- Text Size +
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Much love, you guys and now for your entertainment, the next chapter!! Until later buh-bye!!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-two- Silence Is Deadly~**



The sword clatters on the ground as Summer stutters a weak “Sorry.” Covering her mouth in surprise with her hand, she looks a child when she does something wrong.



“It’s fine, don’t worry ‘bout it. We’ll just keep practicing.” Blue says softly pulling on her gray baby t-shirt.



“But we’ve been practicing for two days already and I still can’t handle the sword yet.” Summer states getting frustrated, tugging on her blond locks and pulling on her blue baby t-shirt with matching sweat pants.



“She’s right, Blue shouldn’t she have gotten this already?” Paige asks curiously in her green baby t-shirt and black sweats.



Blue eyes Summer and walks over to get some water, “I think what we need for Summer to get the hang of this, is to go outside and get her in a fight.”



“WHAT!” Shouts Summer suddenly, “You better be joking about this. I’m not getting beat up by strange people!” She glares at Blue as she grabs a chair and sits down frustrated.



Laughing, Paige walks over to Summer, “That’s not what she means, you’re not getting jumped! What she means is you’re gonna fight in a realistic area and we’re gonna sneak up on you, that way your natural slayer instincts can come in. Once that happens we can work with you from there.” Paige says, her blue gray eyes lights up.



Summer looks annoyed at the two girls in front of her. “I gotta quick question.” She says twirling one of her blond strands in her fingers.



“Shoot” Paige says sitting cross- legged on the mahogany gym floor.



Gazing at Blue, Summer asks, “Well, I’m curious to know why you seemed surprised when I said A.J. saw me?”



Blue, sitting on hard floor; legs sprawl out in her grey sweats, looks to Summer with a concerned face. “It’s nothing really.” She says sighing.



Summer looks at Blue closely, “Are you sure? I mean you said it like I should be concerned. What do you know that you’re not telling me?” She asks softly.



“I know things right now don’t really matter to you. I promise to explain that later when I see that you’re physically ready. I have to get you ready for Trinity now. That’s all that’s important at this moment.” Blue says quietly not looking at Summer but rather gazing out the window.



Summer still feeling annoyed, shrugs her shoulders and picks up the sword from the floor. “Well, I guess we should continue practicing.” Summer says and starts swinging her sword almost professionally, practically cutting off Paige’s blond locks.



“Sor, sorry, I’ll keep trying.” Summer says slightly embarrassed.



Paige glances at Blue who sighs and watches Summer miserably swinging the sword around. “Have faith Paige, she’ll get it! She’s the slayer, she will get it.”

~*~



The black BMW pulls up in front of a large beautiful old gothic style Catholic church. The man walks to the large wooden painted doors of the church. Walking in, he sees an old priest about in his early sixties kneeling on the carpeted floor in the middle of a prayer. Silence is the only sound heard in the church as Kevin walks down the aisle on the red carpet passing benches on either side of the aisle. The dull yellow light shines down illuminating the church. The priest stands up and was startled to see someone in the church.



“Oh, I didn’t hear you come in.” The old priest says eyeing the tall man dressed in all black with piercing green eyes. The elderly man runs his fingers over his outfit, fixing his Cross necklace. His white hair lies in thin strands, combed over to one side of his head, while his dull blue eyes stayed on Kevin.



“I just wanted to come in for the peace.” Kevin says quietly looking at the priest with a smile.



The priest smiles, shaking Kevin’s hand, “Well this is the best place for finding solitude. It’s just you and God.” Kevin’s eyes lowered in slits at what was mentioned.



The old priest continues talking, “I’m Father Jasper, son, if you want to talk know that I’m here.”



Kevin looks at Jasper and gazes around the church eyeing the color tinted windows, the statues of the prophets and important figures of the Bible along the rows of candles giving light to the church. “So, father Jasper, it’s just you here so late in the night or rather so early in the morning. I mean it’s about two in morning, shouldn’t you be resting.”



The elderly priest, crinkles his eyes, showing the small gentle wrinkles surrounding his face. “My son, time means nothing to me as long as I do God’s work in his church.”



Kevin smiles and runs his fingers through his short raven colored hair. “Are you alone father?” Kevin asks curiously.



The old priest nods his head and walks carefully to the first row bench. Settling down, he squints looking at the tall man in front of him. Kevin sits besides him and smiles at him. Silence is the only thing heard once again and the soft breathing of the elderly priest.



Kevin leans closer to the priest, whispering he says to the priest, “Father, I have a confession to make.”



The priest nods his head, “Please go on, I’m listening.” He says clasping his hands together on his knees.



Kevin takes a deep breath and continues speaking, “Well, father, it’s seems I have a problem, see I know killing is a major sin, which brings me to what I have done. See Father I killed many lives.”



The priest nods his head and listens as Kevin continues talking.



“The thing is, see I have to kill to stay alive. My problem is what should I do about that?” Kevin says, his deep voice vibrating off the walls, a small smile playing on his face.



Father Jasper looks at the man confused, “Why do you have to continue killing innocent lives?”



Kevin leans back on the bench, his leather jacket rustles with his movement. Eying the priest, he smiles at the father. “I do it to live. I understand if I wanna do good that I should stop this, but I like killing. Seeing the blood and watching a person’s face screaming for life is so invigorating.”



The Priest looks in shock at what Kevin says, “Sir, maybe this isn’t the right place for you. I suggest you go receive help elsewhere. If you don’t want to change your ways there is nothing I can personally do for you.” Father Jasper says quietly feeling goose bumps rising on his arms at the presence of this man. The priest stands up and backs away from Kevin slowly. He knew Kevin came for another reason, and he didn’t want to stay here with this man to find out.



“Actually there is something you can do for me. Father is that considered demonic to a standard?” Kevin says approaching the priest.



The priest watched in complete fright as he sees fangs emerge from Kevin’s mouth.



“Shh” Kevin says placing his finger over his own lips. “Don’t make too much noise, this is God’s house.”



The priest struggled desperately to get away from Kevin’s grasp on his neck. “Father, don’t make this any more difficult than it is.” Kevin whispers manically.



The priest screams but no noise was heard, he was scared beyond the point that he didn’t make a sound. Kevin bites on the elderly man’s pale white skin. He rips into the man’s neck as bright red blood sprays on Kevin’s face. He drains the blood and the dead corpse falls dully on the red carpeted floor. Kevin wipes the drops of blood on his face and gazes at the dead priest. “Sorry Father, your time is up. Tell God I said hi. Sleep well now.” With that, Kevin walks back down the aisle and an invisible wind came blowing, billowing his jacket behind him portraying a rather eerily person. The church was silent again as it was when Kevin first walked in and that’s the way he wanted it.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**