He responds after a while of thinking.

Yasmine smiles softly, giggling softly she leaps off the barstool and yawns, “J, I have to tell you something.”

A.J. lazily turns to her direction and waits for her to continue.

She twirls and sighs, tugging on one of her black locks that came loose, “I got something in the mail today that I think you should take a look at.”

A.J. sits up in the stool, his throat went dry instantly as Yasmine shuffles over to the kitchen cabinet and pulls out a plain white envelope with no return address. “What is that?”

Yasmine exhales nervously and hands the envelope over to him, “Take a look for yourself.”

A.J. gulps and quickly deposits the letter onto the counter to read. He grips the letter and reads loudly for the both to hear:

“Dear Princess,

I’m so glad to see you got this letter. I’m sure you’re wondering who’s this from and I’ll tell you later. Right now I just wanted to say you’re looking more beautiful each day. I heard about your sorrowful mishap that you went through and I’m so sorry to hear that. Anyway I found out you’re with child now. I thought you wanted to wait to get pregnant but this is a surprise to me as well. Anyway, Angel, you’re lucky your friends are there to care for you. I plan on visiting some day, maybe we’ll meet in the school hallways or something. I haven’t seen you for a while, how is everything? Especially with all the issues you’re dealing with now. You’re strong, you always were. I’m doing ok, kind of depressed, I mean all I can think of is what you must be going through, guess I always had a soft heart for you, anyways. I’m gonna make this short, my heart aches as I write this letter knowing that you must be hurting emotionally. I’m sorry again for what you went through and I promise to visit you. My heart can’t bear to see you in pain anymore. Maybe your dark hair friend is helping out in that department, he seems like a cool kid.”

A.J. stops mid-sentence in the letter and snorts, “Kid?” He didn’t want to read anymore, so Yasmine has an admirer, how was he to feel now? He felt he was fighting for Yasmine’s attention already and now a stranger that seems to know more than what is mentioned in the letter wants to suddenly enter back in Yasmine’s life. A.J. didn’t know what to feel but this was too strange.

“Just keep reading J, its gets more interesting.” Yasmine whispers, slumping next to the barstool next to A.J’s. A.J. gulps and nods his head,

“K.” He scans his eyes and sees where he left off,

“Yasmine I was praying for you everyday. I heard prayers get answered and I know God will listen to me. I hope you take care and we’ll meet one day. Until then precious, take care of you and your unborn. I know you’ll make it through all right.
Sincerely Yours Always, K.C.”

“K.C.?” A.J asks, peering at Yasmine, “You know who wrote it right?”

Yasmine shrugs her shoulders, shaking her head, “No, not really. I can’t figure out who starts with those initials.”

A.J. sighs angrily and tosses the letter onto the counter. “Really? Cause this guy I’m assuming seemed to have some form of relationship with you to be calling you those names.”

“J, I don’t know. Stop it, I don’t know who wrote it k? I found the letter slipped under my doorway this morning.”

“Did you ask security downstairs? Maybe they got a look at the person who drop this off.”

Yasmine exhales and shakes her head, “I tried that, they were clueless, they really didn’t pay attention. They said it was guy with black hair, its funny cause the description they gave me sounded like it was you or something.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Why would I write a letter to you if I’m here with you?”

Yasmine shrugs her shoulders, “I don’t know, maybe to cheer me up.”

“Oh yeah, that’s right. Its me, I always use my other personna K.C. that I use to sign in letters.” He whispers sarcastically as Yasmine snorts and throws her arms sweetly around his neck.

“Shut up.” She whispers inches away from A.J.’s lips as A.J. sticks his tongue out and crosses his eyes receiving a laugh and playful slap on the shoulder from Yasmine.

“Well the letter was creepy enough. I say hold on to it and if we get another one we’ll send it to the police k?” A.J. states, standing up and stretching, pulling his arms overhead.

“K, cool. So let’s go, Howie told me about this little restaurant in Tribeca called “Capsouto Freres.” Yasmine grins, her teeth shining in the soft florescent light. “Do you like my french?”

“Cute. But my, aren’t we in the pricey mood today?” A.J. banters as Yasmine playfully pouts,

“Hey you’re the famous one, you can afford it. Besides if you love me you’ll do it.”

A.J. laughs, “Bribery now huh? Well I guess I don’t love you as much as I thought.”

