- Text Size +
Thanks for reading and please try to review when done. Sorry if this chapter is a bit long, I just want to get detailed in what’s happening.



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter fourteen- Twisted minds~**



Opening her eyes to the small plain white room she’s been in for days, she noticed piercing green eyes staring above her. Lying on the bed on her back, the large figure of the man leans over her. She can feel pain like electricity rushing up on her. Glancing down to her chest, her shirt was ripped open and a long streak of blood leaks out in the middle of her chest. Cringing in pain, she sees Kevin trailing a small knife down her vulnerable skin cutting her flesh along the way. She tries moving around only to find herself immobile, hands and feet tied to the sides of the bed.



“STOP!! What are doing to me? STOP!!” She screeches in pain.



Kevin looks at her, a small smile on his lips. His short spiky black hair shines from the bright sunlight entering the room. Placing his finger over his lips, he responds softly, “Shhh, don’t make too much noise. I see what you’re doing to the others. I came to put a stop to it.”



Confusion ran through her body, as she arches in pain, “What the hell are you talking about? I can rarely move around, and you’re saying I’m doing something to those punk friends of yours. I suggest you get your facts straight before coming in here to cut me up!” She screams out.



Kevin smiles and settles down on the chair besides her bed. Placing the knife on the nightstand near the bed, he talks quietly examining her body. “You think you can go around and have my boys fall in love with you like it’s some kind of game. You’re messing with the wrong people.” Standing up and leaning down on her, his face only inches away from her, he smirks, “Really, Trinity, stop doing that.”



Trinity upset, grunts and shouts, “Your friends like me?” she asks in disgust.



Kevin laughing, nods his head, “Unfortunately, and that’s not a good thing. I came here to teach you a lesson. Maybe the next time they see you, they’ll come to their senses after they see you all cut up. They’ll change their mind about liking you then.” His low voice rasps sending chills down her back.



Trinity sighs heavily, “God just kill me already! Just being with these guys is torturing as it is!” Trinity shouts looking up at the ceiling of the room.



Kevin laughs and grabs the knife immediately placing it near her cheek. “God can’t help you now. Be nice and don’t say naughty things. Xavier talked like that and look at what happened to him.”



Suddenly as he said that, it hit a nerve when he mentioned Xavier and she can feel her heart rate pick up. Using the little strength she manages to gather from resting, she rips the ropes off her hands and feet. Swinging her legs to kick him, she manages to kick him on his left temple. Standing there in shock, pain clouds over his eyes as the knife falls out of his hands.



“OW, you little wench!” He says touching his head gingerly. Rolling off the bed, Trinity rolls away from Kevin as he walks around the bed to get to her. His eyes full of rage, gleam manically and the window in the room blows a rough breeze billowing his long black coat behind him. He looks so violent and slowly she can see the fangs merge from his mouth. The sunlight strikes the teeth giving it a glow. She had to admit, he is attractive even if he is her enemy.



He smiles and leans down grapping on Trinity’s ankles, “This should teach you a lesson, you little witch.” Suddenly he drags her as she screams out in pain. He drags her across the room on her back while she tries to pry away from his firm grip. She stretches her hands out to the floor as she tries to grabs for something, anything to stop him from pulling her. Finally Kevin stopped in front of the room and opened what seems like a closet.



Kevin glares at her, “You caused me enough problems for today, I’m gonna lock you up. No one will find you, I’m sure if I lock the door.” He reaches for Trinity and roughly grabs her, pushing her into the wide closet full of clothes, towels, and strange machines she never seen before.



“Stay quiet and I might let you out of there.” Kevin snarls.



Without holding back, Trinity has taken enough abuse from this man, she whispers violently, “Make me.”



“Alright” Kevin says calmly as he slams her face against the side of the door causing her lips to bleed. He throws her in the room and slams the door. She lies curled in a ball as she hears the door lock. She’s locked in and she doesn’t know what to do. All her hope vanished now. “I don’t think I’m gonna make it out of here alive. Sorry Xavier, for letting you down.” She wraps her arms around her clutched knees and cries letting her tears splash down.

