- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-six- Intruder~**



She stands in front of the full length mirror to examine her outfit. Her army tank top had sparkling letters ‘military brat’ in gold on the front. Her long thin legs showed off her tan beneath her khakis shorts. Strapping on some beige sandals, she shows off her newly baby blue painted toes nails. Her light blond hair are in small braids twisted down across her broad shoulders and her bluish green eyes sparkle in delight as she grabs her small back pack. This might just be more fun than I thought, she thinks to herself. She puts on some light pink lip gloss checking herself out and happy with the results before her, she grabs her keys. Smiling, she heads out the house door walking to the nearest bus stop that will transport her to a subway to get to New York. While walking along the hot hazy morning, she hears the faint sound of her cell phone going off. Mumbling, she reaches into her small black jean back pack she has slung over her left shoulder. Looking at the caller ID, she already knew who it was.



Mumbling, she answers the phone, “What?” She states rudely squinting her eyes against the bright sun.



“Well hello to you too” states the familiar voice on the other end of the phone.



“So why the call?” sighs Ana waiting for the response.



“I just wanted to know where you at and if you reached New York yet.” Says an eager Nick in the phone.



“Hmmm, let’s see I don’t see the Statue of Liberty and the empire state building doesn’t seem to be here either, hmm, I guess I’m still in PENNSYLVANIA!” Ana shouts the last word into the phone annoyed at why he even called.



“My Back, what’s with the sarcasm!” Shouts Nick, he continued, “I just wanted to see how everything is going with you Ana.”



Sighing Ana responds, “I guess I’m ready, I mean I can pull this off right? I don’t think I would be chosen if I couldn’t do it. I guess I’m a little concerned that’s all, about how everything will turn out.”



“I promise you, you don’t have to worry ‘bout this, everything will succeed. We got the watcher with us now, I sure the slayer’s freaking out now.” Nick states laughing.



A smile crawled on Ana’s face as she heard about this, her beautiful bluish green eyes opened wide at this thought. “Really, you got the watcher! How? I gotta see him!”



“Her and we just grabbed her off a bus bench.” Nick replied.



“Tell me later ‘bout it k, I’m boarding the bus now, talk to ya later, K. Bye!” Ana states pushing the end button on her cell phone. She goes up the stairs on the bus and pays the fare. Grabbing a seat in the back of the bus, she looks out the window as excitement floods her body. She couldn’t wait to see who they caught.

~*~



“Man, didn’t you say she gets out of work at seven, it’s already nine twenty, you don’t think something happened.” States a concerned Summer pacing around the living room. Her short blond hair tied up in a high ponytail having her locks in wavy curls down her neck. A green halter top fitted snuggly on her and she is wearing low black hip hugger jeans.



Blue looks up at Summer from the sofa, pulling on her light blue tank top with light blue ribbons tied near the shoulders, she places her hands on her knees covered in a jean skirt with light blue ribbons tied around as a belt. “Chill out Summer, we can’t jump to conclusions about what happened with her. If she doesn’t reach here in about fifteen minutes I’ll give her a call at her job. Maybe she’s running late.” Blue says leaning back into the sofa.



“I guess, maybe she’ll call” Summer states flopping on the sofa besides Blue. Suddenly as if on cue, the white cordless phone begins ringing.



“Oh, that’s has to be her!” Summer squeals and runs to the hallway of the house and picked up the phone. After what seemed like a couple of minutes, Blue realized she hasn’t heard Summer talking on the phone.



Curious, Blue gets off the sofa and walks over to the hallway to find Summer curled up in a fetus position, hugging her knees up to her chest. “Oh, God, what happened?” Blue says nervously. She reaches for Summer who is shaking with fear. Pulling her into a hug, she whispers, “Summer who was on the phone? Why are you so scared?”



Summer shakes a little and responds before bursting into tears, “They have her, she’s caught. That was Kevin on the phone saying they have her and they plan on killing her if I don’t show up.” Pulling away from Blue’s hug, her blue eyes reflecting the gold specks in them open wide. “You don’t think they’re planning on getting you as well. They know about us some how.”



Blue’s soft brown eyes open wide, “Oh man, that’s not good! Summer listen to me, they’re coming after me, you have to be ready at all times. I don’t know how long I’m gonna be here with you. If and when they get me, I’m not gonna make it out alive.” Blue states, as her heart breaks at the sight of the emotionally hurt slayer.



Summer’s tears rolled down her face quickly, “What? Don’t say that! You won’t get caught, I’ll make sure of that. You trained me well, you never gave up on me even if I wasn’t the best slayer around. You won’t die!” Summer shrieks. “I won’t let them touch you!” Summer continues screaming in pain.



“Shh, relax, take it easy, I don’t want you getting an anxiety attack on me. Take deep breaths and close your eyes.” Blue says quietly, rubbing Summer’s left shoulder. Summer nods her head and closes her wet blue eyes. Tears seep through her eyes and rolled down her face staining her green halter top. Blue’s eyes begin filling up with tears just watching Summer crying.



Suddenly, the doorbell rings breaking the sad silence that instilled the house. Moving away from Summer, Blue reaches the front door and opens it hoping it was Paige there. Instead an average height teenager stands in front her, her blond hair in twisted braids down her broad shoulders, her blue green eyes sparkle. The sun shines down on the girl’s pale skin. Blue notices the girl has various piercings in each ear, four to be exact. The girl seems very bubbly and was happy to see Blue answer the door.



“Hiya doing Jamelet?” The girl says looking down at Blue.



Blue rolled her eyes and mutters, “Ana, figured you’d show up.” Blue crosses her arms in front of her examining the girl before her.