“Hey malo (bad) You’re suppose to help me out and feed me.” Yasmine jokes.

A.J. laughs and shakes his head, “Whoa, I’m a friend not your momma feeding you. But…” He exhales deeply and continues joking around, “If you insist, we’ll head over there. Just know that you own me later. So what I’m paying for you now, I want it back with interest.”

Yasmine laughs and folds her hands into A.J.’s as the laughing pair leave the apartment in a good mood.
~*~

A.J. sits ups and watches the medical examination door open, taking him out of his thoughts as a nurse followed with a doctor who smile and talk quietly to themselves. The nurse looks at A.J.’s direction and calls him over.

Confused, A.J. stands up and heads over to the pair who tells him that Yasmine wanted him to see the small picture from the ultra sound that was done on her. “Usually these exams aren’t done till later in the pregnancy to check for the infant’s position inside the womb along with its age, but the fetus is doing well. She wants you to see a picture of the infant. Come inside.” The nurse stands moving aside as the doctor and A.J. enter the room. In the center of the room, Yasmine lied on her back, her shirt lifted up to show her developing abdomen. A clear white gel smeared her stomach as the doctor smiles and places a small pad like device upon Yasmine’s stomach.

“Alex, look at the screen! It’s the baby!” Yasmine squeal happily as A.J. watches in awe, staring at the clear image of the unborn’s image. Its small eyes closed tightly as he was able to make out a small face and tiny hands nestled near its mouth. He drops his mouth open and gaps in surprise,

“Wow. Look, you can see the baby’s eyes, and its hands. It’s sleeping.” A.J. cries out happily as Yasmine giggles. He could feel her hands squeeze his right hand as he looks at her in delight. She beams brightly as the doctor talks about what else the image on the screen shows from the fetus. A.J. watches in pure wonder and amazement at the small life that is imbedded within his friend’s body.

“Crazy huh?” Yasmine whispers as A.J. simply nods his head at the wonders before him that is held on the screen and they both watch in peaceful silence at the screen.
~*~

He paces the lobby, scratching the side of his head nervously. He adjusts the black tie and grumbles, he hated dressing up causally and he preferred just being comfy in jeans and shirt but the fancy restaurant required formal attire.

“Sorry I took so long; I wanted to look cute for the restaurant.” Yasmine bubbles happily as A.J. smirks,

“You’re already cute, you don’t have to try hard in that part.”

Yasmine jokes and gasps, placing her hand over her chest, “Oh my, is that, no it couldn’t be? Could it? Is that a compliment I hear coming from your mouth?” Yasmine teases as A.J. sighs, failing to hide his smile.

“Yeah, yeah I think it is.” A.J. states enjoying the smile she gave him. She was dressed in a simple almost snug velvet red dress revealing the signs of motherhood from her abdomen, the edges of the dress rippled beautifully and it cut and slits diagonally showing her lower thighs, her soft clicking of her high inch beautifully red heels echoed down the dorm lobby. Her raven locks were held up with a glittered clip but many of her locks fail to be restrained by the clip and tumble down to her shoulders, giving her an exquisite appearance.

“So I see you like what you see, judging by your eyes!” Yasmine smirks as A.J. laughs and nods his head,

“Yeah, yeah, I do. Just let me find out you’re wearing that when Nick is around.”

“You’re still with that?” Yasmine laughs, her gentle ripples of laughter filter A.J.’s ears.

“Na, me and Nick are cool. Just a little weirded out with you.”

“Ha! So I’m the cause of it? I can’t help looking this fine, I think it’s a curse and gift all at the same time.” Yasmine whispers, a smile crossing her cheeks.

A.J. sucks his teeth, grabbing her hand, “I don’t know what I’m gonna do with you?”

“You can always kiss me and find out.” Yasmine jokes, a mischievous look in her eyes.

“Ha, ha. Funny girl, real funny.” A.J. pokes her on the side as they walk out the lobby ready for a night out of town.

After traveling, they step out of the black benz and make their way to the front corridor where the restaurant stood awaiting their presence. The bright red and golden lanterns hung and sway gently in the cool breeze surrounding them outside of the grand restaurant as a waiter directed them to a vacant table in the outside patio. They reach the table as A.J. pulls the seat for Yasmine to sit on. “Why thank you. Look at you being all manly like tonight.”

A.J. smirks and takes a seat across from her, watching her pick up a velvet red menu that the waiter left for them.

