- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Twenty-Eight- In A Day Walkers Heart~**



He lies on his back and stretches on the bed in his hotel room. His soft brown eyes gaze over to the open window where the moonlight shone and caresses his bare chest, giving his tattoos a shining appearance. A soft breeze came in, billowing the pure white curtains to the side. He thinks about the interviews and the promotion they gave yesterday. He heaves a deep sigh and contemplates last night’s events. We have the watcher and her friend. The slayer is helpless and with Ana’s help, Summer’s in danger. He felt sort of sad at those last words: the fact the slayer was going up against them made him feel some sort of tenderness towards her. She won’t be ready, with Trinity on our side and Ana’s conniving ways. Poor little Summer will never know what to expect. He thinks, his eyes glowing with excitement searing through him. His eyes stayed focus on the window at the bright full moon, its white almost innocent light covering his body in a form of an invisible blanket. He feels a small smile creeping up on his face as he settles down for a nice long nap. Peacefulness surrounds him.



Suddenly the loud consistent knocking coming from the door startled him. Jumping up in the air in quick fright, he turns his head to the door. He stares lazily at the door, sighing he shakes his head.



“What da ya what?” A.J. yells annoyed from being bothered.



“Oh, J did I wake ya up?” Brian’s voice says through the other side of the door.



“Not any more.” Mutters A.J. quietly as he slides off the bed and answers the door.



Brian’s smile lit up his face as he pushes pass A.J. into the room. Closing the door quietly, he pulls on A.J.’s arm. “Listen, I what to ask you for a favor?” He whispers to A.J. in the darkness of the room.



A.J. rolled his eyes and sits down on the edge of the bed. Sighing, he stares at the bright blue eyes in the dark room, “Depends on the favor.”



Brian softly laughs at that and continues, “See now that we got the girls working with the slayer here, I was hoping you can check on the house, where Summer is staying. I wanna know what she’s doing.”



And you ask me this because?” A.J. asks annoyed.



Brian shrugs his shoulders and flops on the edge of the bed next to A.J. “Just figured you were up to it, besides you can judge for yourself what the slayer is like.”



“Why don’t you send Kevin or Howie?” A.J. asks, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.



“Kevin’s with his wife and Howie is out with Trinity hunting.” Brian states reasonably.



A.J. clicked his tongue in his mouth in nuisance and turned to look at the blue eyes. “Well what about blondie, get his big behind to do it. Or better yet you do it.”



“Can’t, Nick caught Blue and I’m expecting company to stop by. Hint, hint, my wife won’t be pleased with me kidnapping a girl.” Brian says awkwardly.



A.J. stands in front of Brian and laughs all the while making a whipping noise.



“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever man. Look, are ya down with this or what?” Brian asks annoyed.



“Do I have a choice?” A.J. asks irritated. He looks at the dark figure sitting beside him, Brian shaking his head no.



“Bro, you’re a pro at this, what are you afraid of?” Brian states and opens the door and leaves the room.



“Nothing, I guess.” A.J. whispers, taking a deep breath.

~*~



He walks near the large oak trees in the backyard and climbs up on the branch. He sits down on the thick branch and stares at the yard of the slayer. He tugs on his dark blue baseball hat with the letters of a basketball team on it and pulls on his black windbreaker. He swings his legs in his dark blue denim jeans in the air, sitting on the branch wondering what’s going on inside the house.

~*~



Summer quickly dresses in a yellow tied back halter top and black baggy jeans. Tying her hair blond locks in a tight ponytail, her green eyes sparkle with energy.



Summer, you done yet?” Ana shouts impatiently from the other side of the bedroom door.



“Almost, just give me a sec.” Shouts Summer annoyed and after about a minute she steps out the room . “Ok, have you’ve seen Blue? I’ve would have thought for sure she would be up here.”



Ana shrugs her shoulders and tugs on her military tank top. Feeling uncomfortable, she places her hands in the pockets of he khakis shorts and swings her light blond hair in twisted braids over her shoulders. “I thought she was up here with you?” Ana asks curiously, her blue eyes dull in confusion.



Suddenly Ana places her hand over her mouth in surprise, “Oh man, wait I think I saw her go outside in the yard.”



Summer runs over to the bedroom window to look at the yard, “I heard yelling before! You think something happened to her?” She squeals lightly running down the stairs and out the yard. Ana follows closely behind.