~*~



Silence loomed in the room for what seemed like minutes until she hears the front door being opened. Trinity hugs herself thinking it must be Kevin coming back to finish off the job. The closet door swings open as soft chocolate eyes stare at her. “I’m so sorry for what happened. I can help you if you trust me?” A.J. says. She sniffs and held back more tears that were falling down her face.



“You think I’m stupid! The minute I get out, I’m sure you got you’re friends waiting out there to kill me. That’s ok, I think I’m more safer in here.” Trinity says softly in anger.



His eyes revealed the gentleness in him. Stretching out his hand towards her, he says quietly, “I know you feel you can’t trust anyone, but I found a way for you to escape this room. Don’t you wanna get out of here, away from them, the pain, the anger. Then come take my hand and I can lead you out. The others don’t know about what happened to you. I heard you screaming when Kevin was here. I manage to grab the key when he wasn’t paying attention. Come let’s go!” He whispers.



“Why do you wanna help me? Don’t you wanna see me die like all the other slayers in the past? I know Kevin and Howie do, why help?” She asks sadly.



A.J. grabs her gently and brings her out of the closet. “Because I care about you.”



That sure surprised her, of course she wasn’t gullibly and wasn’t gonna fall for his antics. “Sure you do.” She mumbles.



A.J. hears that and smiles, “I know it’s hard for you to believe, but I like you a lot. I don’t wanna see you hurt no more. So I’m doing you a favor and letting you go.”



Trinity smiles and curls in his arms as her body cringes in pain. “You do know I have to kill all of you. I can’t let any of you leave. So stop being so nice. I might feel bad trying to kill you.”



A.J. replies and smiles all the while, “I understand you must kill me, it’s your job. So I’ll forgive you.” Laughing he places Trinity in his arms and opens the front door. Taking a deep breath, he looks at her eyes, “Ready?”



Trinity nods slowly and notices how nervous he is. Should I trust him? How do I know he isn’t lying to me? Will he hurt me? She feels the warmth coming from him as she breathes in his sweet scent of cologne and soap. Gripping her arms over his shoulders she holds onto him as he leaves that torture room behind. In the deserted hallway, his steps echoes, resounding off the walls. He’s nervous! Nervous of what? She thinks. He reaches the end of the hallway and starts up the stairs leading to a large door.



“Wait put me down!” Trinity yells out feeling anxious, she knew something bad was behind that door. She didn’t want to go through there.



“The exits this way” A.J. whispers, his eyes nervously looking around the area.



Shaking her head, she backs away from him. Something is not right, she can sense it. Limping back, she topples on the hard beige floor. Her body screams out in pain as she tries moving away from A.J. A.J. quickly rushes over to her with concern on his face. He lifts her up softly as she tries getting out of his arms.



“Please, please tell me what’s wrong?” A.J. asks, his brown eyes concerned through his lightly tinted sunglasses.



“Something is wrong behind that door. Why should I go there? You wanna hurt me!” She shouts at him.



Shaking his head, he looks at her eyes, “I don’t wanna see you get hurt, I’m trying to get you out. There should be nothing behind that door. Everyone else left. I checked before hand.” He states quietly.



Sniffing, she looks at his eyes and felt the strong urge of trusting him. Her body gives up and she lies in his arms waiting for him to move. She nods her head, “Ok” she squeaks out.



He opens the large door, and there in front of him and her, were the other four day walkers examining them.



Nick steps up and smiles, “It’s about time you got her. You had us waiting for a half an hour dude.”



Kevin leers in the back laughing, “Surprise Trinity! I’m so happy you can join us.”



The soft blue eyes look at her, Brian leans close to the slayer, “Wow, you really are hurt. I didn’t think you could still be in pain. Oh well, I’m sure you won’t be able to tell the difference when we beat you.” With that he laughs.



She looks up at A.J. with a deep desire to rip his body apart. “I can’t believe this. I knew I shouldn’t trust you! You just want to see me dead.”



