- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Thirteen- Confessions~**



He walks into the room as Kevin comes up to him and smiles. Placing his arm around A.J. shoulders, Kevin gathers the others around him.



“Ok, guys, check it. It’s Howie’s turn to watch the slayer. A.J. did she give you any problems?” Kevin asks curiously.



“Nope, none at all. She’s a bit bitter that’s all. Oh, and she can’t stand me.” A.J. says smiling innocently.



Laughing Brian states, “Oh come on A.J. I’m sure she can’t wait to get her hands on you.”



A.J. mumbles, “Hmm, more than one way I’m sure.”



“What, what was that?” Nick asks. “Care to repeat that.”



A.J. rolling his eyes, shrugs his shoulders, “Nothing, I said nothing.”



Kevin shrugs his shoulders and pulls Brian out the door of the room, “Come on, we have an interview in about a half an hour, let’s go. I’ll meet the rest of ya in the limo in ten minutes k.” With that he leaves the room and shuts the door.



Howie looks at Nick and then at A.J. “Is something bothering you?” He asks gently.



A.J. shakes his head no, and lets his eyes scroll the floor.



“You know you’re a bad liar.” Howie continues talking, patting A.J. on the shoulder.



A.J. smiles, “You know I can tell you anything right?”



Howie nods, “That’s right bro. Look I know something’s bugging you, tell me.”



A.J. opens his mouth to tell him about the sticky situation with the slayer and how he feels when suddenly Howie’s cell starts ringing.



“Listen tell me later, ok. I gotta take this call.” Howie states quickly rushing out the room. Nick who is sitting down nearby in the room listened to everything that was being said.



“You can tell me. What’s the problem?” Nick asks excitedly, his blue eyes big and wide, shining with a glow like a child on Christmas morning. Laughing A.J. grabs onto Nick’ s arm and pushes him to a chair.



“Ok, look if I tell you something, will you keep your mouth shut?” A.J. states.



Nick nods his head quickly, “Yeah, you can trust me.” A.J. looks around the room and takes a deep breath.



“Ok, you know as part vampires, we shouldn’t normally have a conscious right.” A.J. states.



Nick nods and waits for A.J. to continue. A smile plastered across his face. “Is this about the slayer?” Nick says suddenly turning serious.



Taking a deep breath, A.J. nods his head.



Nick feels something very wrong, and knowing what it could, he asks what he dreaded to hear. “You feel something for Trinity don’t you?”



A.J. mouth drops open, “Is that wrong?”



Nick’s playful blue eyes, turn a shade darker as anger rises in him. “How can you fall for her? She plans to kill us and you care for her! That’s very wrong!! What the hell did she do to you in there? I can’t believe this. I’m telling Kevin. We should just get rid of her now. The faster the better.”



A.J. getting furious, slams Nick onto the doorframe of the open door leading outside of the hotel.



“OW! Bastard, what’s your problem? Dammit, calm down!” Nick shouts out in pain. Nick pulls at A.J. left hand and shows A.J. the engagement ring.



A.J. walks away from Nick, throwing his hands in the air as he looked lost. “Sorry bro, sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” He states running his fingers through his hair nervously.



“Doesn’t she mean anything to you?” Nick shouts referring to the ring.



A.J. backs away from Nick and smiles, “I love Sarah more than anything, and you know that. Sarah is my world. Don’t you ever question my commitment to her. I’m just telling you what I feel at this point about the slayer.”



Nick smiles, “Well, I just wanted to know where you are standing with this whole emotional feeling with her and the slayer. As for our conscious, we aren’t suppose to have one. How do you think we kill so many people and not feel regret from it? It’s because we don’t really have that.”



“How do you explain how I feel about my fiancé? I mean I really do love her.” A.J. asks.



Nick shrugs his shoulders, “I guess you’re just getting too human for me. Interesting how you state you don’t like being part of the race yet you let it’s feelings control you. I mean just look at Kevin and Brian, love is something that gets in the way and can be distracting. Yet it’s one of strongest forces around. Messed up isn’t.” Nick states.



A.J. looks at Nick letting the comment sink in.



Gripping his arm in pain, Nick glares at A.J. “Should I remind you what happened to me? Because of her, look at my arms!” Rolling up his sleeves, he shows A.J. the wounds on his arms wrapped up in cloth. The cuts were healing nicely but it still hurts him.



“Your right, maybe I just feel bad for her for the stuff we’re putting her through. But she deserves it right?” A.J. says unsure for the first time about how he should feel.



Nick nods, “That’s right, that’s the A.J. we need right now.” He smiles and grabs A.J. arm, “Let’s go before Kevin has an attack of some kind.” Laughing, both men head out the door. But somehow A.J. wasn’t so sure how his feelings for the slayer can change.

