- Text Size +
Chapter 2-> you again

“Hey Kait isn’t it?” Kevin asked me as he sat down and I looked up and saw him standing there well sitting there.
“Yeah…hey Kevin” I said opening the lid on my salad container.
“What do you not sleep or something?” he asked me.
“Nope sorry that word is not in my Vocabulary.” I said to him
“I remember those days” He said and then added
“have you started working on your album yet?” he asked

“Yeah…It’s finished…I have to carry it around every where to memorize all the lyrics to the songs.” I said

“Can I hear it?” he asked me.

“ Sure” I said handing my CD player over to him.
My track list goes like this
1. My Prerogative
2. Genie in a Bottle
3. final Heartbreak
4. a little bit
5. Angels
6. take my breath away
7. everywhere
8. all you wanted
9. goodbye to you
10. stuck
11. there’s got to be more to life
12. leave (get out)
13. breakaway
14. Is it the beat
He put it on and started listening to track number 8 my favorite song…it was written by an unknown singer named Michelle Branch…it’s on her debut album…

He flipped through the rest of the songs on the and he said

“There is a lot of fast songs on here…are you a dancer?” He asked me

“Since I was 2” I said before I took a swig of my Gatorade

He listened to a couple of more songs while I ate my salad. When I was done eating I through my trash away and came back and sat down.

“Hey Kait the studio is open down stairs if you want to practice…I heard about Darren today…” Valerie said coming over to me…great sympathy in front of this hot guy

“Yeah I think I will go down stairs” I said and then Got up

“Your welcome to come along Kevin I am just going to go to the dance studio to practice the dance to my upcoming Video” I told Kevin before throwing my towel into the bin

“Yeah I would love to get an inside look” he said getting up taking my headphones off and getting up and following me down stairs to the dance studio.

When we go down stairs Kevin had handed me back CD player. We went into the studio and I went over to the System and put my CD into the machine the next sound that came out were the sound of ‘my prerogative’. I grabbed the remote and went to sit down and stretch my body before I end up pulling a muscle.

I felt his eyes on me for a second and I just shook it off as him being bored out of his mined. When I finished getting all stretched out I stood up and restarted it.

I started up the dance sequence for the video…and I swear that he is lusting after me. So I add the more sexual version into it…and I know for sure that he is lusting after me…though I can not say that I don’t find him to be a total hottie.

Once I am done my dance I sit and then I hear my phone ring…so I whip it out of my pocket and answer it.

“Hello?” I ask because I don’t recognize the number and my mother is on the line
“Hi mom…new number?” she asked me
“Mom…mom…mom…you know what fuck you mother I am not a little girl anymore and I am not going back to apologize to Darren for walking out on him…fuck that.” I said and hung up on her…

“Let me guess your mother is your manager?” he asked me

“Yes unfortunately…If I knew any really great managers who deal with 16-year-olds I would totally switch…Johnny Wright doesn’t go against my mothers word so I can’t go to him” I said pissed off at my mother…

“Well hey Nick’s mom Jane is a good agent…if you want to talk to her let me know I could have her call you sometime.” He told me about Jane Carter and her work with Aaron, Nick’s little brother.

“ thanks I really hate having my mother as my manager…she is all business all the time and kills me…she used to be family oriented and was just a mother…now she is like I don’t care if your tired nobody got anywhere being tired.” I told him we got talking and I realized that he is not anything like my brother has said he is like.

Justin is going to hit the roof if he finds out that I am with Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys
“Well I got to go but uh my cell phone number is 813-647-7263 if Jane or you want to talk “Business”.” I said taking a piece of paper out of my CD player case.

We said our good byes and we went our separate ways