- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-five- Caught In A Trap~**



Paige yawns and trudges out of the restaurant. Her blue gray eyes shine dully as she pulls her blonds locks into a ponytail showing the red and brown in it. Another day gone, work finished for now. Paige thinks to herself. She feels absolutely exhausted, her bones feels overwhelmed and she couldn’t wait to get home and take a nice long bubble bath. “Man, I think I deserve it with all the hell I been through today.” Paige mutters to herself as she tries to stiffen another yawn. Come on Paige, stay awake just two more blocks until I reach the bus stop. Gotta stay awake ‘til I get home. She thinks to herself. She reaches the vacant bus stop and sits on one of the benches lingering about anticipating the arrival of the bus. “Ugh! Stupid bus, come already! I wanna go home.” Paige states exasperated, throwing her arms in the air showing her frustration. She lets her eyes scan her beige and white waitress uniform while she tugs on one of her blond locks. Closing her eyes, she sits in silence in the late evening hoping she reaches her house quickly before it becomes difficult to get home.

~*~



They drive down the avenue in silence hoping to spot any young girl that might look like the one in the picture Brian took.



“This is hopeless!” Cries out a frustrated Nick, glaring out the passenger side window. He passes his fingers through his blond hair which today was lying carelessly on his head.



“Keep looking, they wouldn’t have sent us if they didn’t think it was possible. Keep watching blondie, I’m sure that chick should be around here somewhere.” A.J. states getting annoyed with Nick’s constant complaining since they were sent on this mission.



“J what do you think we’ll do when we find the watcher?” Says Nick tiredly, yawning and letting his deep blue eyes watch the streets passing by him from the window in the trailblazer.



“Whatever we all agree to do to her.” A.J. states nonchalantly watching the road in front of him. He steers the red trailblazer with the tinted windows down rows of avenues looking out for the girl.



“Stop! There A.J.!” Shouts Nick suddenly reaching on the dashboard for the picture of her in the park. “That’s the girl!” Nick states pointing to the bench at the bus stop.



A.J. feels a smile crawling on his face as he slows down the vehicle. “Time to party!” A.J. states as he gets out the vehicle feeling the excitement running through him.



Nick jumps out of the trailblazer walking calmly to the girl who seems asleep at this point. A.J. races over to the bench and throws his arm around the girl’s shoulder. He whispers something in her ear and she immediately opens her eyes only to be met with the two day walkers in front of her.



“Wha, what do you want from me?” Stutters a nervous Paige. She can feel her heart beginning to race in alarm and her pulse quicken at the sight of the two men. “Please, I don’t wanna to die.” Paige says anxiously, letting her eyes stare at the tall blond man in a green hoodie sweater with black jeans. “Look, I don’t know how you manage to find me but I’m not ‘fraid to defend myself.” Paige states confidently acting tough but inside she dreaded she would cry and scream.



The blond man smiles slowly, his black shades conceals his bright blue eyes. “It’s too late now isn’t it girl! I like to see you try fighting against us.” Nick growls as he inches closer to her towards the bench.



Paige looks at the man with his arm draped on her, “What are you gonna do?” She squeals out. A.J. lets his brown eyes trail over the girl’s neck as her breathing begins to get heavy.



“Nothing, if you do what we say.” A.J. states eyeing her neck once again. She looks at A.J. who is wearing a black baseball hat with the gold letters of BSB sprawled across it. His chocolate eyes were seen beneath the hat taking in the sight of woman sitting there nervously beside him. Tonight he decided to not wear the shades and watch the woman shiver from his gaze. He pulls on his yellow windbreaker and stands in front of Paige in his dark blue baggy denim jeans. “Tell me watcher, where is our little witch of a slayer? Behave or I’ll let Nick feast on you tonight.” A.J. says smiling all the while enjoying the frighten look that passed her face.



“What’s wrong, cat got your tongue? You seem to be doing a lot of talking in the picture. Tell me something watcher, were we part of your conversation?” Nick asks softly whispering it in her right ear.



