- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Two- Who We Are~**



Descending down the subway stairs, a man hurries over to the deserted end of the subway platform. He just missed the train, now he’s the only one there. He’s running a little late, not that it matters, three in the morning, is actually early for some. Glancing at the end of the tunnel he stands waiting for the train. Suddenly he feels as if someone is watching him. He scrolls his soft brown eyes over to a large six foot figure staring back at him. The figure is a Caribbean man but his face was not visibly seen over the black hoodie he wears drapes over his head. The dim lights are rarely able to keep the subway lighted properly.



The man feels a little uncomfortable, he knows the large man is staring at him, watching his every move. He looks over to the large man feeling suspicious. Suddenly he was slammed against the wall by the large man. Eyes wide open, he stares at the large man not really frightened by him. The large man speaks gruffly in a thick accent .



“What are you doing here so late?” the man dares to ask.



“J, Just waiting for the train” the smaller Latino man says.



The larger man smiles and looks at the Latino man, whispering he says, “Hey, are you scared yet?”



The Latino man looks around the subway noting it’s still just them, he stares at the larger man and suddenly pushes the larger man roughly onto the wall. The slam was so hard, the side of the tiled cement walls crack slightly. Now it was the larger man’s turn to be frightened. The large man stands there confused, his eyes wide open with shock. Clamping his hands over the large man’s mouth he whispers, “The question is, are you?” Suddenly he reveals his fangs and tears into the larger man’s neck, ripping into the flesh, the blood splashes out spraying the wall with it. The larger man didn’t even get a chance to scream. The body falls onto the cement floor dead.



The Latino man smiles and walks away, with trails of blood dripping off his mouth.

~*~



“Someone’s missing” states the tall dark haired emerald eyed man. Staring around the large expensive room, he rented out in the hotel, he sees two of his friends sitting on the lush white leather sofa across from him. The brown eyed tattooed man shifts his gaze to his friend and responds,



“Howie’s hunting. As for Nick ask Brian.”



The green eyes fall on the small Kentucky man, “Well?”



The blue eyes stare back meshing into the green, “Nick said he’s gonna take a walk for a while. Funny, actually, he never told me where he was going.”



The tall man nods his head and turns at the sound of the front door being opened. A smaller brown eyed man enters the room with a large smile across his face. “Nice to see you, I was thinking you weren’t gonna make it today” replies the tall man.



“Sorry ‘bout that Kevin, ran into a little problem on the way here. But I took care of it” Howie says plopping down on one of vacant empty white leather seats grinning and rubbing his finger across his lips that were recently covered in blood. Kevin rolls up his black long sleeves to his elbows revealing the tattooed mark of a small black circle with a red dragon in the center of it. A.J. raises his arm glancing at the same mark below his own wrist. Brian smiles and runs his hand down his chest right above his left nipple where the same tattooed mark appeared. Howie laughs softly as he raises his leg, near his ankle wear the same mark appears.



“How was it?” asks A.J. to his friend Howie.



The Latino grins, “Sweet, the man had no idea who he was messing with.” At this the others chuckle trying hard not to laugh too loudly. Kevin stands up and catches the others attention, “It’s time, we’ll give Nick a few more minutes before we head out.” The others laugh and excitement runs through the air. Tonight will be grand day to hunt and feast and the others couldn’t wait to get started.



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**