- Text Size +
“Love Can Save”


-“The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn’t care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See you've got no say at all” – “The Trouble with love is” By Kelly Clarkson



**~The Trouble With Love~**

A.J. gasps as the cries of the newborn child breaks into the restless room. He glances at Yasmine, her face contorted in extreme pain as she squeezes his hand tightly. A.J. gulps down the nausea that rose yet again at the sight of the blood and infant sliding into the world.

“Alex? Alex? The baby, how is it?” Yasmine asks, glancing at him nervously. Her cries linger in the air as the child makes its way into the world.

A.J. clears his throat and gasps at the infant slowly breaking out of the mother’s birth canal, spilling the bodily fluids onto the bed sheets. A.J. gulps, his eyes widen as the infant is pulled out, held comfortable in the doctor’s arms. “She’s ok. Yas, she’s out.”

Yasmine smiles, her giggles radiating in the interior of the room, “I know. What does she look like?”

A.J. couldn’t conjure the right words to express the infant’s appearance except for “Beautiful.” He chokes out: warm tears fill his eyes as he smiles. Warm blankets wrap the infant up as the doctor hands A.J. a pair of sharp edge metal scissors.

Grabbing the scissors, A.J. glances at the doctor with confusion scrolled on his face.

“Since you’re the new father, you should cut the umbilical cord.” The masked doctor whispers happily, holding the wailing child in his arms.

A.J. with shaking hands looks over to Yasmine who was beaming brightly: “Go ahead Alex, cut it!”

“Ummm, uh ok.” He whispers softly, inching close to the wailing infant, touching the soft flesh of the infant. With shaking hands, he gulps and snips the umbilical cord following the doctor’s instructions. Once done, the doctors wash the child’s face with a warm rag, taking out the hazardous film that covered the infant’s eyes. The doctor brings back the infant and places it in the mother’s arms. Yasmine squeals out and sighs happily: a peaceful feeling running down her body as she looks into the gentle eyes of the newborn child held closely in her embrace.

She coos and rocks the infant that immediately quiets down at her mother’s embrace. “Oh my little Faith. Look at you, you’re so beautiful, those big brown eyes, chubby cheeks. Ohhhh, your hands, how tiny there are.”

A.J. smiles and watches the doctors gather their instruments and tells Yasmine to do one last push for the after birth. Nodding her head, she holds out the child to A.J. as he sits stiff and unable to move. “Uh, Yasmine, I’m not sure how to hold her, I don’t want to make her cry.”

“And she won’t. She’ll know who you are once she feels your arms around her.” Yasmine whispers, handing the bundle of joy to the father. A.J. gulps: his nerves spinning out of control as he cradles the infant, holding her to his chest. He glances down at Faith and sees the baby smile, its tiny eyes closed shut from the abrasive lights in the room. Once Faith gurgles and waves her tiny hands at him, A.J.’s heart swelled with pride, he loved this new little person the moment she appeared into this world. No right words can ever express the emotions that swirl inside him as he exhales happily and runs his fingers down Faith’s cheeks.

“Hey sweetie. Welcome to the world. I hope you’ll like it.” A.J. whispers as he feels Yasmine’s hands grip his knee happily.

“Alright at three: ma’am. One final push and you’re done. Ready?” The doctor announces, adjusting the foot stools where Yasmine’s feet were placed on. A large white blanket covered the lower torso of Yasmine’s body and only her feet could be seen as the doctor peers through the opening of the blanket.

Nodding, she inhales deeply and closes her eyes, pushing out the placenta that remained in her body. Sighing, she leans back on her pillows that held her at a sitting position, glancing back at little Faith sleeping soundly in A.J.’s arms. “I think she likes you.” Yasmine whispers, a smile peering through her tired face.

A.J. gulps and nods his head, holding one of Yasmine’s hands in his, “You think? I wanted to make a good impression on her.”

“I think you did.” Yasmine smiles, her dark emerald eyes lock on her new child.

“Wow, I, I never saw a child born like that in front of me. It was mind blowing.”

“I know and you didn’t even faint on me. I’m proud of ya boy.” Yasmine pats his knee as the two doctors and nurse attend to sewing the open birth canal so it can heal properly.

A.J. laughs heartily as little Faith bounces slightly from his chuckles. “Do you want to hold her?”

Smiling, she rubs her infant’s face gingerly, “I think I’ll have plenty of time to hold her. Let her rest in your arms, I want her to get used to you and know who you are.”

The doctors finish the minor operation as Yasmine distracted attended to A.J. and Faith. The doctors exit the room to leave the couple alone in the room once again. A.J. was so fascinated by Faith that the only time he looked up was at the sound of the door closing, startling him.

Yawning, Yasmine stretches her weary arms, gazing at her friend tiredly.

“Tired huh?”

Nodding her head, she exhales deeply, allowing A.J. to place the child into her arms. “I think she might be hungry when she wakes up.”

Smiling gently, she nods her head and cradles Faith, its pink and yellow cotton blanket wrapping her tiny body. “Yeah, I guess. Hey tell the guys, the baby’s here k!”

A.J. nods and runs his fingers through Yasmine’s black locks ever so softly as he sings softly to her. “God, I’m so proud of ya for going through the pregnancy and letting this child see this world.”

