- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Eighteen- Given Another Chance~**



Her eyes are clouded over. All she can see is the thick fog of smoke covering the room. Her skin feels raw and burnt. She feels tremendous pain all over her body. Her throat begins to get dry after all the screaming. She sits there in a chair, watching the fire spread over her, licking her skin leaving behind trails of cracked flesh oozing in blood. The flame hasn’t reached her face yet but it’s only inches away until the fire itself eats away on her face. Her tears have stopped falling and were dried up from the heat of the fire. She sits there numbed from the disturbing pain. All she can think about now is how she let Xavier down, how she let all the innocent lives down, how she let evil win for the first time. She sniffs quietly as the flame reaches her neck. After taking all the pain she can, she knew she was gonna pass out from the intense pain. Her eyes feel heavy and before passing out she sees a figure coming close to her.

~*~



She opens her eyes slowly as her body cries out in pain. She feels like she has thick liquid surrounding her body. Coughing, she attempts sitting up, feeling the electricity of the pain running down her spine.



“AHHHHH!” She screams out in pain. She looks around and notices she’s in a bathtub filled with what looked like blood. Reaching the side of the porcelain tub, she sits up in pain. She sees a man running to her side.



“Wait, don’t move Trinity, stay in there for a while, your skin has to heal.” States the man gently.



Groggily she nods her head and allows the man to push her back gently to the blood. Lying on her back, the thick blood covers her body except her face which sticks out above the liquid. She lets her eyes rest on the man, her savior, her hero. He rescued her and she didn’t know why. She lets her eyes take the man in. His tan complexion shines in the florescent light and his many tattoos along his arms gives him an appealing look. His soft brown eyes bore into hers as he takes a deep breath.



Her memory had failed her. She doesn’t know this man. The only thing she remembers is the fire and the pain she has. “Who are you?” She whispers to him.



He smiles and leans close to her ear. “I’m a friend of yours. Do you know what happened to you?” He says softly.



She shakes her head, “Was on fire, burn, pain, hurts.” She says slowly, cringing as she recalls the incident.



He nods his head, “Yeah, do you remember what happened before hand? Before the fire?” He says quietly.



Trinity shakes her head no and the man smiles. “I’ll help you remember then.” The man says. “I’m A.J. and I’m a day walker.”



Trinity makes a face, “A day walker?”



A.J. answers, “Yes a day walker, one who lives on blood, yet can walk in the day. You’re one too. You need blood to live. Your body calls for it.”



Trinity tries to take this all in, “So I’m one too. I’m hungry. Do I just drink blood and be fine?”



A.J. nods his head and smiles, “Yeah, that’s all to it.”



Trinity nods and cups her hands into the tub. Bringing some blood to her lips, she feels fangs emerge from her mouth. Sipping the liquid, she drinks more of it and begins to sip the tub full of the liquid. A.J. watches eagerly anticipating her moves.



“Come Trinity, let’s get you out of that tub and clean you up.” He drains the blood out the tub watching it go down the drain. Turning on the warm water, he helps her clean off the blood. She stands in front of him nude yet she doesn’t feel ashamed or even embarrassed about it. Finally after a few minutes, she steps out the tub with A.J’s help.



“Get dressed, company is coming over.” A.J. says quietly as he slips out the bathroom.



She walks over to the sink, where on a mahogany railing was a black long skirt with a side slit accompanied with a black halter top. Beautiful high heeled black stilettos shoes were in the corner of the bathroom next to a black leather jacket. Getting dressed, she stands in front of a full length mirror in the bathroom. Her caramel skin glows beautifully through the sunlight. Her black curls are pinned up and she puts on red lipstick. She looks magnificent in the outfit. Stepping out of the room, she sees A.J. waiting for her in the living room.



“Is this your place?” She says quietly.



He shakes his head, “No, you live here. This is your house.”



She looks at him, cocking her head to the side and smiles, “You’re handsome, did any one tell you that?”



Laughing, he nods, “Actually yeah, I get that all the time. But you’re the beautiful one today. Come with me. I’m gonna introduce you to some of my friends.” He holds her hand and leads her downstairs to the living room where four other men are sitting and chatting about music. Whistling loudly, he grabs the attention of his four friends, “You guys, guess who woke up?” He says excitedly.



The other men look at her and nod in approval. A tall blond hair blue eyed man stands in front of her, examining her. His blue eyes shine and his blond locks are lying lazily across his head.



“I’m Nick, Trinity.” He states letting his eyes roll over her body. “Wow A.J. is this for real? She can’t remember anything?” Questions Nick.



A.J. nods, “Yeah, just like that.” Smiling he grabs his arms around her waist pulling her close to him.



“So, I guess we should show her how to hunt then right? I’m Brian” States a man with dirty blond hair and striking blue eyes, his southern accent coming out every once in a while.



A green eyed tall raven haired man nods his head and smiles, “That’s right, we gotta show her the ropes, Trinity, I’m Kevin.” At this the men laugh recalling the earlier incident with the slayer.



Trinity stares at the men as she tries to recall in her memory, but nothing was clicking in. A smaller man steps in front of her, his skin a beautiful tan complexion as his brown eyes look at her face. He cups his hands around Trinity’s chin and smiles. Whispering in her ear, he says he’s Howie.



“I’m so glad, you’re ok. I knew you’d come to your senses. You weren’t ready to die.” Howie says calmly to Trinity.



“Why did you guys save me?” Trinity asks curiously.



“You called for us, you said you didn’t want to die. A.J. over here, came in and got you before you almost died.” Kevin answers, pointing to A.J. still holding her.



“Hmm, well thank you for saving my life. I feel as if I owe you something.” Trinity says gratefully.



“No need to feel that way, I did it because that’s what you wanted.” A.J. says smiling slightly, placing his shades over his eyes.



Brian stands up, “I guess we should head out, I’m sure Trinity is hungry and we don’t want her to be starving.” He says opening the front door and steps out into the daylight.



The others follow and Trinity looks at A.J. with a questioning face.



“It’s alright, Triny, their my friends and yours as well. We’re gonna show you how to get your food. Don’t worry, we’ll help you. You’ll do well, I know you will.” Smiling A.J. grabs her hand and leads her out the door to get some food.

~**~

**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**