Summer creeps up behind Blue and pokes her head towards the door, “Blue who’s that?”



Blue looks at the girl and back to Summer. “That’s Ana, she used to work in our company until she was booted out for deceitfulness. Looked like she didn’t want the good guys winning.”



“Hey take that back, I thought you had to be deceiving in this business. It’s not like you never did it before. Besides the whole good guy thing always winning just got to me if the bad guy looks sexy.” Ana states joking and laughing slightly.



Blue shakes her head and stands in front of the door way pursing her lips.



“Hey, ain’t you gonna let me in?” Ana says pouting her lips playfully, giving her puppy dog eyes.



“No, if you wanna talk then talk, cuz I ain’t letting you in so you can bring dirt in my place.” Blue states rudely.



Ana acts shock and places her hand over her chest as if surprised. ‘Blue you still haven’t let that go. Come on, I totally did not know you were training him. Gotta tell ya though he was the sweetest thing. Sorry that he died.” Ana states, nodding her head.



Summer clears her throat and looks at Blue for explanation. Blue leans near Summer’s ear and whispers, “I’ll explain later.” Summer nods her head and watch the stranger in front of the door.



“Sure you are, sweety, just like you didn’t know he can die when getting stabbed in the chest.” Blue states nastily.



Ana sighs, “Look, that was A.J.’s plan, we almost had him too. Remember? He almost died but he got away!”



“All thanks to you Ana!” Blue shouts, glaring at Ana’s direction.



“I’m sorry Jamelet! Please I didn’t know, can’t we just let this go for now at least. Look, I heard about what happen with the girl, I was sent down here to help cover for her.” Ana says slowly looking in Blue’s brown eyes. “I wanna do right, I’m gonna help you get the guys this time! Please!!” Ana states, clasping her hands together near her chest.



“Personally, I don’t need your help. I’ll get someone else to cover for Paige.” Blue states.



Summer interrupts, Wait, Blue, she can be useful. You guys obviously have some past together dealing with this so why not try working together.” Summer says eyeing both women carefully.



“She’s right! Let’s try working together this time!” States Ana.



Blue nods her head, “I’ll think about it.” Shaking her head, her brown shoulder length hair tied in a ponytail lays across her shoulders. “Come it” she mutters, moving aside letting Ana enter the house.

~*~

Brian walks back into the room to see Paige still seating in the hard folded metal chair. His blue eyes spark up as he races over to her. He pulls on his blue windbreaker wiping his hands on his black jeans. He sits on floor staring at Paige who was fast asleep. “Paige, psssh, Paige, wake up!” Brian whispers.



Paige opens her blue gray eyes and stares at the day walker. Her fangs were out and her stomach was killing her. “So you’re hungry.” Brian mutters quietly. “Here, take this, Figured you can use it.” He holds a small glass bottle filled with blood and hands it to her.



“I don’t want it!” Screams Paige. “Take it away from me!” Paige squeals, her blond hair was tied in a low ponytail and the light reflected the streaks of brown and red aligning her hair. Kevin and Howie enter the room staring at the screaming day walker.



“What the hell did you do to her?” Howie asks taking the blood filled bottle away from Paige.



“Thought she was hungry? Figured she needed some of this to relax her.” Brian asks.



Howie pulls on his black sweater and wearing blue jeans stare at Paige curiously. Kevin walks over to her and picks her up in his arms. This begins a series of screaming on her part as she struggles to get away from his grasp.



“Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!” Paige yells.



A.J. races into the room, “Tell her to shut up, security is gonna get sent up and we can get kicked out of this place!” States a frustrated A.J. throwing his arms in the air. He was wearing the yellow windbreaker and dark blue denim jeans. The hat was off and in its place were tinted shades. He stares at Paige as she settled back on the seat drying away tears that had fallen on her face. He walks to her and patted her head, “We won’t hurt you Paigey waigey, just be a good girl for now. Your friends are searching for you and we got some help from a former watcher herself. Maybe you might know her.”



“Her name’s Ana” Nick states interrupting, entering the room again in his green hooded sweater and black jeans. “I called her and she’s on her way to the brunette’s place.” Nick says, his blond locks lying languidly on his head.



“She has a name!” shouts Paige frustrated but then realizing her mistake.



“Oh really, care to inform me?” Questioned Nick, his blue eyes sparkling with interest. He stands in front of her waiting for her to speak.



“Well, are you gonna say it or do we have to hurt you to get it?” Kevin states his green eyes piercing at Paige as he is dressed all in black with the blouse and pants.



Paige shakes her head and tucks her head towards her chest.



“Oh, so you’re not gonna say? What’s the slayer’s name at least?” Howie asks curiously.



Paige remained quiet. “Man, I hate this! Speak or I’ll kill you!” Shouts Nick. He reaches for her neck as her eyes shot open. He pressed his fingers tightly around her neck as she begins gagging. She struggles to get away from his grip but was slowly losing energy.



“Nick stop! What the hell is wrong with you! We don’t need her to tell us their name. Brian found the names through the computer. It’s Jamelet and the slayer is Summer.” A.J. says helping Howie take Nick’s hands off Paige throat.



“Alright, I guess we should step on it then, go after the slayer and the other girl. Trinity stay here with Paige, if she acts up kill her.” Kevin states leading the other men out the hotel room closing the door behind them.



Trinity squats in front of Paige who is coughing with difficulty rubbing her raw red neck crying quietly. “There, there now. Things don’t look that bad now does it? Don’t worry your friends won’t suffer much. I’m sure they’re getting ready to meet the Boys shortly now that Kevin left a message for them.” Trinity states rubbing Paige’s arms gently all the while enjoying the suffering the girl is enduring.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**