Yasmine giggles and eyes him, her heart hammering against her chest as she licks her lips softly, “Alex about what I said before about, about, well you know me falling for ya, well I don’t want that to interfere with our friendship, I mean I know you value our friendship so I don’t know what more I can expect from you…” She stops mid-sentence as A.J. gently presses his lips on her warm ones. Pulling away, he smiles and shakes his head, smirking at the surprised look that cloth his friend’s face.

“Uh, ummm… wow, I wasn’t expecting that.” Yasmine whispers, touching her lips gingerly, the heat lingered from the unexpected kiss as she still left in complete astonishment at A.J.’s action.

“I’m thinking about that. But don’t worry about it. The way I see it, things will work out. If it’s meant to be, it’ll work out.” He whispers softly, pressing his lips on her sweaty forehead and stands up. “I’ll let you get some rest. I’ll stop by with the others shortly when it’s alright. K?”

She beams brightly and sighs, her heart drumming loudly as A.J. steps out and waves a bye, blowing a kiss in her direction. “Love ya.”

Giggling she shouts back, “Love ya back.” And she watches him leave, closing the door behind him.
~*~

“Nick, you think the guys are on their way?” Anya whispers, leaning back in her seat tiredly as Nick glances at his watch distracted.

“They’ve been in there for a few hours, wonder what happened?” Nick leans back, tucking the camcorder in his arms. He closes his eyes and opens them back up to see three familiar faces bursting and running down the paved hallway encompassed with floating yellow and pink balloons, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and loads of teddies bears with a plastic bag full of small trinkets and snacks. “Hey you made it just in time!”

Anya opens her grey eyes and laughs, jumping up to welcome the men. “Hey guys! Glad to see ya all again.”

“Yeah it’s been a while man.” Brian smiles, hugging Anya tightly.

Anya smirks and nods her head as Howie and Kevin wrap their arms around her playfully. “Oooooh, you got stuff for the couple!”

“Yup and couple sounds so lovey dovey for them though.” Kevin smirks, pulling on the balloon strings.

“Well all I’m saying is they should both stop frontin’ and get together, we all know they both want each other. I don’t understand why they keep denying their feelings.” Nick whispers, taking the small stuff bears and bag of snacks, digging through it noisily.

The others laugh quietly as Anya sighs, “Anyway, so how was the flight guys?”

“Oh, ahh. Interesting to say the least.” Howie whispers, receiving a few glances from Brian and Kevin.

“Oh ok.” Anya whispers and all turn to the swinging doors to see A.J. with a huge smile on his face.

“It’s daddy!” Nick yells out causing the others to chuckle quietly.

“Just save us all the grief, tell us, what’s the deal?” Howie speaks up, as the others surround A.J. each patting the new father and whispering out a congratulations.

“Wonderful! Dude, I saw the baby being born and I was alright! She’s so pretty guys! On man, the baby looks identical to Yasmine, she doesn’t seem to carry any of that bastard’s genetics. Well maybe the whole eye color but that’s about it. The baby’s eyes came out a dark coffee color.”

“Like you?” Anya whispers.

Rolling his eyes, he smirks, “Yeah, like me. I came to get you guys! I want you see the baby before Yasmine falls asleep on us.”

“Cool. But I think we should let Yasmine rest. She just had the baby right?” Kevin asks.

“Yeah you’re right. I’m sorry, I’m just so excited about the whole thing and I want you guys to see her, God she’s beautiful and Brian, Yasmine loved the scriptures you found for Faith.”

Brian nods his head, “No prob on that buddy. I just wanted to help out in any way.” He states, handing the gifts to Anya.

“I say we come back a few hours later to let Yasmine catch some rest before she receives company. Plus A.J. I think we should treat ya, you’re the new dad and should get the day to celebrate it.” Howie smiles, patting his friend’s shoulder.

“Nice, I don’t know if I should leave Yasmine alone though.” A.J. whispers.

“You know what, I’ll watch Yas. You go out and have some fun. And don’t forget to bring back something for Yasmine or she’ll kill ya.” Anya smirks, heading towards the swinging doors and enters it, holding the gifts in her pale arms.

“K, well you heard the girl. Let’s roll daddy oh.” Nick beams, wrapping his arm around A.J.’s shoulders, leading him down the hallway with the others behind him.

“Uh, aight let’s go then.” A.J. whispers, the others laughing with joy as the excitement floods through their bodies.
~*~

He holds his breath in, watching the group of five men pass down the hallway and turn a corner. Smiling, he breathes in the sweet smell of aesthetics and rubs his fingers together. His dark eyes gleam with humor at the thought of his child now being born to this world. It is too soon to see Yasmine, she’s not in the right condition as of yet. But when she is, he will make sure to stop by and pay her a visit she’ll never forget. Sighing, he digs his hands into his dark jean pockets, walking down the hallway with a smile on his face whispering out his new daughter’s name. “Faith…Faith oh Faith. How much faith will your mother have when she finds out the truth? How much faith will Yasmine have when she discovers I was the one who brought Faith upon her? If I couldn’t have my Yasmine, then no one will. And I’ll make sure that A.J. knows it fully well.” His raven hair flutters in the cool breeze coming from the ventilation as he heads down the opposite hallway, thoughts of seeing Yasmine fill his head like sweet sugar.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**