- Text Size +
OK, now for your entertainment the next chapter!! (YEAH!!! I UPDATED!!)



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Seventeen- No One To Trust~**



He pulls up in his black BMW to the front of his house. Opening the front door, he races to his bedroom to find the other day walkers waiting for him.



“Hey buddy, how it went?” Nick says excitedly jumping up and down before hugging Howie eagerly.



Pushing the blond man aside, Howie smiles. “She’s doing fine. I’m gonna pick her up later on today. She has no idea what to expect from us.”



“I’m assuming she knows something’s up right?” Brian asks concerned.



“Not that I know of.” Murmurs Howie. He walks over to A.J. who’s still lying on the bed.



“Bro, how you doing?” Howie says looking over at A.J.



A.J. nods his head and groans in pain as he tries to turn on his side to face Howie, “Yeowch!” A.J. yells as the cut on his thigh throbs. “I’m doing well , unless you consider how badly I’m doing down there!” At this the others snicker quietly as poor A.J. gives them a death glare.



“Ok, ok, let’s calm down guys. I’m curious to know what time you’re gonna pick her up.” Kevin says, a small smile playing on his lips.



“At about five why?” Howie asks looking over to Kevin.



“So we have time to set up. We have to get ready when you bring the slayer in.” Kevin states eyeing the others through the corner of his eyes.



Howie nods, “No problem, everything will work. I’m gonna convince her to become one of us. She’ll give up being a good guy once she experiences the pleasures of taking blood.” He states confidently, arms crossed over his chest.



“Well I guess we have to get A.J. back on his feet. We’re gonna have company and he just can’t be lying around.” Kevin says quietly.



A.J. eyes the others maliciously before grumbling something under his breath.



Kevin looks away from the pissed off day walker on the bed and walks over to Nick. “Nicky, I’m gonna need you to go to the supermarket and pick up some essentials to help get A.J. back on his feet.” He states putting his long arm around the younger member’s shoulders.



Nick nods his head, “No problem, I’m on my out now, give me the list, so I can get it.” Brian hands him a small paper with the list of items.



Nicks nods and grabs his jacket, about to leave the house.



“Hold up! Wait up Nick, I know you’re not leaving like that to go outside.” Brian says quickly.



Nick narrows his eyes, “Well, what’s wrong with the way I look now?”



Brian sighs, “You’re a Backstreet Boy, you famous, that attracts a lot of attention from people if you leave like that.”



Nick mumbles some obscenity before reaching for a long black wig and dark shades to conceal his appearance. “There, better?” Nick states rolling his eyes.



Brian gives him the thumbs up sign as Nick exits the house.

~*~



He reaches the large Walmart, the closest store near Howie’s house. Pulling in the store’s driveway, he quickly heads over to the supermarket section of the store.



He covers his ears as he hears loud screaming coming from nearby. Even through his disguise, fans manage to figure out who he is.



“AHHHH!! THAT’S NICK!! NICK OF BSB!” a group of young teenage girls scream, running towards him.



“Oh, god, not this!” Nick yells as he starts running down the aisles hoping to lose the girls along the way. After turning corners and losing sight of the girls, he takes a deep breath. Everyone in the store looks at him strangely as he feels himself blush. “Sorry. I didn’t think they recognized me.” Mumbles Nick embarrassed. The security guards came over to him and lead him away from the mob that was forming to get to him. Finally after throwing cans of food and items into a cart, Nick pays for it and leaves the store still embarrassed from the earlier incident. “I’m gonna get the guys for this.” Nick mumbles as he heads to the car.



A young woman of about twenty or so, with dyed blond hair and striking grey eyes stands near his car. It looks as if she was waiting for him. She eyes him in his blue tank top and black cargo pants and looks into his bright blue eyes. Whoever she was, Nick found her quite attractive but figured it must be some insane fan. Nervously, Nick opens the driver’s side door and is about to slip in the car when the woman came up to him.



“I’m so sorry for disturbing you mister.” Her southern accent drawls out. “I’m thinking if it’s not too much for you, can I get your autograph?” She states eyeing Nick up and down with her eyes.



Nick grabs a sheet of paper in the car and scribbles his name on it quickly. “Nice meeting you…” He says handing her the paper.



“Sandra” She states interrupting him. Nodding his head and giving her a smile, he hops into the car.



Sandra stood waiting near the car. Nick obviously getting annoyed with this, rolls down the car window. “Is everything ok? Do you need something else?” Asks Nick showing some concern.



Her cinnamon skin glistens in the bright sunlight as she shakes her head. Nick decides to use the advantage of them being alone in the driveway. “Miss, you want a ride?” He says seductively. The woman blushes slightly as she nears the car window.



“I don’t think that would be a good idea. You’re still a stranger to me.” She says blushing.



