- Text Size +
Enjoy and try review when done. K ‘til later bye!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Fifteen- Can’t Hide From You~**



The closet door opens quietly after an hour, awakening Trinity from a fitful sleep. She grabs a screwdriver ready to strike. The bottle of blood given to her was emptied. She drank it but only made the hunger worse.



Sighing, Howie peers his head in the closet, “Sorry I took so long, I ran into one of the guys and he wanted to talk. But I remembered you and rush over to give you some food.” Placing a paper plate with rice, chicken and salad, he hands it over to Trinity. “Hope it’s not cold, if it is I can heat it up.” Howie says shyly.



Trinity smiles and takes the plate of food from his. She lets her hunger take over as she devours the plate immediately. Licking her lips, she grins to Howie. “Oh, yeah that hits the spot. Thanks, I forgot what food taste like.”



Howie smiles and reaches for Trinity, “I’m getting you out of here.”



Trinity moves into the back of closet shaking her head vigorously trying to get away from his hand. “No, don’t touch me! A.J. said the same thing, and look what happened. I don’t wanna see your psychotic friends right now.” She states nervously as her chest sends pain running down her body. “Ouch!” She screams out.



Howie has a confused look across his face, yet its filled with compassion, “I understand where you comin’ from, but I’m not A.J. and if you want, you yourself can come out of the closet and see that it’s just me in the room.” He steps away from the closet and waits to see if she will come out the closet.



She nervously looks around and takes a deep breath, still holding onto the screwdriver she just found a while before, she crawls out of the closet. Slowly, she examines the empty room and sees Howie sitting in a white leather sofa near a large glass pane window facing a beautiful horizon and the city below.



“What’s the deal? Your friends are waiting outside of this room to get me, or better yet they’re hiding in here somewhere ready to come kill me. Really Howie, tell me what I should I be expecting from you. Cause, like the others you can’t wait to get rid of me.” Trinity states with anger in her voice. She wobbles a little as she stands up and walks near Howie showing him the weapon in her hands.



Howie stands up nervously and calmly responds, “If you’re gonna kill me then go ahead, it’s just me and you. I’m not here to harm you in any way. Whether you believe me or not it’s up to you. I can get you to go to a house that I bought not that long ago and stay in it for awhile. You can be safe there, the others won’t think of checking or even going to the place. Look, please I’m just trying to get you out...”



Trinity interrupted him quickly, “I’m not liking this whole ‘let’s be nice to the slayer’ thing. I’m tired of being pushed around by all of you. And I’m supposed to trust you on what basis? You can’t stand me! You told me yourself how you realize I’m gonna die and there’s nothing I can do about it. All the slayers have died similarly and I’m gonna be the next one to add to your little sick record. I’m sure I’m number ten or something like that.” She glares at him and hobbles over to a sofa.



Howie sighs, “Actually you would have been number six, but that’s not important.” He covers his ears as Trinity yells at him.



“Oh, I’m sorry, my back, I’m number freakin’ six, what joy, that helps a whole hell of a lot now, doesn’t it!” She states getting upset. Suddenly as all the events took its toll on her, she breaks down and cries tears of pain, of loss, desperation and loneliness. Her cool tears trace down her face and her shoulders shake. She feels warmth as Howie’s arms pulls her into a tight hug. She cried for a while just releasing all the agony she had pent up. Feeling better, after the cry, she looks up in his face and notices a stray tear rolling down his face.



Sniffing, she pushes him away and stares at him, “What’s your problem, why you crying?”



Shrugging his shoulders, he responds quietly, “Just seeing you so sad and helpless, brought tears to my eyes. Look, I can take you to the house, I’ll tell the others you manage to escape the closet and left the hotel. And that no one has seen where you went.”



Trinity stares at him and feels a warm feeling running through him. She can sense from him that he really cares for her and loves her. She knows he really does what to help her, but to what extend. She’ll let her intuition be the judge of that.