Summer steps outside the yard and looks around the area. “Blue, where you at?” she shouts. She looks back to where Ana was standing at before and noted Ana was gone. “Ana! Ana! Girl, where did you go?”



Summer takes a deep breath and walks back to the door. Realizing she just trapped herself outside, she groans inwardly. She begins to feel anxious. Paige and Blue disappeared and now the only one who might help me is also gone. She thinks to herself. The darkness of the yard suddenly frightened her. If someone came in here and Blue is missing and got kidnapped, what if the day walkers find her here alone. Panic rose in her and she was going to freak out if she couldn’t relax herself. Ok, ok what would Blue tell me if she was here. She thinks to herself. She steps on something that crunched beneath her sneakers. Brushing away the fallen leaves on the ground, she sees a piece of paper. Picking it up she reads the paper, it seemed it was written recently in ink which seemed smeared as if someone was struggling to write it. It read:



Hello Summer, we know who you are. We have your friend, Paige and Blue and if you wanna see them alive then met us at one in the morning at…” A piece of the note was torn away leaving the note incomplete and leaving Summer confused. “Ugh! Tonight is not my night!” Summer grabs the paper with shaking hands and put it in her pocket. She has to save her friends but she doesn’t know where to go. She walks over to an old oak tree and sits down at the bottom of the tree. She feels her eyes wet with tears and she hugs herself for comfort and warmth. “Man, Blue I’m so sorry for letting you down. I promise you I’ll do this right.” Two tears trail down the side of her face and she sniffs. She hears a noise and looking up she sees A.J. smiling at her from a tree branch. He grabs the branch he’s on and jumps off it. He lands in front of her with a thud on his feet and his smile grows bigger.



“Wanna know what the rest of the note says?” A.J. asks curiously. His chocolate eyes gaze at the small woman in front of him.

She shakes in fright feeling star-struck. Her bright green eyes open wide and she places her hand over her mouth. “Oh my gosh! A.J.! A.J.! Ahhhhh! I love your music! I love your music. And I can’t believe I’m talking to ya! You’re so fine!” She states blushing.



A.J. laughs and stares at her happily, “I guess it’s a good thing you know me. I think I saw you before in one of our concerts.”



“Yes! I went to the one in Nassau Coliseum. You were great!” Summer states excitedly. She jumps up and down and then looked at A.J. closely.



A.J. pushed Summer up against the tree, “Well my dear Summer, I was sent here on business, not for your enjoyment.” He leans on her pushing his weight so she won’t move away. “Slayer, I got your buddies, wanna save them?”



Summer nods her head, fear running through her body. She can smell his cologne and was enchanted by his appearance. His smile grows and his brown eyes look at the small figure he has pinned up against the tree.



“Meet us at Vanderbilt cemetery tonight at one in the morning. Oh, by the looks of it, you got three hours left. I suggest you get ready. You wouldn’t want to go up against us unprepared.” A.J. whispers in her ear.



Summer’s mouth drops opens, “Tell me something, A.J., don’t you feel bad about all the people you hurt and killed?”



“Why are ya asking?” A.J. states pulling away from her looking confused.



“Just curious. I mean you wouldn’t want your fiancé knowing what you do, right?” Summer states softly.



A.J. looks at her and smiles, “You wanna know what I’m thinking. How cute. I’m not telling. But I can tell you something, I have a conscience. I remember all the lives I take and what could have been if I never killed them.”



“Then you feel bad then! Change! What’s stopping you?” Summer chokes out holding back tears emerging out of her green eyes.



“Nothing, I just chose to live this way. It’s too late to change the past.” A.J. says sorrowful. He walks away from Summer and stares at her inches away.



She could have sworn she saw tears coming in his eyes. “Do you sleep well with all the killing you done?”



A.J. turns his back to her and walks away while whispering, “I don’t remember the last time I had a good night sleep. Let’s just hope you don’t become a memory like the others.” With that he walks into the darkness and disappears from Summer’s sight into the night.



Summer smiles, Maybe he can be good after all. Wonder if he’ll help me. She thinks to herself. She walks back to the backyard and starts training. Hopefully no one can get hurt and she can save her friends. As for the fight, she couldn’t think about it, she’s already too scared about this whole thing. This is her life and her destiny, she will succeed and hopefully she can live to tell the tale.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED~**