The hurt look passed from A.J.’s face as a small smile spread across his face. “You’re right! I can’t blame you for trusting me though. I can be pretty convincing. See Nick help me realize something about you. You’re a slayer, you’ll always hate us no matter the deal. I thought I really cared for you but you can’t stand me. I killed your dog and I killed Xavier. The thing is, I enjoyed it and you will never accept me because of that. Sorry!” A.J. says his hands lie onto his side as Nick held her in his arms.



“I should’ve known better, you’re just a weakling like the others.” Trinity sneers out.



Nick laughs heartily as he grabs Trinity, “I think it’s time we head out.”



Kevin laughs and leads the way out the hotel in to the bright sunlight.



Brian walks besides Nick, whispering to Trinity, “We have a fun surprise for you my dear Trinity. You get the chance to play with us and fight. If you are really good, we might go gentle on you.”



Trinity snarls and tries swinging at Brian and Nick. “Watch it, I can drop you and step on you.” Growls Nick. They all walk into a barely lit gymnasium used in the hotel. It was deserted because it was being reconstructed. The large high wooden benches stretch out to the ceilings and the cracked floors creaked whenever a step was taken. The dusty smoke rose making it difficult to breathe properly. Coughing started as the dust rises in to everyone’s noses.



“Great idea to pick this place, D. It’s looks terrible.” Kevin states, glaring at Howie.



Howie lifts his hands in the arm, “Well, you said find a place to go so we won’t be disturbed. If you don’t like it, then find your own area.” Howie grumbles, kicking up more dust into the air.



Brian’s eyes glow brilliantly as he races out the door, pointing to something outside. “You guys, check this out, we can go in there for us to do this.”



The others race out to see Brian pointing to an old graveyard. “Perfect. That way Trinity is close to dead and we can bury her when we’re done.” Says Kevin, laughing. The others join in except Howie.



Trinity looks at Howie strangely and noticed a strange thing in his eyes. Her strength was slowly coming back and along with it the ability to read into people’s heart. Oh, man, he really does care for me. All that acting tough is to hide his true feelings from me. Can he help me? She thinks trying to see how she can use this to help her.

~*~

She was back in the closet only this time in a different room. The room was now a larger white carpeted area used for lounging around. She can hear the five voices speaking excitedly about a concert that they will do the following day. The closet was over stacked with clothes as she lies on the cold hard floor of it. She brushes away some of the clothes lying near by on the floor while she strains to hear the conversation occurring outside. Her hand brushes pass her swollen lips as some blood smears across her fingers.



In a few minutes she hears the voices disappear and a few steps stopping near the closet. She sees the shadow of figure. However it seemed to be only one person that was left in the room, she hugs herself and reaches for a screwdriver she found in the back of the closet. The old wooden door creaks open and chocolate eyes peered in. She can hear the figure take a deep breath as he searches through the clothes to find Trinity.



Smiling, Howie places a small towel over her cut lips. “We have to stop that bleeding, I don’t want you losing blood.”



“Why do you care? I’ll be dead in a few, didn’t you hear Kevin.” Trinity states seriously.



Howie looks at her and for a moment she thought she saw tears in his eyes. “I won’t let that happen, I’ll make sure of that.” Howie smiles sadly. Pulling the small towel away from her hurt lips, he smiles, “There, much better. Look I know I’m not supposed to be here, but if you’re hungry, let me know now.”



Trinity nods, “Yeah, after going two days without food, you tend to get hungry.” She states smiling.



“At least I know you still have a good sense of humor.” Howie states. “Look I’ll be back with some food, here take this for now.” A small glass bottle of blood was contained in it. “You can keep it, it’s yours.” Howie states happily. “I’ll be back quick, give me a couple of minutes, k. I’ll see ya in a few.” With that he closes the closet door and she hears the lock turn.



Maybe I can get out of here after all, maybe there is hope. She thinks to herself. Smiling she stares at the ceiling and begins singing one of Xavier’s favorite songs.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**