- Text Size +
A/N: *sigh* lol, I’m glad someone is interested in this story. Please leave a review, let me and Natalie know what you think of the story, it helps us as writers. I thank you guys for your support and until later this is Jamelet saying peace out.

“Not Too Young”

**Grow Up**

Nick’s mouth drops open and shakes his head, “No way, th, there’s no way this can happen.” He whispers in surprise, the panic settling down his spine.

Kevin peers at the tall man in the threshold who carries the same identical dark blonde hair and height of what Nick looks like.

Brian and A.J. run to the doorway and gasp out in unison, “Nick?!”

Aaron gasps and peers down at the two young boys, one with dark blonde hair and sapphire eyes and the other boy with dark black curls and a gentle face.

Aaron smirks and laughs, “A.J. whoa man. What happened to you? I’m sure the ladies will still like ya.”

“You think this is funny, huh?! Don’t make me have to beat you down boy.” A.J. growled, his soft child voice sounded no where near threatening to Aaron.

Aaron leans on the wooden doorframe and smiles, shaking his head. “Man this is some crazy stuff you guys are in. I can’t believe it, you’re all so small. Man what happened to you guys? You look all adorable now don’t ya?” He teases the five Boys in the room.

Kevin places his hand on his hip and shakes his head, “We don’t know what happened to us! We woke up like this! And what about you? You’re older, much older!”

“I realize that. So you all woke up like this huh? Same thing happened to me. I’ll promise to explain to you guys in more details shortly.” Aaron says nervously as all eyes fall on him.

A young Latin teenager approaches Aaron; the dark tan complexion glowed in the soft white florescent lights. Aaron smiles, “No wait, Howie, right? You didn’t change that much. But Nick, wow you’re so tiny.”

Nick growled and grabs his brother’s hand, flinging him into the room. Kevin shuts the door immediately and tells the others to keep their voices down. Aaron smirking, takes in the sight of the group and takes a deep breath. The clothes they were wearing were all too big and was held up with belts and homemade strings. This got a chuckle out of Aaron as he gazes at the five Boys.

“Ok, you guys I figured I might as well tell you the possible reason we’re all a little different.” Aaron whispers, a small smile creeping on his gentle ivory skin.

Kevin settles down in a plush sofa facing Aaron, “Ok, well shoot, cause the way I see it if you had anything to do with this, you better fix this!” The dark emerald eyes boring into Aaron, as he passes his hand through his spikey black hair. Everyone turns to see Brian pick up the hotel phone and call in for breakfast.

“Guys what do you want to order?” Brian interrupts, passing the hotel’s menu to each of the guys.

A.J., Howie, Kevin and Nick all take and quickly order off the menu picking a meal the hotel offered. Kevin eyes Aaron, “Well, Aaron you want anything?”

Aaron shakes his head and decides to pass on breakfast, “I ate on the way already. But thanks.”

“Ok, well next thing, we’ll need clothes and I think you can help us.” Howie states, his dark eyes gazing at Aaron.

“How do you expect me to do that? Make another wish?” He states in a taunting tone.

Nick narrows his eyes, “Don’t get an attitude with us. You got us in this mess, now you better help us out.”

Aaron blows out a puff of air and rolls his eyes towards the ceiling. “Fine whatever. Just give me some money and I’ll pick up some clothes or I’ll make a call to management to pick up some clothes.”

“You go get the clothes, cause if management thinks you’re Nick, you’ll need a good excuse to why you need boy size clothes.” A.J. states, smirking.

Aaron shakes his head, “Alright, anything else?” He growls.

“We’ll think of stuff later for you to do.” Grins Brian: playfully pushing the now larger man in the room, Aaron. The light mood in the room changes when Nick spoke.

“Aaron, do you realize that we have a meeting with our management to discuss our future recordings and you just screwed that up.” The high voice of Nick growls.

Aaron nibbles on his lower lip as he slides into a wooden chair.

“Down boy. I’m sure this can all be explained.” Aaron says smiling, chuckling.

“Well what exactly happened Aaron?!” Brian’s sweet child voice cuts in.

Aaron gazes at the five young boys around him as he begins to tell them the story of what happened last night. By the end of the story, the only thing that greeted him was silence.

After a minute he hears Howie and Nick suck their teeth and Kevin sigh. A.J. no longer could keep quiet and screams out, “That’s bull and you know. Seriously Aaron Why are we like this?”

Aaron stands up feeling the thick tension that surrounded him suddenly. He raises his arms in the air in defeat, screaming out, “It’s not bull guys! This is what happened. I made a wish and it came true. Why can’t you believe that?”

“Because it’s a load of…” A.J. begins saying but was cut off when Kevin places a hand over his mouth.

“Ok there J. Chill out.” Kevin states sighing and continues, “So Aaron, you’re telling us that when you walked out of here yesterday and was at the park, which by the way we went looking for you, in case you didn’t know, you made a wish?”

“Yes! Exactly. I was on the park bench and I was frustrated with all of you guys treating me like I’m still a child.” Aaron begins stating but was cut off by Nick.

“Aaron, you are a child. You’re by law still considered a child. You need our parents to watch out for you. You’re not ready to care for yourself.” Nick whispers loudly, his high voice screeches, stressing out the word child, emphasizing it for Aaron.

Aaron felt the anger burning within him as he stands up and pushes Nick roughly to a wall, “Child? You don’t know anything about me Nick! I grew up a long time ago without you!” Aaron gazes down at the cowering figure of his brother shuddering in pure fear.

“You’re afraid of me?” Aaron whispers, feeling the burning eyes groping at him.