~*~



Howie gently takes her hand and leads her into the nice comfortable house. She goes to a sofa and sits down painfully. The house was beautiful with a grand white staircase leading to the upstairs. The walls are a mahogany color and the furniture is a soft leather white color. Along the walls are pictures of him and his family along with the group. She scrolls her eyes along the stereo and entertainment system, it was large and a music fanatics dream. Next to the stereo system, a mahogany dresser full of pictures of his family and many music awards align the top of the shelves of the dresser. A crystal chandelier hung above them. In other words Trinity was in awe of the house.



Suddenly Howie disturbed the quiet, “I have some medicine that can help ease some of the pain. He grabs two Tylenol pills and gives it to her. “I know it’s not much but it can ease some of the pain.” He states softly.



Smiling gently, she gulps down the pills and lies down on the sofa.



“You can make yourself comfortable; I still have the clothes we found you in before the incident.” He states pointing over to some small folded black clothing, sitting on top of a dresser in the living room. “I gotta head back to the hotel, the others will be looking for me, don’t worry about anyone coming in here. I’ll keep them distracted. You can leave when you’re ready. Just wait until I come back here, then you can go. So I’ll guess, I’ll see you later then. Please take care. I’m gonna help you, don’t worry.” With that, he leans over and gently kisses her cheek before leaving and closing the front door.

~*~



She gets up from the sofa and makes her way to the beautiful earth toned color bathroom. The soft lights on the ceiling twinkled, giving the bathroom a peaceful feeling. She decides to clean up and get ready. She doesn’t know when the fight will begin but she must be prepared for it at all times.



Stepping into the cold porcelain bathtub, she turns on the handles and the warm water cascade down her back. Sighing in deep relief, she lets her insecurities get washed away along with her pain. The deep gash down her chest and stomach is slowly healing, yet it stings as the water touches it. She closes her eyes as the water relaxed her tension. She hears the front door to the house open. Wow, he must have forgotten something. She wonders as the water continues splashing down on her. Her black locks hung around her shoulders as she leans on the wall loving the water on her. She can hear a voice, although not clearly, calling out for someone. He must be calling me. Well, I’m busy in the bathroom, he’ll get the drift, I’m busy.



She smelled something funny as the water was running down her back. Keeping her eyes close, she figured, hey it’s a guys bathroom, Lord only knows why it smells like that. The smell was near by her, almost like on her somehow. She opens her eyes to see a trail of red liquid running down her body instead of water. The water had somehow changed into blood!



Screaming, she gets out of the bathtub in terror. What the hell, blood coming from the shower. This doesn’t make sense. She wonders and she cleans herself off, taking off as much of the blood off her as she can.



“This man is sick” She mumbles as she turns off the water. Again she hears a voice from far off. Shrugging her shoulders, she begins to get angry, thinking she came to get cleaned in the bathroom but instead came out more dirty than before. She looks in the mirror and combs out her black curls. Pinning it, in a messy bun, some strands fall off the side of her neck. Her brown eyes wide search the bathroom as she hears the voice coming closer. Suddenly the bathroom door opens, as a man stares at her nude body.



His eyes grow wide and his mouth hangs opens as he stares at the nude slayer. “Oh, what the hell are you doing here!” A.J. shouts.



Trinity wasn’t expecting this at all, she thought Howie said the guys don’t really know this place. “Who let you in?” She stutters in surprise as she feels his eyes piercing her body.



“Um, well, um, see, I , ah, had to get something from his house, cause I ah, left something a while back and ah, I, um thought I should come pick it up. He told me a while back that he usually has um, a, extra key, ah, lying around. ” Speaks the very nervous A.J. He begins blushing as he steps out of the bathroom. “I thought, he was in here. But as I can tell, I guess I was wrong.”



Trinity smiles, laughing at the nervous wreck of the day walker in front of her. “Gimme some privacy at least will ya?” She states feeling embarrassed suddenly. A.J. nods his head and still in shock closes the bathroom door behind him. Quickly getting dressed in her black attire, she steps out the room. A.J. somehow disappeared, he wasn’t anywhere in the living room. She continues her gaze and searches for the vampire around the house. She grabs the only weapon she had on her, the screwdriver and walks around the large living room.