“So Yasmine, what you in the mood for?”

Yasmine perks her eyes up at him and smiles, “I thought we can skip the whole main course and go straight for the dessert.” She whispers seductively, causing A.J. to shift in his seat.

“Seriously Yasmine. What will it be?” A.J. asks, placing his hands on the table. Yasmine scrolls her eyes down his hands and gently places hers on top of his.

“Well since we’re in a French restaurant, how about some of the delicacy of pasta with parsley along with the white wine. I’m not up to the whole French meals and I can barely pronounce them. So I’ll stick to what I know.” Yasmine giggles.

A.J. grins and nods his head, “Same here. Good choice, though is it ok for you to be taking wine? It has alcohol and you’re pregnant, lest you forget.”

“Right, like I needed to be reminded…” She pauses and rubs her stomach. “I’ll just take a few sips. I’m not a drinker unlike someone I know.” She whispers out.

A.J. inhales heavily and drops his head, as a sudden wash of guilt flooded his body. Yasmine never really talked about the past that brought about her pregnancy, she wanted to forget and move on but it was hard whenever she would see the results of what that wretched action caused. She sighs and whispers out, “Sorry Alex, I didn’t mean that. I should be considerate for what you went through with your past alcohol experience.”

“Don’t apologize please. That was my fault, I was depended on something. What you went through was out of your control and you know it.” He whispers, gently rubbing his fingers through hers.

“I know, I know. Its just well sometimes I keep thinking why did that man do that to me, like I deserved it or something. I knew what he wanted the moment I was thrown in the elevator, I just…” She pauses, choking back a sob as tears pierce her precious light emerald eyes.

A.J. gulps and listens patiently as Yasmine continues talking. “I just thought that maybe I could give him money or jewelry and it would be better, but he took my innocence and that’s hurts more than anything.”

A.J. sighs and leans over her holding her shaking hands as she continues talking, “God Alex, I don’t know how long I can be strong under all this. The police thought they found a guy who was known for violating women but it was some college punk who wasn’t near the hotel at all. The line up was so off.”

“But how do you know? Yas the man was wearing a mask, how do you know if they got the guy but you can’t identify him.” A.J. whispers to comfort her, hoping to calm the quivering woman before him.

“God Alex, I know, I just know, trust me on this. I know how his body is, the way he had those large broad shoulders, his tall height, his eyes…” She stops and exhales as a few tears slide down her blushed cheeks. “His eyes. Alex, if I see the guy walking down the street I could identify him. I would know him, cause I can feel him, I, I know wh, what he looks like the way clothes fit him during that night.”

A.J. rubs hers shoulders as some customers walk pass them, staring at them strangely. A.J. glances at one wealthy elderly woman who seemed to be leaning near them curious about what’s going on. “Oh goodness, I hope she’s ok. She’s crying her little eyes out.”

“I, I can see that lady thanks. She’ll be ok.” A.J. whispers trying to remain friendly.

“Oh I don’t think so, just look at her. She’s crying. I don’t think that’s ok.” The woman states, her raccoon fur scarf wafted pass A.J.’s nose as she leans close to inspect Yasmine.

A.J. tries to remain calm as he tells the woman to please not get close to Yasmine.

“Oh, I just have to see for myself if she really is ok.” The woman states.

A.J.’s jawbone twitches as the elderly woman gently touches Yasmine’s stain cheeks. “Alright lady I said she’ll be fine. Please leave her alone.”

The woman gasps and turns around facing him in disgust, “Why I never?! I was just trying to help out the child?”

“No you weren’t. You just wanted to be nosy and get into her business and I have to protect her.” A.J. calmly states, surprised by his calm demeanor.

The woman seemed insulted and pulled away from the quivering Yasmine as she storms down the patio ready to place a complaint on him. A.J. grumbles and shakes his head, “Sorry ‘bout that. Guess this will be a short dinner after all.”

Yasmine smiles, her red painted lips curve at him, “Thanks, that was nice of you. You didn’t have to, she was just worried about me, that’s all.”

A.J. snorts, “Doubt that, she was just looking for a way to get into your business so she can judge and put her two cents in.”

“Whatever, I say we stay and eat. And if they kick us out, then hey I’m down with it. Never been thrown out of a place so I guess it should be fun.”

A.J. laughs and shakes his head, “Guess you didn’t hang out with Nick that long then. That kid got me kicked out of almost all the stores down in Orlando and we can rarely show our faces down there without getting a complaint.”

