- Text Size +
A/N: THe people used in this story are real people! I just thought I let you all know.

“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty- A Chance Of A Lifetime~**



She walks sluggishly down the three steps at the front of her house to get some mail. Opening the mailbox, she grabs a handful of letters and makes her way back to the house.



“Bills, bills, bills, credit cards offers, junk mail, magazines and a letter.” She mumbles as she throws the mail on top of the kitchen counter. Yawning, she opens the fridge and pulls out something to drink. Settling down on a chair, she reaches for the letter mailed to her. She glanced at the return address, “What? No return address!” She stares at the unopened envelope in her hands. Sighing, she opens the envelope and takes a letter out. As she begins to read the letter, her face lighted up at the mention of one of her favorite groups. The letter began like this:



Dear Summer,



Although you don’t know who I am, I have received word about you. I understand you must be thinking, what the heck am I reading and who is this? I’m planning on meeting you at the concert, where I can discuss an important issue with you. You are very needed in what is being planned. I know this is weird with all the bad stuff occurring meeting strangers nowadays, but you got nothing to fear, I promise you that. I hope you take this letter seriously and don’t throw it away. I hope I can convince you to meet me at the concert!



I advise that you take this ticket and go and enjoy yourself. Meet me near the entrance of the arena. From what I heard, you’re a big BSB fan, so am I! I’ll be wearing dark denim jeans and a blue tank top with the letters, of course, of BSB across it. To find me quick, just look for a woman with shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes wearing a blue ribbon- like belt dangling off the side of the jeans. I hope you don’t mind the travel to the Nassau Coliseum in New York where the concert will be. Please come, and do not show this letter to anyone!! The ticket is in the envelope with this letter. I hope you can come. I’ll be waiting!!

Your companion and friend,

Blue



Her green eyes widen, dropping the letter, she races upstairs to check on the internet to see where the next stop the group will be in. Sure enough, everything matches, the ticket was a real one and she was gonna see the Backstreet Boys front and center! She wasn’t too positive about meeting someone she doesn’t know, but she’ll be a public place right in front of the arena where everyone will be. She looks at the date of the concert, it’s today! She’s got seven hours to get ready and meet this mystery stranger.



She throws on a dark green halter top matching her green eyes reflecting the gold specks in it. She ties up her short golden locks into a pony tail and slips into a white cut-off jean skirt at her knees. She adds beige sandals on her painted pink toes, laced around her ankles. Smiling, she grabs the letter and slips it into her back pocket along with the ticket. Whoever it was that she will meet, she’ll have to thank later for the free ticket. These tickets are hard to come by and she wasn’t gonna back down from going, especially if it gets her a chance to see A.J. performing along with the others. She puts on light pink gloss giving her lips attention. Finishing applying her makeup, she looks at the mirror happy with the reflection in front of her. Her few freckles rarely showed through her makeup. Giggling, she races out the room and leaves a note to her family. She hopes her family doesn’t think she’s insane running out somewhere to a concert to meet a stranger. But hey, A.J. was gonna be there, “I’m pretty sure he wants to see me!” She says as she runs to her car and pulls away. She takes a deep breath and nervously steers the car in to the highway hoping she can make it on time for the concert.

~*~

“Nothing? Is that what you said?” Blue says shaking her brown shoulder length wavy hair. The girl in front of the laptop nods her head.



“Yeah, is that gonna be a problem?” Paige says, running her fingers through her blonde hair. The sunlight shines on her hair, showing the brown and red streaks. Rolling her blue-grey eyes to the ceiling, she scratches a small mosquito bite on her elbow.



“So that’s what the laptop said, it can’t find information on any past slayer’s references. Don’t worry ‘bout it. We’ll go to the library later and do some research.” Blue says, sitting on the white furry sofa in the living room. “And don’t make that face, we’ll have fun in the library.” Blue says smiling goofily.



Paige laughs and then turns her attention to her laptop, “What if the letter didn’t reach Summer?”



Blue throws herself on the sofa in the living room, gazing at the ceiling lights above her. Blue shakes her head, “Nah, I’m sure Summer received the letter by now. It’s no biggie.” She walks over to a mirror, and pulls on her brown locks. Her brown eyes scan the outfit she was wearing, she has to make sure it’s the same one that was described in the letter. Her light peach skin showing signs of a nice caramel tan, glows in the florescent light from the house. Her little height fooled many people, even the ghetto way she talked makes her seem younger than she is, it’s difficult to imagine she was already twenty-one years old.



