- Text Size +
You guys are great!! Oh, the church thing: note even demons can enter a church, just think of people who are demon possessed and enter the church to get rid of it!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-Three- Truth Hurts~**



Summer swings her sword furiously in front of her and begins backing away from her assailant. Her breathing initiates to speed up as she nervously held the sword. Swords clatter, metal against metal as Summer is suddenly slammed down on the ground. She looks around and throws the enemy off her. She straddles the assailant near by and slams the stake near the person’s body, pushing the stake into the side of the enemy’s sleeve.



Summer looks down into the brown eyes of her opponent as she pushes the stake into the enemy’s blue long sleeve sweater. Laughing she says, “And this, my dear Blue is where I would kill my enemy.”



Smiling, Blue pushes Summer off her, happy to see the Slayer learned her moves. In a matter of hours, Summer manages to perfect all the marital arts moves and her handling of the all the weaponry was flawless. She was ready for whatever the future has in store for her even the day walkers should fear her, for she carries a wrath unlike any another slayer before her.



“Great job Summer! See I knew you could do it.” Squeals Paige, running up to her from one of the park benches. She flings her arms around Summer’s shoulders excitedly. Blue giggles and grabs the swords, heading over to one of the benches to relax.



“I gotta admit girl, I thought I was gonna get my butt whipped by you.” Blue says smiling proudly at the Slayer. Summer yawns and leans back on the wooden bench enjoying the view of the quiet lake in front of them. She flicks off a small lent on her baby blue t-shirt and rubs her sweaty palms on the leg of her black jeans. She gazes lazily over to the lake and ties her blond locks into a pony tail.



“Oh, that’s too cute” Paige says smiling, taking out her camera to capture a picture of a mother duck followed by her small brown feathered children. “I gotta take this picture of the ducklings.” Paige says smiling, her blond hair shining in the bright sunlight, reflecting the brown and red streaks loose over her shoulders. “Ok, guys smile for the camera.” States a laughing Paige, directing the camera to the two tired women on the bench.



“Whatever man, cheese” Summer says smiling throwing her arm around Blue’s shoulders. The girls make a funny face: crossing their eyes and twisting their mouths, to give the picture an interesting image. Once the click went off, Paige walks back to the bench and sits down gazing at the quiet small peaceful lake. The sun struck the still water, giving the crystal clear water an almost heavenly image.



“Wow, this is beautiful, the lake and the sun. Even the park is gorgeous” States a calm Summer, breathing in the chilly air, gazing at the large trees drooping with the arrays of green leaves and small flowers growing from it. Sighing, she leans back at stares at Blue curiously. “You know, now that I can defend for myself, I think it’s time to answer my question Blue.” Says Summer staring at Blue.



Blue shrugs her shoulders, fiddling her fingers on her dark denim jeans, “You still with that, I thought you dropped it. Alright” and leans back on the bench waiting for the question to come out of Summer’s mouth.



“About A.J. and the reason why you said something was up with him. Are you gonna finally fill me in on it or what?” Summer says perking up her eyes brows in curiosity.



Sighing, Blue looks at Summer carefully before she can say anything. Pulling a few strands of brown hair back into her tight bun, she talks: “You’re right. I’ve been holding off too long in filling you in on it. Please don’t freak out or interrupt me until I’m done. K.” Blue says quietly, catching Summer’s and Paige’s full attention.



Summer nods and knew whatever will be said she will not like the results. Crossing her arms over her shoulders, she hugs herself taking deep breaths waiting for the results of Blue’s response.



Blue takes a long deep breath before continuing, “K, I freaked out cuz A.J. like the other guys as well as Trinity are all working together. See, A.J. is a day walker as well.” She suddenly stops as Summer stands up outraged.



‘This can’t be! Don’t play games with me like this. That isn’t funny at all. You better be lying!” Summer shouts, her arms flailing wildly from the accusation given of A.J.



“Please Summer relax, don’t make a scene! It’s the truth! A.J. as well as the other guys in the group are all day walkers. We’ve been trying to track them down since the beginning. Since you came into the picture, our only hope is you!” Paige says loudly trying to calm down Summer. Paige clutches her Cross necklace and pulls on her gray baby t-shirt eying the slayer. Sitting down on the bench, she places her hands on her knees, looking at her denim jeans.



Blue pulls her knees up to her chest on the bench watching the slayer freak out. Sighing, she stares at Summer, “Are you done yet? Can I continue?” Blue says calmly as Summer settles back on the bench still edgy, her nerves were still on the edge as she runs her fingers through her hair continually. Finally, she stares back at Blue waiting for her to continue. “Sorry, I just don’t like the idea of my A.J. being a bad guy.”



Blue smiles and gives her a hug, “I know it sucks to believe that one of our favorite singers could be a murderer but like Paige said, we’ve been after them for a while. They were responsible for killing my last slayer and they’re after you now.”



Summer couldn’t believe this, how was she to believe such a thing like that. “So you’re saying I have to kill them, I gotta get rid of my fav group!”



Blue looks down on the ground watching the fallen leaves scurrying around the bench they’re on. “Well maybe you don’t have to kill them, maybe we can find another way to stop them.” Blue states looking back up to Summer’s face.



Summer nods her head, “Now that’s more like it! I mean if they are day walkers, they have feelings right? Like human feeling. Maybe we can talk with them, change their minds and let them know that being good has it’s benefits.” She says confidently.



“And if that doesn’t work, then what?” Blue asks curiously.



“Then we’ll do something, but we won’t kill them right?” Summer says nervously.



“But Summer what if they attack and you gotta fight with them then what?” Paige asks nervously.



“Well, I don’t know yet, but let me think about it. Just as long as I don’t hurt them, I think I figure something out.” Summer says beginning to question her motives. Blue and Paige smiles, giving the poor surprised slayer a comforting hug.



“Don’t worry I’ll think of something, so you won’t have to hurt them, unless it’s necessary.” Blue says quietly to Summer.

~*~



He looks at the scene a few feet away, hiding behind a large tree. Scribbling down something on a sheet of paper, he pulls out a camera and takes a couple of pictures of Summer, Paige and Blue. Smiling, he walks away unnoticed by any one to inform the others about what he found. Now he knows who he’s up against. His blue eyes twinkle with the information and he quickly pulls out his cell to tell Nick of his new found discovery. This will help them all get ready for the battle they will face later and he knew from watching the new slayer that he and the others have nothing to fear.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**