- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Sixteen- Where the heart lies~**



Nick leans near the bed where A.J. is on, he tries to see if A.J. is awake by waving his hands over Alex’s face. A.J.’s eyes flew open and glanced at the younger man.



“Damn, what the hell happened?” A.J. mutters as he gently places his hands over his thigh. He feels his fangs protruding out his mouth as he craves for some living substance. He was covered in either his own dry blood or someone else’s and the feeling of dry blood on his body arouses his hunger.



“We put you in Howie’s tub filled with blood, that’s why you feel better and woke up.” Kevin says already knowing what A.J. must be thinking about.



Somehow A.J. was bandaged on his thigh and his groin area. Wearing only blue boxers, A.J. was bandaged with thin cotton materials and surrounded by used gauzes near his legs. He had stopped bleeding and was now waiting to get replenished.



“Bro, why am I not in the hospital for this? I’m all hurt and this is the best you can do?” A.J. states, cringing in pain to the guys.



“Sorry Alex, no can do. Forgot what you are day walker? You lost blood, we’re gonna help you get some back and put it in your body. Just chill out on Howie’s bed for now.” Brian states grabbing a chair and sitting next to him near the bedside.



A.J.’ s eyes grew narrow and he looks at Kevin who’s staring out the window. “Kev, is she died? Did I kill her?” He states anxiously.



Shaking his head no, Kevin walks to the bedside and leans down wiping off some dry blood on A.J.’s face. “No, you hurt her good enough, but she’s not dead.”



“I assume the plan is working out well then right?” A.J. whispers quickly.



Brian nods his head excitedly, “Yup, Howie’s with her right now. I hope he can finish pulling the plan through right.” His blue eyes shine with a special glow, twinkling innocently.



“You think she suspects anything?” Nick asks curiously, his deep blue eyes staring at Brian.



Brian shakes his head, “Nope, none at all. What can I say about Howie, he’s a genius. Trust me Nick, he’ll pull the plan off successfully.”



“We never did this before, I’m just a little antsy about this whole thing we’re trying to pull off. This better be worth it through, Little A.J. was almost at danger.” A.J. states with a small smile.



“Relax Bro, you wore the stupid cup, you were protected, so just stop it. You lucky that’s all she felt like stabbing you at.” Kevin says leaning his back on a sofa as he stares out the window.



Brian and Nick laugh at that and all take a deep breath waiting for when Howie will return from the hospital.

~*~



She opens her eyes and realizes what happened, she’s in the hospital for almost dying in Howie’s backyard. She didn’t know how she should feel about Howie. Trusting him already caused her problems, just look where she’s at now.



“Hey sunshine, you’re awake. I’m so glad to see you’re ok. Do you want me to get you anything?” Howie asks gently running his fingers through her long black curls. She cringes in pain shaking her head and looks around the small hospital room.



“How did you find me?” She quietly asks, as Howie continues smoothing her by caressing her hair gently. She didn’t want him touching her, but she was in too much pain to move away from his hand.



“You were in bad shape. I got you here immediately. I wanted to make sure you weren’t dying on me. I found you in my back yard passed out. It looks like you got in a fight with A.J. while in the process. How did that come about?” Howie asks concerned.



Glaring at him, she shakes her head slowly, “Somehow he knows where you live and decided to stop by. He knows about where you have an extra key and everything. I thought you said the guys don’t know about your place.” She states eerily calmly.



Howie looks at her, “He’s my best friend, so of course he knows where I live. He was the one that suggested getting that house. I guess I forgot about the whole stupid extra key. I’m so sorry for putting you in danger. It’s my fault that I found you almost close to death. I’m so sorry, this wasn’t what I had planned at all. I care for you, the fact that I almost saw you near death makes me what to take revenge on them.” He states getting angry thinking about it.



“So, go get revenge! They all deserve to die for their deeds.” Mumbles Trinity. She yawns as the medication given to her by the hospital begins to take effect. Slowly closing her eyes, she stares at Howie.



He smiles as she’s about to go to sleep, whispering he states, “I will, just for you. Sleep well princess.”



She closes her eyes and falls asleep. Howie smiles, his fangs protruding from his mouth. Suddenly his cell went off, it’s Kevin calling.



“Ello” Howie says quietly moving away from Trinity in case she hears the conversation.



“D, where you at? The guys all wanna know how it went.”



“At the hospital, she’s fine, just getting rest. The plan is working nicely. I got her to trust me. All I gotta do is convince her of…” Howie stopped talking then as he was interrupted by a nurse entering the hospital room checking up on Trinity. “Listen, I’ll talk to ya later and tell ya more about it, K. Tell the guys, everything is working out perfectly.” With that he presses the end button on his cell and leaves the room smiling.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**