Suddenly the wind knocks down something on a shelf and Blue quickly grabs the Puerto Rican flag that fell and places it back upon the shelf. That flag was treasured in her family whom is proud of their culture.



“I guess we should head out then, right? I think it be good if we go early, you know just in case of the large crowd.” Paige says.



Blue nods and reaches for the tickets, “Let’s go then. I don’t wanna miss Summer in case she’s looking for us.” Reaching a letter she stands up and stretches, brushing some stray strands of brown hair behind her ears. . “Everything will work out, I know it will.” Blue mutters. Paige stands up and closes the laptop.



“You think she’ll make it? What if she thinks this is some joke or something.” Paige says. Standing up, she leans over Blue at the height of five feet six inches while whistling a Backstreet song.



“I guess there’s only one way to find out, right?” Blue states as she stands up at a mere height of only five feet two inches. Grabbing Paige’s wrist, she leads the way out the house.



“Wait, I gotta check myself!” Paige, the young fifteen year old states, runs over to a mirror to fix her hair. Rolling her eyes, Blue lets her run to the full length mirror in the hallway.



Laughing, Blue shakes her head, “Girl, you look fine, I’m sure the guys of BSB wouldn’t mind anyway.” Paige smiles tugging on her silver tank top, and taking out the creases on her black pants.



“Ok, I’m ready!” Paige states giggling as they leave the house.

~*~



The line was ridiculously long as expected from such superstars. Summer looks around sighing, trying to see anyone that fits the description of the letter. “Come on Blue, where are you? I thought you said you were gonna be here?” She mumbles staring around the area. Turning her head, she sees two women standing near the doors of the entrance of the arena, That must be her! She matches the description perfectly.” Taking a deep breath, she walks over to the two women. Tapping a girl with brown hair about her same height, she says quietly, “Hi, I’m curious to know, are you Blue by any chance?”



The girl stares at her intensely, making Summer a little uncomfortable, the girl replies, “No, not at all, why would I be blue if I’m happy to see Backstreet!”



Summer gulps thinking she must have mistaken the girl before her. Gently laughing, the girl sticks her hand out shaking Summers. “Yeah! I’m her! You look like you were about to pee on yourself or something. I try not to look to too intimidating, but that comes out every once in a while.” Blue states laughing.



Summer takes a deep breath before letting out a deep sigh. “Man, I thought I had the wrong person, I was ‘bout to run away thinking I upset you somehow!” Summer says relieved since she got here at the line. Laughing the girls introduce themselves.



“I came along with Jamelet to see Backstreet and of course to meet you!” Paige says smiling, curling one of her blond strands that had fallen listlessly from her bun, she twirls it in her fingers.



Summer stands there confused, “But I thought your name was Blue” She points to the petite woman.



“It is, but Jamelet is my real name. Figured it’s easier to say than my name.” Blue says shrugging her shoulders carelessly. The girls laugh as the doors are being open.



“We’re going in, we’re going in!” Giggles Paige as they enter through the door.



Summer looks at Blue, “Hey didn’t you say that you had to tell me something. I mean I have tons of questions, and of course before I do that, I have to thank you for the tickets.” Summer states beaming happily.



Laughing Blue responds, “You’re welcome and I’ll answer them all now if you want.”



“Great, well I’m curious, how do you know about me?” Summer asks curiously eyeing both girls.



“Well I know the answer to that.” Paige says eagerly raising her hand up like she was in a classroom. “See, this is what happened…”



Paige stops talking after being elbowed on her side from Blue. Shaking her head, Blue looks at Paige whispering in her ear, “Let’s tell her later, we’re getting in the arena now, and she won’t be able to hear us anyway. Let her enjoy herself before we break the news.” Paige nods in understanding and they all head over to the assigned seats in the front row. The lights turn down low as the loud screaming begins. Blue looks at Summer who is enchanted by the whole stage and lights anticipating for the group to appear at any moment now. Taking a deep breath, Blue hopes that when Summer hears the news that she was chosen to be the next slayer, that Summer will accept the mission, or all their lives are at stake!

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**