- Text Size +
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to review. So I’ll catch you guys later, Bye for now!!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-One- The New Slayer~**



The concert was amazing; the group performed the last song- “Shape Of My Heart” before silly stringing each other. Blue, Paige and Summer all screamed their heads off at this, loving every moment of the concert! A.J. dressed in a leather outfit, steps near the edge of the stage in the front and gazes at Summer intently before dropping below in the stage waving crazily to the fans. The screaming was so loud in the arena, it was amazing the girls didn’t lose their hearing. The lights around the stage glowed and twinkled among the bright blue glow sticks people were waving. Once outside of the arena, Summer looks at the other two girls beaming with joy.



“Oh my goodness, I have to say thank you so much for letting me come to this concert. It was great!! Blue you said you wanted to tell me something before we went in the arena. What was that?” Summer asked curiously.



Blue states, “ HUH! WHAT? Speak to the good ear, I can’t hear in my left ear, I think I lost it during the screaming in there!”



At this the girls laugh as they boarded a bus heading towards Blue’s house.



Don’t worry ‘bout it, let’s head over to my place and we can talk when we get there.” Paige says as she grabs a bus seat and closes her eyes. Summer smiles and sits next to her, getting a little tired herself.



“Don’t you be going asleep on me. I’ll start talking to myself if you do.” Blue says smiling, waving her blue glow stick in the air.



Summer yawns and nods her head, smiling she looks at Blue, “Did you see in the end, how my A.J. was smiling at me! He was looking at me! I thought he was gonna come up to me and talk!” Summer says getting goose bumps just thinking about it. Summer’s blue eyes twinkle at the thought of what could have been if he did come up and talk to her. She closes her eyes imagining the scene of her and A.J. whispering sweet nothings in each others ears.



Blue’s smiling face changes quickly; she interrupts, taking Summer out of her wonderful imagination. Seriously she asks Summer, “Wait, he saw you?” Summer nods her head, some blond strands cascading down her right side of her face.



“Yeah, he was looking at me like he knew me, oh how I wish he did. Man, what I wouldn’t do to him if he only came closer to me!” Summer squeals excitedly, wrapping her arms around herself.



Blue mummers, “That’s not good. He knows.” She gazes at Summer and looks out the window watching the traffic.



“He knows what? You’ve been acting strange since I met you. Whatever you gotta tell me, must be big.” Summer whispers, feeling anxious, as she looks at Blue then at the sleeping Paige.



Blue nods her head, “You have no idea.” She whispers and continues looking out the bus window.



Summer didn’t want to press any further on what the girls know, but whatever it is, it looks like she might not like it when she hears it.

~*~

A.J. gets off the stage platform that takes the group down below the stage. He storms pass the other guys and murmurs, “I can’t believe it!”



Kevin grabs A.J.’s arm and swings him around facing him, “What’s the problem?” A.J. pushed away Kevin with an angry scowl on his face.



“Kev, there’s a new slayer already! I saw her!” A.J. yells loudly catching the other guy’s attention.



“I know, but she doesn’t look like she knows. She’s human, we know that for a fact, but she looks like she’ll be receiving help from others.” Kevin whispers hoping the management haven’t heard A.J.’s little outburst.



A.J.’s chocolate’s eyes reflect confusion, “Whadda mean?” He says crossing his arms across his chest.



“This new slayer looks like she doesn’t know about her powers yet.” Kevin states eyeing A.J.



“Yo, and from what I heard, she’s got a watcher showing her the ropes.” Brian says popping up in the conversation. His blue eyes sparkling with excitement as he talks.



Nick hears the conversation and frowns, “I think the best thing to do right now would be to get to the people that are gonna help the slayer. That way, we can get to the slayer and she’ll never expect it. She won’t be ready, if no one told her and trained her.” Nick’s blue eyes shines with the thought of capturing the slayer before hand and torturing her. The guys all smile and head back to the dressing room.



“Hey guys, am I interrupting something?” Trinity states walking in the dressing room with the guys.



“No, not at all” Howie says politely. Trinity shakes her head and throws on her leather jacket over her all black attire.



She smiles at the guys and whispers seductively, “Any of you down for partying tonight?”