He must be hiding, if he left the house, she would have heard the door close. Her eyes look around waiting for A.J. to jump out from behind. She walk towards a full length mirror and stares at it. She can see what seems like someone hiding from behind her near the corner of the room. Grinning evilly, she let her eyes search for the day walker. Softly, she calls out, “A.J. come out, come out, wherever you are. You can’t hide from me.” She hears a loud rustle coming from the backyard. Calmly walking there, she lets her eyes roam the area. The yard had an enormous pool and Jacuzzi. Hearing a splash coming from the pool, she heads towards the pool. Her body was healing quickly at this point, and she was running on adrenaline. Looking in the pool, she sees A.J. swimming underwater. Staring at him, she sees him suddenly coming out splashing water on her. He pushes her back, as she stumbles into the pool. A.J. dives in the water and grabs her by the hair pulling her underwater. Holding the screwdriver, Trinity decides to use it and pushes it into his thigh.



He screams out as blood begins leaking out. He holds her underwater now even longer and begins striking her on her back. She takes the screwdriver and decides to do the unthinkable. Shoving the screwdriver towards his private area, she pushes away from him, taking a deep breath and getting out of the pool. A.J. immediately jumps out the pool and runs after her limping.



“OW! Dammit, Do you have any idea how much that crap hurts. You just hurt little Johnny! You better hope it still works!” He screams in pain clutching his thigh and private area. His black jeans and black tank top were thoroughly soaked and the jeans were slowly changing from black to a dark black red from the blood. He drops to his knees and throws a knife towards her knees. The blade goes through her leg as she screams out and lands on the hard pebbled concrete.



She was in terrible pain as A.J. struggles to get up off the floor. She has to defend herself against him and trying desperately to ignore the pain coming from her body, she manages to get up. She stares into the chocolate eyes from her enemy, he tries walking stumbling in pain towards her direction laughing all the while.



“A.J. prepare to see death, what you did to Xavier will be avenged!” She screams out. Running towards him with renewal strength, she slams him onto the ground. Straddled on his chest she punches with all her might, hoping to kill him there. A.J. throws her off him as she lies on the ground in terrible pain.



Clutching his thigh, he makes his way towards her. She stares up at him and sees she had manage to bust his lips. She smiles at that, knowing the others will see the damage done on him. He grabs her right leg and suddenly the metal rings on his fingers produce five small blades. She watched as he tries to shove the blades into her leg. She swings her other leg, hitting his groin area causing him to scream out and collapse on the ground. She realized he was losing a lot of blood and that brought joy to her face.



“You deserve what’s happening to you.” She mutters to him as he lies on his back. She leans close to him laughing all the way. “You look beautiful when you’re in pain. Did any one tell you that?” She says grinning enjoying the pain A.J. was enduring.



Suddenly her expression changed as she realized he was crying, “What’s your problem? Ashamed a woman killed your scrawny behind.”



He whimpers in pain, “Please I don’t wanna die. I’m so sorry for what I did to you. Please don’t let me die.” He reaches for her hand as she swipes it away. “I was only doing what Kevin wanted. Please! Please help me!! I don’t wanna die!!” With that he begins crying. She stares at the tortured man as pain consumed her body. Lying next to him, she cries out in pain as the cuts on her back begin bleeding profusely. A.J. looks at her face from next to her and his tears drip off to the ground mixing with the blood coming from his and Trinity’s.



“Trinity can you forgive me?” He asks softly.



She looks into his eyes, today there were no sunglasses blocking his chocolate eyes. Clutching the screwdriver in her hand, she knew A.J. was just trying to pass nice with her. It wasn’t working. He meant killing Xavier, her dog, and now almost her, she wasn’t gonna fall for it.



“No” She mutters slamming the screwdriver down his chest, he screams and moves away from her. Clutching his chest, he gets up from the ground, staring at her, he screams tons of obscenities before passing out from the lack of blood he was losing.



She closes her eyes as pain consumes her body. She stares at A.J. on the ground and she feels herself passing out from the intense pain in her body. Wonder what Howie will think of this mess? She thinks before blacking out.

~**~

**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**