- Text Size +
Chapter 6

"I am really glad that you decided to give volunteering at the hospitle a chance." Anita told Kyndra as they walked to the elevator.

"Yeah, well I needed something to do with my time."

Anita rolled her eyes. Trust Kyndra to come up with something like this. Why didn't she just go shopping?

"Better than someone." Kyndra pointed out snickering.

Anita smacked her head as they got into the elevator. She just laughed.

We got up to my floor and I lead her into Aarons room. He and Nick were playing video games.

"Well here I am." Anita announced throwing her bag down. "And I brought a friend."

Nick and Aaron looked up. They looked at Kyndra and their jaws dropped. Anita shifted uneasily. She knew they were impressed by Kyndra's bust. Kyndra was very round at a cup C. Anita sighed silently to herself. She was a small cup A.

Kyndra didn't seem to notice though. She was a bit of a ditz so she just smiled brightly.

"Hey guys." She greeted cheerfully.

Anita felt strage seeing Aarons reaction to her best friend. She walked over with the bedpan.

"Here you go Aaron." Anita said placing it on him.

"I don't need to go to the bathroom."

"It's for your drool." She said glaring.

Nick looked at Anita, she didn't look like herself.

"Well Kyndra, the nurses station is down the hall. See you after work." Anita said.

When Kyndra was gone, both Nick and Aaron looked at her. They sensed that something was different about the way Anita was acting. Nick noticed that Anita refused to look at Aaron. Suddenly it hit him, was Anita jealous of the way Aaron reacted to her friend?

"So um Anita, do you want to play poker?" Aaron asked carefully.

"No."

Aaron glanced at Nick. Anita walked over to the chair next to the window and sat. She stared outside. She couldn't understand why she was so upset. It wasn't like her.

Nick sat next to her.

"Are you ok?" He asked her carefully.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You seem upset."

"I'm not!" She snapped.

"Give the kid a break he can't help himself ok." He whispered into her ear.

"What's your excuse." Asked darkly.

"Anita..."

She stood up.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Walked in.

She glanced at herself in the mirror. She hated her body, she hated how she looked she wished she could change it all.

"Whats wrong with her?" Aaron asked Nick a confused look on his face.

"Bro, just...forget it." Nick said feeling slightly annoyed. How dumb could his brother be?

Anita walked out again. Both Aaron and Nick were staring at her.

"Come on, let's play poker so I can kick your sorry ass." Anita said.

Aaron happily agreed but Nick still noticed that Anita wasn't exactly back to normal. He sighed, there was nothing that he could do so he sat to play.