~*~



Howie enters the hidden room below the hotel where the slayer is staying. He just got back from the interview and now it was his turn to watch the slayer. “Boy, this will be fun” Howie mutters sarcastically. Glancing around in the hallways to make sure it’s deserted; he takes out the key to open the room. Creaking slightly, the metal door opens revealing the slayer in a better condition but still immobile lying on the bed. He closes the door quietly and grabs a wooden chair to sit down. Once settled down, he looks over at Trinity and sees her sleeping calmly.



She is beautiful. Howie thinks to himself. Normally he couldn’t stand the sight of a slayer but somehow Trinity has grown on him. Something about her, not sure what it is that I can somehow put up with her. Howie stares off to the window not noticing the slayer had awaken.



She stares at him lazily and a small smile plays on her face. He seems worried about something. Her eyes look at him examining his body, his beautiful tan complexion, his face full of concern and gentleness consumes him. His short wavy hair blows gently with the breeze coming from the small open window.



She stretches out her hand to his arm, and he jolts from the sudden touch.



“What the hell are you doing in here?” She asks angrily.



“Came to watch you.” Howie says eyeing her moves on the bed.



“I’m not a freaking child for you to look after me!” Trinity shouts annoyed by his company.



“I personally could care less what the hell is your problem. I’m just doing my job. If you’re nice I might not kill you sooner than you think.” Howie states quietly letting his eyes fall on her chocolate eyes.



She sighs and looks towards the bathroom, “Well, since you’re here then help me get off the bed.”



Howie nods and gently grabs her arms pulling her up off the bed. She starts walking to the bathroom in terrible pain. Limping, she carefully walks, her ragged breathing coming out shallow through the intense pain in her. The shocking ache consumes her ribs and her sides feel like they will explode at any minute. Struggling to the bathroom, she shakes horribly to get there. Howie immediately runs to her side guiding her to the bathroom.



“Get your hands off me!” Trinity shouts.



Howie backs away, “K, I was just gonna help you.” He stands nearby in case she fell.



“I don’t need your help. Go sit over there if you must.” Trinity mumbles pointing to the chair near the bed. Howie looks over to her as she heads into the bathroom.



Closing the door behind her, Trinity undresses and goes into the shower. After the warm water relieves her aching bones and calms her down, she gets out and dresses into a white tank top and white pants. It seemed recently the guys are bringing her clothing to constantly change into, mainly the clothes were white. Unusual for them, who wear dark colors, to supply her with bright clothing. She herself preferred darker clothing. She felt wearing these light clothes were making her stand out.



I’m sure that’s what they want. In case I manage to escape, it’ll be easy to track me down and find me in such bright clothes. Trinity thinks to herself as she opens the bathroom door. Stepping outside, she sees Howie standing next to the door waiting for her to come out.



“Hello there sunshine, I was getting worried about you. Need help getting back to the bed?” Howie says politely.



Grumbling, she nods as he leads her to the bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she stares at Howie. “Why don’t you just kill me already? Hell, if I had the chance to be in the position you’re in, I would have killed ya a long time ago.”



Howie shakes his head, “See that’s too easy. We have a little plan with you. I wanna make sure we all have a chance to see how the slayer really fights before we get rid of you. It’s sad really that it had to come this way. All our past enemies have been in the same predicament as you’re in and died trying to live the tale. Sorry that it has to end this way.”



Trinity nods her head, “Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself.” She states with confidence.



Howie looks at her and his heart beats just a little faster, his hands begin to get clammy and he seems a little nervous. Can you blame the man? Trinity looks beautiful like an angel dressed in white. Her black locks are spread around her shoulders giving her a radiance appearance. The large white lily in her hair gives her a gentle facade. Her soft caramel complexion sparkles and her full red lips shines in the sunlight.



Wiping his hands on the side of his jeans, he gets up slowly from the chair. “Listen Trinity, my time is almost up, Kevin is gonna be here in a few minutes. If you need anything, just call me.”



Trinity stares at the man and nods her head in understanding. Howie looks at Trinity and leans in close to her to wipe a stray hair from her face. Inches away from her face, he smiles and gently kisses her forehead.



“Sleep well angel.” Howie states. Kevin enters the room and Howie looks back at her one more time. It’s funny how he didn’t like her at all one point, now he likes her completely even if she has a little attitude problem. He never felt this way for any woman.



Damn! How was he gonna explain to the others that he just fell in love with her. No one knows yet, and he wasn’t planning on telling anyone except maybe A.J. “I wonder how he will react to the fact that I actually care for her even though I claim to desire wanting to kill her. I don’t want her to die, I want to be a part of her life. She doesn’t deserve this punishment, she didn’t ask to be born this way. Maybe I can talk with her about something. Can I convince her to join me and the others? I don’t know, I guess I’ll see.”

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**