A.J. smiles, “Mmm, I like the way you’re thinking.”



Howie rolls his eyes and mutters nastily, “Sure you do A.J. sure you do.”



A.J. smiles towards Trinity and heads over to Howie. Grabbing him by the shoulder, he tugs at Howie to look at him. “D, is there a problem?”



Howie hisses, “No not all, what ever would make you think that?” He pushes A.J.’s hands off his shoulder roughly before leaving the dressing room. The others look at A.J. wide eyed and stunned.



“Talk with him, whatever you did, you got him mad and you know it takes a lot to get Howie upset.” Brian says putting on a baseball cap and heading out the arena doors.



A.J. was surprised by Howie’s sudden action. Deciding to listen to Brian’s advice, he follows Howie out the door. “Wait, ain’t you getting on the bus?” A.J. says talking to Howie’s back. He knew Howie was upset with something and he intends on finding out tonight.



“You know what; tell the guys I can walk there. I think I need fresh air.” Howie states and grabs his black jacket before heading out the arena.



Howie walks in a black sweater and some dark blue jeans, and heads back to the hotel where they are staying at. “You guys, you think it’s safe to walk or will the fans know I’m me?” Howie asks the others in front of their bus.



Kevin shrugs his shoulder, “If you throw on the hood to the sweater, no one will notice it’s you.” Howie nods and reaches for the cotton black hood attached to the sweater he’s wearing. Brian, Nick, Trinity and Kevin get on the bus. A.J. attempts to get on, but the nagging feeling of being guilty about something leads him to follow Howie.



“Know what guys, I’m canceling the fun tonight, I gotta talk to Howie, be the friend he needs right now. I’ll catch ya later k!” He waves and runs to catch up to Howie as the bus pulls away.



Brian sticks his head out the bus window, “Be careful, the new slayer could be lurking around soon.” With that he closes the window and settles back ready for the hunt.

~*~

Catching up to Howie, A.J. puts his hand on Howie’s shoulder. Out of breath, A.J. talks, “D..man.. relax…where you…off too… in a rush?” A.J. says taking in deep breaths to slow down his heart rate.



“Alex, I’m off to the hotel, gonna call it a night, I’m not hungry right now, I just what sleep.” Howie says picking up the pace faster to reach the hotel soon.



“Already? D, I know there’s something bothering you, just tell me!” A.J. asks concerns tugging on his thick red sweater that’s keeping him conceal from being recognized.



Howie stops abruptly, sighing, he looks at A.J.’s eyes, who isn’t for once wearing shades to conceal it. “It’s, it’s just that well, Trinity likes you more than me. I mean you know how I feel about her. I mean, I was thrilled that Kevin asked me to let her join us so I can be close to her but she likes you more than me and I don’t understand it.” Howie feels himself blush as he rolls his eyes to the concrete sidewalk.



A.J. smiles and gives Howie a big hug, “Bro, you know I already have a woman who loves me more than anything. I’ll help you get Trinity, you will win her heart over.”



Howie smiles now feeling better, “I thought you were falling in love with her?”



A.J. winces, “I am, but I can’t do that to the woman whom I love. Besides you deserve happiness Bro. Now it’s your turn to get some loving!”



The guys laugh and continue their way to the hotel.



“So, I assume you’re not mad at me anymore?” A.J. asks biting his lower lip softly.



Howie shakes his head, and grabs A.J.’s shoulder, “Not all bro, I think we should get a bite to eat.”



A.J. laughs, noting the irony in Howie’s joke. “I say we order some food and when the waitresses bring it up we’ll invite them to stay for a bite.” A.J. says adding on to the joke. This just brought on more laughter as the men entered the glass doors of the hotel they are staying in.

~*~



Sitting down on the white furry sofa, Summer shakes her head in disbelief. Cracking a smile, she manages a laugh. “Come on, you guys, you got to be getting me? Vampires? They don’t exist. I mean if you believe in that then I guess I should behave, I would like Santa Claus to stop by my house this Christmas.” She states.



Blue glares at her, “Summer, do I look like I’m joking with you? This is serious. It’s important you understand what you’re getting yourself into.”