“Nick, ah, Aaron get away from him dude. Don’t hurt him. You got that, don’t touch him ok.” A.J. calmly whispers, stepping in between the two brothers.

Aaron sighs and steps back, “You’re right. I’m sorry bro. My back.”

Nick lets out a deep breath and nods his head, “It’s ok. I never realized my presence over someone younger than me. I’m sorry for the way I was treating you. You’re right. You’ve grown into a man, more like me than anything else and I think that it’s wrong. I’ll be a better brother to you.” He whispers almost inaudible to those that weren’t near him.

Aaron smiles, “Thanks man. But you’re a great brother the way you are.”

Nick sighs and rolls his eyes, “Doubt that bro. Looks like I’m the one looking up at you now.”

He hears a snicker coming from Aaron at this statement.

“Ok, well now that’s out the way, I think it’s time for us to use our grown Aaron to do us a favor.” Kevin states with a smile on his face.

Aaron narrows his eyes not liking where the possibility of Kevin’s statement meant.

A.J. catching on to Kevin’s little idea without saying a word nods his head, along with Howie and Brian.

Nick scratches his head and suddenly the unspoken idea struck him as well as he chuckles softly.

“What’s so funny man?” Aaron asks, suddenly feeling uncomfortable and out of place.

“Dude, you’re identical to Nick at his present age, meaning we’ll need you to do us a big favor.” A.J. states with a growing smirk on his childish face.

Aaron’s mouth drops open as the idea struck him, “Oh no! No! You’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking, right?”

Brian smiles and steps up on the sofa to reach Aaron’s tall status. “Oh yes my boy. Looks like we found our Backstreet Boy to cover for us till this little problem fades away.”

Aaron shakes his head, “No man. I can’t pass off as Nick. You think I can fool the press and management? You gotta be kidding me!”

Howie calmly speaks, “No we’re not, and you can do it. You’re in such a rush to get treated as an adult, well now is your chance. If you can pull this off and fill in for Nick to cover all the bases we would normally take, then you truly deserve to get treated as a grown adult.”

Aaron gulps down the lump that was forming in his throat, “O, ok. It’s on then. From now on, I’ll be Nick to your little plan. But if it backfires in anyway, I know who’s fault it’ll be.” His coffee eyes stare at Howie. Aaron gulps and thinks no matter how hard he tries to be different, he becomes more like Nick. Even in his new self, he was again compared to his brother. He couldn’t escape that thought.

“Good, then it’s on. I suggest you go down and meet up with Mr. Terry- our record producer. He’ll want your opinion on the album’s music taste and such. Don’t make us look bad, don’t say anything stupid that Nick wouldn’t say…” Kevin states but was interrupted by Nick.

“Hey I heard that! I don’t say stupid things all the time.” Nick yells angrily, rolling his eyes and tossing a pillow towards Kevin’s direction.

“Wow, such trust. You sure I can handle it?” Aaron whispers in a mocking tone.

“Ha, ha. Do we have a choice?” Nick grumbles.

Aaron shakes his head, “No I guess not. I’m about to save all your behinds and you have to repay me back lovely!”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Already conning. It took Nick a few more years to learn that. Man kids grow up so fast nowadays.”

Aaron beams as Nick pulls his taller now ‘older’ brother into a bathroom to change into more decent clothes that Nick had picked out. As soon as the two siblings entered the bathroom and shut the door, a conversation among the four other members burst out.

“What the heck are we gonna do?! He’s gonna mess up everything! Why did you suggest that idea D? I should hang you for that!” A.J. growls quietly.

Howie sighs, “Look, he’s needs to handle responsibilities, so I trust he can do this.”

Kevin clicks his tongue and stands still, “Howie’s right. Aaron wants to be grown up. So let him be. And if he messes up, they’ll think it’s Nick and we wouldn’t look bad.”

At that statement, the four members burst out in laughter, as the tension in the room dissipated. Now all they had to do was hope that things will be back to normal before their careers are on the line.
~*~

Aaron steps out the elevator fully dressed in something Nick would normally walk around in. Light baggy blue jeans hung on his body as a silver chain swing on the side off as a belt. A green tank top was placed on him with a thick platinum silver necklace with the letters ‘BSB’ scrolled on it, glowing brightly in the diamonds. He places the dark tinted shades Nick had lying around, and covers his eyes. The metal doors of the elevator spreads open, letting Aaron exit it.

He takes a deep breath and steps out into the carpeted lobby to hopefully meet with a mister Terry. His white sneakers padded softly on the carpet as he makes his way over to a large vacant sofa. He was inches away from reaching the sofa when a high female pitch screaming breaks through the lobby suddenly. Aaron turns around in alarm to see a young possible sixteen year old girl run towards him screaming “I love you Nick! I love you and the Backstreet Boys! Oh my God, can I hug you, please?”

A burly guard grabs the young woman before she reached Aaron a few feet away. Two guards pull her away as Aaron watches amazed at this. “Hey whoa wait. She just wants a hug. It’s ok. I don’t mind.” Aaron whispers, his now deep voice resounded in his throat.

One of the guards nods his head, releases his grip on the young woman. The other guard lets her go as she runs up to Aaron with a grin on her face.

Aaron opens his arms and gently embraces the young woman who collapses in his arms as she faints.

Aaron laughs and shakes his head, he never knew his brother had such a power over such a young audience especially the women. He watches as the woman is carried away by one of the guards as Aarons sighs and settles down on a plush sofa waiting for Mr. Terry. He gulps and checks the time, it just turned ten on the dot and he knew it was gonna be a long day.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**