Paige gulps and stares around at the men. Watcher? What the hell is he talking about? She has to say something, but what? If she says she isn’t the watcher she can be putting Blue in danger as well as Summer. The guys didn’t look like they enjoyed waiting for Paige to respond and each grabbed her by an arm roughly. She opens her mouth ready to scream as A.J. waves his pointer finger in front of her, showing her not to scream while Nick revealed his fangs.



She gulps and holds back tears as she is pushed into the vehicle taking her to a dangerous place. She sits in the back of the car in silence as thoughts of dying begin to consume her. She keeps thinking through tonight, Will I make it out tonight? Will I die?



After a few minutes of driving, the trailblazer stops in front of an exquisite hotel. “If you scream, you’ll die. If you talk things that aren’t asked of you by us, you’ll die. If you choose not to speak, you’ll die. If you resist us and try fighting us, you’ll die. Is that clear? Or should I clarify myself more for you?” Nick states speaking deeply, sending chills down her back.



Paige shakes her head and sees A.J. talking, “Oh, Nicky, I’m sure she knows what to do, right girl?” A.J. asks, eyeing her maliciously from the corner of his eye. Paige gulps and reaches for the door handle getting out of the car with Nick on her side watching her.

~*~



She looks at the six day walkers standing in front of her. She sits on a hard folded chair staring at the five men and one woman in front of her. Howie leans down and stares at her face intensely. “Hmmm, I don’t think she’s the watcher you guys.” Howie states curiously.



“Why would you say that?” Trinity asks, crossing her arms in front of her chest, her black curls hung loosely around her shoulders giving her caramel complexion a stunning appearance. She’s wearing tight black hip-huggers jeans with a loose flowing red halter top.



Howie stares at Paige and then to the others, “Can’t you smell it?” He says cringing his nose at the sight of her.



Kevin stands next to Paige, kneeling down looking at her face. “You’re right. Who would have thought, she would be helping the slayer. I guess we should introduce ourselves to you young one.” He looks at her, his piercing green eyes taking in every detail of the young girl in front of him.



“No need, I know who you all are.” Paige says nervously. She feels her heart hammering against her chest. “Are you going to kill me?” she speaks slowly hoping for a positive response.



Brian shakes his head, his gentle blue eyes absorb the figure slouched in the chair. “What’s your name?” He stands beside her, in a dark blue windbreaker and black jeans. He combs some stray strands of his dirty blond hair back into place and smiles at her.



Paige sniffs backs her tears and whispers quietly, “Paige.”



Kevin stares at her, “How long have you been working with the slayer?” His black blouse clings loosely on him as he tugs on the hems of his black pants.



Wiping away tears, she responds, “About two weeks now.”



Howie walks over to her and hands her a tissue. “I’m confused. Do the girls know about you?”



“Know about my kidnapping now?” Paige asks softly.



“No, about the fact that you’re a day walker.” Howie states, his brown eyes wide with anticipation as he runs his fingers threw his short wavy brown hair. He waits, standing in front of her in a black cotton sweater and dark blue jeans.



She lifts her head up to met with Howie’s gaze, sighing she says, “No, they don’t know about my condition. And I’m not planning on telling them either.”



“That’s too bad. Guess I’ll break the news to them.” Nick states smiling at the information that crossed his ears.



Paige looks wide eyed at him, “Don’t! Please don’t!” She shouts, waving her hands in front of her wildly.



Brian looks down at Paige at the chair, “Well, I’m sure it’ll be an interesting surprise for them. Imagine that, a day walker helping out a slayer. I would have never guessed.” He says grinning at her and walks out of the hotel room laughing softly.



A.J. stares at Paige curiously, “You know you won’t leave here alive unless you decide to help us track down the slayer.” He walks over to her and shows her his fangs, “I missed my lunch today trying to look for you, so if you don’t work with us, I’ll get filled up with you. I heard drinking another day walkers blood is sweet to the soul. I’m curious to find out.” A.J. states, licking his lips hungrily at her.



Paige gulps, what am I gonna do? Should I join them and spare my life or spare the lives of the others and die? Paige drops her head on her chest as she feels the wet cool tears roll down her warm face. This could mean the end of her life as well as the others if she chooses to fight against the slayer or not. She closes her eyes hoping that when she opens them again, she can wake up back in her bed and know that it was just a dream.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**