Nick rolls his eyes, “Ok, well that’s ok. I guess I should go now.” He states rolling up the window. His hunger starts up and he needed to feed now. “Uh! Damn, fine!” He mumbles to himself getting out the car. He reaches for Sandra and gives her a hug. Sandra smiles and returns the hug. He could smell her blood, his stomach gets hungry and he feels his mouth watering for her blood. He reaches for her lips and kisses her gently. She allows him to kiss him and gladly returns it. He feels his fangs come out as the kissing intensifies. He bites down on her lips, as she squeals out in pain. He begins sucking the blood coming out of her lips. After fifteen minutes she slumps in his arms dead, drained of her blood. Nick licks his lips and drives away leaving the dead body on the ground.

~*~

Howie pulls up alongside with A.J. in the car. “K, Alex, this is the deal. Stay hidden in the back so she won’t see you. Don’t do or say anything. Act like you’re not here.” Howie says enjoying the demonic look A.J. was giving him.



A.J.’s chocolate eyes pierces through Howie as he rolls his eyes. A.J. crawls over to the back seat and crouches in the corner, out of sight all the while saying profanity. Howie closes the car door and head to the hospital to pick up Trinity.



She leans on the banister of the stairs near the exit. She’s tempted to just leave but her body has given up long ago. She’s too weak to do anything. She doesn’t want to be near Howie or anyone of them. What they did to her is too much. She just wants to put a stake threw them and get rid of them all ready. Unfortunately it hasn’t been that easy. She has to get rid of them one by one. All together they were too strong for her, she knows they know that too. Sighing she sees Howie enter the room.



“Ready precious, let’s get you out of this place.” He states sweetly gently taking her hand as she attempts walking painfully. Howie picks her up and carries her to the car. Placing her next to him in the passenger side, he pulls away from the place. Driving down the highway, she stares at the early evening sun and the trees align on either side of the highway.



“So” Howie attempts to start a conversation. “I don’t know what’s running through your mind, but I know you’re upset with me.” He starts quietly.



Rolling her eyes, she tugs on her black locks tying it up in a ponytail. “Listen” he continues, “Please tell me what you’re thinking about.”



Glaring at him, she growls, “Look, I don’t wanna talk about it here.” She continues staring out the window trying to get her mind off who’s sitting next to her. Howie pulls over to the side of the road and shuts off the engine.



“I’m not gonna drive ‘til we talk about what’s bugging you.” Howie pleads with her.



Finally staring at the man, she glowers at him. “I don’t wanna waste my breath on you. You’re just like the rest, you have caused me enough hell.” She states angrily.



Howie looks at her in shock, “What are you talking about? It wasn’t me that killed the ones you care for.”



Trinity places her hand in front of his face, “Just shove it ok! I don’t wanna hear it! You try to be nice and nothing is coming out of it. You don’t think I know your planning something. I know, trust me! All of a sudden my enemy wants to become my best friend! HA! That’s a laugh! Please try that on someone stupid. I don’t wanna be here with you and the others. I hate you and your intentions. I feel sorry for all those fans who have no idea who you really are.” She states getting upset.



A hurt looks passes through Howie’s face as he starts up the car in silence. The rest of the drive he didn’t say a word, everyone once in while, Trinity would see Howie wiping away a tear that would evidently roll down his face. She didn’t feel bad at all, she’s pleased that she hurt him emotionally, maybe now he’ll know who he is messing with. He pulls along side the highway again and opens the door. Looking at her he whispers, “I’ll be back quick. I gotta go do something.” She watches him walk away towards the other side of the highway going downhill where the trees are.



Sighing, she leans her head back on a smooth pillow. It was quiet for a while until she heard a sneeze coming from the backseat. Curiosity taking over she leans to the back finding a crouched figure in the corner. She couldn’t see the person clearly because he was hiding in the shadow of the light. She touches the figure as he moved.



“Don’ t touch me!” The voice hissed. Pulling her hand back, she watches the figure move out of the shadow. It was A.J. and he looks quite mad with her. “I hope you know what you did to me is gonna cost ya now. You know that don’t ya?” He whispers angrily.



She smiles at him, “Oh, baby are you still mad about the whole hurting your you know what? Really you got to move on. You’re lucky you still have your friend.” She smirks.



A.J. growls at her as Howie returns back to the car. “Well, sorry ‘bout that, I had to use the bathroom and I couldn’t hold it.” Howie says smiling.



Trinity glares at him as he starts the car and drives back to the house. “Can I ask you why you brought A.J. along?”



Howie smirks as he concentrates on the road in front of him. “I thought that maybe he needed some fresh air after being locked up, besides I think you two need to talk.”



“Huh, there’s nothin’ to talk about especially with him.” Trinity says glaring at him.



“Baby, I love you too.” States A.J. sarcastically.



