- Text Size +
LOL! Anyways, here is the next chapter to this story! Hope ya enjoy and drop a review if you can! So for now, see ya!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-four- Hidden Identity~**



He grabs the camera roll and drops it off at the one hour photo place. He has about forty-five minutes left until the photos are developed and he wasn’t going to waste it. Walking out the small photo shop, he sits down on a bench near a beautiful smaller replica of a waterfall in the lobby of the mall. Staring at it, he was memorized by the graceful presence the water does to him. No wonder why his friend Nick loved the water so much, If I knew the great feeling of being calmed by watching the water run by and trickle about, I’d be in love with it myself. Brian thinks to himself. His peaceful feeling is interrupted by his cell phone going off. He looks around the lobby of the mall he’s in and slowly tugging on his blue baseball hat and putting on his black shades, he exits the area. Glancing at the caller ID on his cell, it was A.J. on the other line. Sighing, he decides to not pick it up: he wasn’t in the mood for talking, especially talking about the new slayer. He’s hungry, that’s all he can think about now and he has to feed now.



He lets his eyes roam the busy streets of Manhattan until he finds a coffee shop nearby the mall. He enters the coffee shop and settles down ordering his food in an empty booth in the back of the café. While waiting, a young Asian girl of about thirteen with short black hair cascading pass her neck, stands next to Brian. He looks at the small girl and smiles.



“I won’t say anything, if you won’t.” Brian says gazing at the small girl, hoping she won’t scream out and do anything that can have him recognized. The young girl smiles and nods her head. Inching closer to Brian, she pushes a small sheet of colorful paper and a marker towards Brian.



“Can I have your autograph?” The young girl whispers, her pleading dark brown eyes begging to have this celebrity do this small favor for her.



“Of course” Brian whispers gently, he takes the paper and marker and signs his name. “Miss, what’s your name?”



The girl blushes and says softly, “Grace”



Brian nods his head and smiling, hands the young girl back her paper. “There you go sweetie. Grace is a pretty name, you go and take care now. This Backstreet Boy is gonna get something to eat.” The girl nods and laughs before walking away. This is one of the reasons he chose to be famous, to make people happy. He lets his bright blue eyes land on the plate of waffles, toast sausage, eggs, hash browns and pancakes in front of him. “Thanks” He whispers to the waitress who brought him the plate. He was more interested in getting some blood but food will have to fill him up for now. He sees the same waitress come with the bill in her hand.



“Sir, do you what anything else or will that be all?” She asks her blue gray eyes sparkling in the harsh restaurant’s florescent lights.



He nods, “How ‘bout some dessert?” He glances at her and waits for her to pull out the menu. Her blond hair loose around her shoulders, showed some brown and red streaks cascading down her shoulders. Her very light skin almost shows radiance through the abrasive lights in the restaurant. Looking at her face, he notices she seems quite young and as if he saw her before. Pushing that thought away, he gazes back at the young waitress.



Shaking his head, he looks at his watch and says quickly to the waitress, “You know what, forget the dessert. I gotta go now. Here’s the money. Keep the change.” Brian says and runs out the restaurant to get to the photo shop. He’s excited to see the results of the pictures and he can feel his heart beat just a little faster from it.

~*~



Paige watches as Brian sped out the coffee shop and she hurries over to the corner near a pay phone waiting for Blue to call. In a few minutes, the pay phone rang and she quickly picks it.



“Hey girl what’s up?” Paige says looking around the restaurant at the customers.



“I wanted to see how it went. Did he recognize you at all? I mean you were lucky he didn’t do anything to you since you’re in public.” Blue says nervously.



Paige shakes her head, “Nope, he seemed in a rush and ran out of here quickly like he was off to do something. I don’t think he knows who I am.” She says quietly as a couple walked by passing near her.



Blue sighs on the other end, “Well that’s good, I didn’t want to go there and kick his behind for messing with you. Alright, let me let you go, I don’t wanna get you in trouble for taking personal calls while working.”



Paige smiles, “No problem, this is business that we’re doing, this wack job ain’t that important to me, just some way of getting money.” She then quickly hangs up the phone and goes over to a customer to take her order.