Yasmine laughs as the lighter mood settles in around them as they settle down and wait to order their meal.
~*~

Yasmine burps as A.J. looks up from his plate and gives her a disgusted look. “That’s nasty girl.”

“Oh you can burp, but I can’t? What’s up with that?” Yasmine laughs as A.J. shakes his head and places a wad of money down on the red cotton cloth at their table.

They wait as their table is cleared and both get up from the table ready to leave. As they were on their way to exit the restaurant, they were stopped at the entrance by a security guard, “Excuse sir. I’ll need you to step aside. There was a complaint placed upon you by a woman that you rudely insulted her.”

A.J. exhales as a migraine managed to crush its way into his temples. “Yeah well figured. Sure.” He implies, stepping aside as Yasmine watches on confused.

“Wait Mr….”

"Mr. Alson.” The security guard states to Yasmine as she nods,

“Right, listen I know what that woman told you and I’m ok. Tell her I has having my period and these cramps were just killer, I’m sure she can relate. Oh oops, wait that’s right, she’s pass that age now ain’t she?” Yasmine states causing A.J. to quietly smirk as stands besides the guard. Mr. Alson clears his throat and fixes his eyes on his dark gray shirt that suddenly seem to take on more interest than before.

“Right well then. I’m sorry. We’re just trying to accommodate for everyone and between you and me, she’s a big spender. We just didn’t want to lose a customer.” Alson states, raising his dark eyebrows.

“Yeah well, you did lose one, in fact two.” A.J. states as he brushes aside Alson and both Yasmine and him step out the patio and exit the restaurant.

The couple walk down the cobblestone streets, the sudden romantic area embraced them.

“How rude was that woman?” Yasmine hisses out, flicking off a fallen petal that tumbled from a tree above them.

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Yeah well, at least we left that place, sorry about that little episode back there.”

“Ah, its ok, I really was looking forward to getting kicked out though.”

“Sorry I didn’t fulfill that request, but I’m sure Nick can get you kicked out a restaurant faster than I can.” A.J. states, wrapping his arm around her slender shoulders.

“No prob. It’s a beautiful place here huh?" Yasmine asks.

“Yeah.” A.J. nods his head, “Didn’t know New York looked like this but it’s very romantic.”

“Ahh and what can be more romantic than a kiss under the starry sky.” Yasmine teases, poking A.J.

A.J. smirks, “I’m getting the impression you’re hitting on me tonight.”

“Well pookie, see we’re on a date so its important that we seal tonight with a kiss.” She jokily puckers her lips at him. A.J. laughs and pulls away from her.

“You’re too much.”

“I’m serious, I want a kiss or I’ll report you.” Yasmine teases as A.J. nibbles on his lip and jokily pushes her way.

“Shut up.”

“Make me.” Yasmine teases as she was inches away from A.J.’s lips, “I’m serious, one kiss and I promise I’ll leave ya alone.”

“What? Why?” A.J. stutters as Yasmine grins,

“So I can brag and say I had a piece of a Backstreet Boy.”

A.J. chuckles and shakes his head, “I’ll think about it.”

“I’ll give you a minute, no make that thirty seconds.” Yasmine whispers, her red smile spreads against her cheeks.

A.J. makes a face and they walk down the beautiful pathway staring at the swaying trees. A.J can hear Yasmine counting and stops,

“What’s with the counting?” A.J. asks curiously as Yasmine leans close to him.

Yasmine whispers out, “Three, two, one.” And her lips brush pass A.J.’s lips as he gasps and backs away.

“That wasn’t even a kiss, J. stop being a wuss and kiss me.” Yasmine pleads, “Just this one I promise and I won’t ever bring it up to anyone.”

A.J. licks his lips as she smiles, “Just one? One, k?”

A.J. finally sighs and nods his head, “Fine, since you’re so freaking curious.”

“By the way, are you a good kisser?” Yasmine asks.

A.J. snorts, “Never had a complaint before.” He whispers cockily.

“You might get one tonight.” Yasmine smirks and plays around as A.J. shrugs his shoulders and walks away,

“Forget this, its stupid...” He starts complaining but is pulled by the arm and faces her, he stops talking when he feels the warm lips of Yasmine compress his suddenly. A.J. stands still, surprised as the kiss deepens and he feels her arms embrace his neck. A.J. sighs and opens his eyes pulling away from her quickly. He couldn’t believe she kissed him! He was left breathless and in shock as Yasmine smirks and passes her fingers across her lips.

