- Text Size +
Chapter Two

AJ nearly fell off the sofa when the bus screeched to a halt. Thanks to good equilibrium, he didn't. Howie wasn't as lucky, he fell butt first. Kevin, who was standing, knocked his head on the edge of a cabinet.

"What the fuck!" Kevin cursed as his hand went straight to the bump on his head.

"Nice fall Howie!" AJ laughed. Howie stood up rubbing his cheeks, ignoring AJ.

"Hey Joe, why are we stopping?" Kevin yelled.

"We're still in the middle of nowhere." AJ said to himself as he looked out and found more rows of trees.

Howie heard the door being opened and found it strange. Joe needed to pee? But we have a toilet in this damn bus. "Hey Rok, what's goin' on up there?"

Brian appeared seconds later, with four strangers. And one of them had a gun pointed to his head.

ררררר

Nick was having one of his bad days. The flu didn't go away as he had expected and a light headache was making its' presence known to him. Drowsy and tired, he decided to sleep all the way to New York.

He could still hear AJ whining when he got to his bunk and it was worsening his headache. He put on his headphones, System of A Down banging in his head, and drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

Nick felt the bus' sudden halt but ignored it. Flat tires, he assumed and shifted deeper into the bunk and dozed off. It's a wonder how he could do it easily while listening to heavy metal music, but he did.

ררררר

"Sorry to crash in like this but we need a ride." The man who was pointing the gun at Brian said with a smirk. AJ, Howie and Kevin froze.

"Don't let us stop you from sitting down." Another man said, pointing his gun at them, motioning them to sit.

"Ted, tell that old goat to start driving or I'll blow his brains out!" The man with Brian instructed one of them. 'Ted' walked away and seconds later, after some abusive shouting, the bus started again.

"This is a very comfortable bus, you people famous or something?" The man next to Kevin asked.

"Sort of." Kevin replied.

"Great, more stuff to take." The man replied, smiling.

"Nice move Kev." AJ whispered.

Brian saw one of the men heading to the back of the bus, and he remembered Nick. "There's nothing back there, just our instruments!" Brian shouted.

He felt a sharp pain on the back of his head and before he could register what had happened, he blacked out.

"No more shit or you'll get it too!" The man who had struck the gun at the back of Brian's head shouted to Howie, AJ and Kevin.

"Stop snooping around Matt; just take care of the goods."

"Oh come on Brad, we could get more from 'em. They're famous people you know." 'Matt' said.

"I don't give a fuck who they are, just stop being a prick." Brad ordered. Matt gave up, much to the boys' relief.

"He must be dead asleep." Howie whispered and AJ nodded discreetly.

Kevin pulled his cousin to his side. He felt something moist on his hand and pulled it out from under him. Blood.

"Oh God, Brian, wake up." Kevin whispered as he wiped the blood away on his shirt.

AJ grabbed a towel on the sofa and quickly passed it to Kevin. "Here, quick, stop the bleeding."

"Oh man, I can't handle blood." Howie whimpered.

"Come on B, wake up." Kevin whispered loudly.

"Can you shut up! I'm counting here!" The fourth man shouted at them. He was counting bundles and bundles of money from a black bag. Robbers! Kevin thought to himself. We're the hostages? How did that happen?