~*~



Brian looks over the pictures again satisfied with the results. He looks around the lobby of the hotel they are staying at waiting for the others to arrive.



Nick comes running up to Brian and flops down beside him on the smooth black furry sofa in the lobby. His deep blue eyes scan the pictures in Brian’s hand before trying to snatch it away from Brian’s hand.



“Uh, uh” Brian says quietly, “You gotta wait ‘til everyone is here, before I show you the pictures.”



Nick growls and rolls his eyes away from Brian just as the other remaining three members enter the lobby.



“So what’s the deal? You got us all down here and Nick looks excited about something. Tell us Rok!” Howie says and grabs a seat next to Brian.



A.J. leans over Brian to catch a sneak peak at the pictures. “Oh, what’s that? Who did you take pictures of?” A.J. says getting excited, his brown eyes wide open. Kevin pushes Nick away from Brian and takes a seat next to his cousin.



“Let’s see what you got here.” Kevin says quietly, carefully taking the pictures and flipping through the stack. “Well, you guys, this is interesting. It seems Brian got away with snapping pictures of our new slayer. A.J. you said the blond one is the new slayer, which one? There’s two women with blond hair in the picture and a brunette sitting with them.” His green eyes stare at the picture of the girls at the park.



“That one, the smaller blond girl is the slayer” A.J. says pointing to Summer. “The other two I’ve never seen before. Don’t know what they’re doing with the slayer.” A.J. says shrugging his shoulders.



Nick leans down and stares at the close up pictures of the three women. “Hmm, what if one of them is the watcher?” Nick asks.

“Who knows? Maybe.” A.J. states curiously, eying the pictures leaning over Howie’s shoulder. The others stare at the pictures all trying to find answers to that question.



“Brian, you couldn’t hear what they were talking about?” Howie asks inquisitively.



Brian shakes his head, “Not like I could anyway. There was too much noise in the park for me to listen closely to what they were saying.” The others nod their heads in agreement.



“So what do you guys think we should do now?” A.J. says eyeing the others from the beige carpeted floor he’s sitting on, besides Brian’s leg.



“Guess we’ll let Trinity decide.” Howie states as the beautiful Trinity enters the lobby. “Nity, what do you think we should do concerning the slayer?” Howie states mischievously.



Trinity pulls on her lace black long sleeved blouse, giving her caramel skin a delicate look among her clothes. Her black curls are pinned up, leaving some strands hanging gently across her shoulders. Her red lips sneered as she speaks softly. The guys strain to hear her speak. “Well, I think we should go after the one’s who seem to be helping her. The other two girls must be training her. Find which one is the watcher and bring her here. The slayer can’t function right without her watcher helping her out. As for the other girl, we’ll get her later.” Trinity says, sighing deeply as she sits on Howie’s knees all the while smiling from the surprise look from Howie’s face.



“Well A.J. looks like you got your job cut out for you. That’s gonna be interesting, you trying to get the watcher.” Brian says smiling.



“But I didn’t volunteer to get the watcher” A.J. says confused running his hands through his now black hair with hints of red in it.



“You don’t volunteer, you just do it.” Kevin states deeply sending chills down A.J.’s back. “And since Nick seems so preoccupied about the slayer, he’ll tag along with you.” Kevin smiles enjoying the surprise look coming from the taller blond man.



“No, wait! You didn’t ask me.” Nick states annoyed.



‘Why ask? If you’re gonna do it.” Howie says calmly.



A.J. and Nick stare at each other annoyed at the task they now must pull through.



“This is gonna suck big time.” A.J. mutters.



Nick replies, “You’re telling me.” Then both smile and laugh at the small joke made between them. Getting up, both men head out the hotel as the evening sun appears on the horizon. “This will be fun, A.J.” Nick says sarcastically, his blue eyes a darker shade than normal due to his anger.



“I’m sure it will be.” A.J. states, feeling his fangs appear. They boarded the red trailblazer and sped off to track down who the two girls with the slayer are. Hopefully they can get both girls. It’ll be like killing two birds with one stone. A.J. thinks to himself as he pulls away from the hotel smiling all along the way.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**