Summer steers her eyes to Paige who is reading a letter in her hand. Paige looks at Summer and sits besides her, her blue gray eyes sparkles, “I think you should take this job into consideration. I mean, either way, they’re out to get you. So you might as well train for it when it does come.” Paige says quietly as she looks at the letter in her hand.



“Listen to her, she knows what she’s talking about.” Blue states, sitting across from them, cross legged in a sofa, fiddling with her fingers.



“So let me get this straight, I’m the slayer, I’m suppose to kill demon like thingies, like in the show Buffy right?” Summer says as she runs her fingers through her short blonde hair. Her blue eyes big and wide as Blue goes on to explain in detail what Summer will have to do.



“I’ll train you, so will Paige, we’re in this together, I’m not gonna let you do things by yourself unless I feel you can handle it.” Blue says as concern crosses her face, her soft brown eyes comforting Summer.



Taking a deep breath, Summer nods her head, “Ok, so what does that make you?”



Blue smiles, “I’m your watcher, which suits me since I’m the eldest in the group. I help train you and help you become a powerful slayer.”



Summer nods in admiration and gazes to Paige, “And what about you, what do you do?”



Paige smiles, her light skin glowing in the florescent light, she whispers, “I’m the watcher’s assistant, I mainly do research along with her, but I’m more of an expert in the computer information findings. I track down where the enemies are and how to defeat them.”



Summer smiles and admires the youth. “Well, I guess I got the hardest job of all then right?”



Summer sees both girls nod their heads. “I have three more questions. What happened with the last slayer? Do you guys train every slayer? And will I die doing this job?”



Summer gazes at Blue waiting for an answer.



Blue starts slowly, “The last slayer’s name was Trinity. She was on a mission to kill off some vampires but she later joined the bad side. She became a day walker-”



Summer interrupts, “A day walker?”



Blue smiles and continues, “Yeah, a day walker, see Trinity was a one of a kind slayer. Every slayer before her had been human. Not her though, she was half human and half vampire. Meaning, she can walk in the day light and it doesn’t affect her. Yet she still has the vampire urges in her.”



Summer’s blue eyes grew wide as Blue describes this. “But, but I’m human, how do you expect me to go up against something like that?”



Paige smiles, “Don’t worry, you got us. We’ll make sure nothing happens to you.”



Summer looks at Blue to finish answering the questions.



Blue runs her fingers through her thick brown hair and continues, “We don’t train every slayer, we only had two slayers before you. One died after not accepting her slayer job and the other died in the process of fighting one of the main vampires. The slayers have different watchers working with them.”



At this Summer yelp and shrank back in the sofa. “I don’t like this. Why me, why chose me?”



Paige looks at her and throws her arm over Summer’s shoulder, “You were born to do this, you have powers and strength that you never knew existed. That’s why you were chosen. Slayers are chosen randomly after being born a certain year and months. I tracked you down after I received word that Trinity joined the bad side. You ARE the next slayer.” Paige smiles comforting Summer a bit.



“Now for the last question,” Blue says quietly eyeing Summer who’s clutching her knees to her chest, arms wrapped around it on the sofa. “I can’t lie and say you won’t get hurt, in fighting someone always gets hurts. I’m gonna do my best to see that you won’t die, even if it means risking my own life to save you.”



Summer smiles, “Thank you. I hope I won’t be a disappointment for you guys.”



Paige smiles, shaking her head, “You’re not, you’re here right? And I assume you said yes to this job right?”



Summer nods her head, “Yup, I’m the slayer and about to kick some demons booty back to hell where they belong.”



At this, Blue and Paige jump up cheering and runs over to Summer giving her a big hug. Summer laughing, jumps up and down happy. Yet inside her, she was scared and fearing the worst.



“Come on Summer let’s get you to the training room, this is where you’ll be working out.” Paige states dragging Summer behind her.



Blue looks at Summer and shakes her head. Thinking to herself, she hopes Summer can be fully trained before the day walkers come for her. I believe she can do, I know she will. She’s not like the other slayers, there’s a spark about her, almost a glow in her. I know she’ll win. Blue thinks to herself, entering the large gymnasium.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**