Pulling up to the driveway, Howie parks the black BMW and gently carries the slayer into the house. He brings the slayer into his room and gently places her on a cushioned wooden chair. She stares at the room, only him and A.J. were in the room. Trinity knew a plan was about to happen and her weak body tried to regain its strength quickly. A.J. with a cane limps over to her, glaring at her direction the whole time.



“Trinity, I have a deal for you. Let me know something. If you wanna live tonight, then come join our team. If not then let us know so we can kill you now. And if you decide to die now, just remember we still win. Know that once you’re gone no one can stop us and more people die because of your carelessness. So tell me Trinity, wanna live?” A.J. states laughing. He runs his fingers through his short black hair. Taking off his sunglasses, he places it on top of Trinity’s head. “Aw, look at you, don’t you look cute with that.” He says in a high sweet voice. She glares at him wanting to move her injured body but just sits there immobile, as pain is throbbing in her legs, arms, and ribs.



A.J. leaves the room as Howie enters it. Kneeling down to face her, he sighs as he takes out a long thick rope.



“Wh, what are you doing?” Trinity says nervously.



“Tying you up. I don’t want you going anywhere.” Howie says sadly.



“Why are you doing this? All the things about you wanting to care for me were all lies!” Shouts Trinity. She’s scared, she knew she was gonna die if she can’t figure out a way to get out of this. She begins shaking and feels goose bumps rising in her arms. Sniffing, she looks at Howie placing ropes around her feet tying her in place. She tries wiggling around, but her body wasn’t cooperating with her. Howie reaches for her hands and puts her arms behind her to the back of the chair. Once firmly tied, Howie looks up to her from his kneeling.



“I’m sorry, but I do care about you. I want you to fight with me, you think I like seeing you hurt, will I don’t! I was crying last night thinking about that you have to die if I can’t change your mind. But I see you made up your mind.” He says glumly.



“I won’t and will never join a group that destroys innocent human lives. Have you forgotten we’re part human as well? I can’t believe you did all this to try to convince me of joining you. Well, I can’t, sorry to disappoint you.”



Howie clasps his hands on her knees as she feels his cold wet tears on her skin. “I don’t wanna see you die! Please tell me you will change your mind. There’s nothing else I can do at this point. The others are waiting outside. Please don’t die! I need you. I never felt this painful feeling in my heart when I think about you leaving me.”



“That’s heartbroken.” She mutters quietly.



“What?” Howie mutters.



“What you feel is your heart breaking. You really do care for me. I realize that. But I can’t accept the fact what you do for a living.” She says sadly.



“You don’t like that I’m a Backstreet Boy?” Howie says confused.



Sighing she glares at him, “You got to be kidding me right? I don’t think you’re that dense?” She states angrily.



Howie laughs, “No, I know what you’re talking about, you don’t like the fact that I kill, but I can’t stop that. That’s how I learn to live.”



“Too bad.” States Trinity as she hangs her head low. The door opens and the four remaining members come in.



Kevin walks up to her and smiles, “Good evening Trinity. I see you now know the whole plan and by the look on Howie’s face, you didn’t accept. That’s really too bad now isn’t. See every slayer told us no as well. I guess you slayers must work on a one track mind or something. I mean who wouldn’t want to take up the offer and hang with us. But I guess that’s the end of it.” He looks over to Brian holding a large metal can of what looks like gasoline.



Brian opens the can and starts pouring gasoline on her. He empties the whole can and looks at Trinity. Her whole body is now drenched in the wet putrid liquid. Her soaked hair is dripping off the oil and her aching body cries out as the rope is made tighter behind her.



“Well, now look at this.” Whispers A.J. “Isn’t this interesting? I would have thought for sure you would have said yes. Guess I was wrong.” A.J. states shaking his head in disappointment. Trinity cries out in pain, as she watches Nick flick the lighter in front of her.



Laughing Nick looks at her. “You deserve this for hurting me and A.J. And for breaking Howie’s heart. He really wanted you to join us. Too bad, it would have been fun having a woman day walker chillin’ with us.” Glaring at her, he flicks the lighter, moving closer to her drenched body. The others leave the room and Howie looks one last time at Trinity as he wipes away some fallen tears on his face.



Nick stares at her maniacally, “What’s wrong Trinity? You seem speechless. This is something different from you. You always have something to say even if it’s stupid.” Nick says ironically, stating the same speech she gave him a while back. He smiles, his bright blue eyes glow. “It’s sad really that you said no. You are a very beautiful slayer.” His hair in spikes glow brilliantly with the evening sun. “Do me a favor Trinity, tell Xavier, he trained you well, but not well enough. Oh and I heard getting a suntan in hell should be no problem.” With that he throws the lighter on her lap. The lighter burst and the fire starts immediately on her body. She begins screaming out in pain as Nick shuts the door behind him smiling at the victory.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**