“Mmmm… wow.” She whispers blushing furiously as A.J inhales and clears his throat trying to speak.

“What? Why?...” A.J. whispers out in shock as she smiles and laughs.

“Not bad, not bad at all. You punk’d out and pull away though. I guess you must have sucked at spin the bottle.” Yasmine jokes as she continues walking. “Well I can’t get myself home, move.” She shouts back at him so he can catch up. A.J. stays in silence as his lips lingered from her soft touch.

A.J. smiles and stares down at the cobblestone ground. It was unusual but his feelings only grew stronger for her. ‘Damn girl got me all messed up.’ He thinks to himself as he hurriedly catches up to her so they can continued their date.
~*~

“Well J. Thanks for the dinner. It was wonderful. I had a great time at the restaurant and at the garden afterwards. You will make a great boyfriend to one lucky girl out there.” Yasmine smiles, her gentle angelic grin.

“Uh yeah thanks. Tell Anya I said hi. See ya in the morning k. And get some sleep, you’ll need it.” A.J. states concerned.

Yasmine snorts and whispers out, “Wait.”

“Huh, what is it?”

“You’re right. You’re a great kisser.” Yasmine whispers, her cheeks blush red as A.J. laughs.

“I told ya.” He whispers and blows a kiss at her, “Love ya.”

“Love ya back.” Yasmine whispers as she steps into the dorm and closes the door behind her with a huge grin on her face.

A.J. watches as she closes the door and he shakes his head, ‘Oh man, now what’s gonna happen? Yas, you got my mind spinning.’ He thinks to himself.
~*~

“Ok wait, you gotta tell me this again. J, tell me you didn’t!” Howie laughs as he shakes his head in enjoyment.

“Look she literally threw herself on me! I got caught surprised. I had no idea she would do that and all for one measly kiss.” A.J. states, lounging in his sofa as the warm bright Florida sun filters into the living room windows.

“Ookay.” Howie whispers slowly, “And you’re telling me you didn’t feel anything.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Ahhh, so the truth comes out.”

“D, don’t start. It was an innocent kiss. Nothing more and nothing less.”

“But still, a kiss!” Howie teases, enjoying the horrid look A.J. gives him.

“Get over it man. Brian and Kevin don’t know about it. I don’t think they want to know.”

“On the contrary.” Brian states, entering A.J.’s living room with a grin on his face, “Me and Kev heard the whole thing. So how was the kiss from the angel? Was it at all you dreamed of?”

“Oh God, not you too!” A.J. groans.

Kevin slaps A.J.’s knee, “Oh what happened. I thought the two of you were just friends, what made this kiss occur?” He rags on A.J., a smile appearing on his face.

A.J. sighs and slumps back into his black sofa, shaking his head, “That’s all it was, a simple kiss. Now can we drop it? I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I’ve been working on this hot track and I want to show it to you guys.”

“K, cool. Let’s hear it.” Kevin states, settling back in the sofa across from where A.J. was at. A.J. gets up and shuffles through a small pile of littered cd’s finding the track he’s been recording.

“But while we’re waiting, you do know Nick is with Yasmine now watching her and who knows. Maybe she might pull that trick on him too and knowing Nick, he’ll go for it.” Brian states waiting to see what A.J.’s reaction would be. To their surprise, he seemed calmed and he faces them, throwing the cd at Kevin’s direction. He flops down in the sofa across them and sighs,

“I trust Nick. I really do. And he won’t be stupid enough to do that.” A.J. whispers.

Howie smirks and withheld his remark but Kevin didn’t, “Sure you do. This is Nick we’re talking about right? And the last I checked he’s waiting to get a girlfriend. I say protect your territory.”

Brian laughs, “Nick won’t do that, he knows A.J. is feeling her.”

Kevin cuts in, “Uh, uh. Again this is Nick we’re talking about.”

A.J. stays quiet and watches his band mates continue their talk about Nick. A.J. closes his eyes fearing a nagging feeling in the back of his heart. Nick was with Yasmine at the moment and as conniving as she is, what makes him think that Nick would go for it. “Na, he wouldn’t.” But he bolts upright and rubs his eyes knowing he was lying to himself.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**