- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter thirty-one- What Reality Holds~**



“Wait, hold up.” Summer says states quietly turning to look at the entrance of the cemetery.



“What?” Ana asks curiously, her bluish green eyes scroll the decaying arc at the entrance.



“Well, I found this note, and when you disappear about a couple of hours ago, A.J. was at our place.” Summer answers nervously, as she twirls on one of her loose blond strands while fidgeting to pull out the note.



Ana’s eyes shot wide open as she races over to read the torn note Summer held up in front of her.



“What does it say? Do you think they hurt them already?” Ana shouts frantically.



“Not much, just that we have to meet the guys here at one. If we wanna help Paige and Blue then I guess we should remain here.” Summer whispers quietly walking over to a wooden bench near the cemetery.



“Wait Summer, what are we gonna do? We’re not just gonna stand around here are we?” Ana asks curiously eyeing the slayer sitting on the bench.



“Not necessarily, we’ll be sitting.” Summer states, smiling, patting the available space next to her on the bench.



Ana eyes Summer oddly then shaking her head, she slumps into the space sitting beside the slayer. Taking a deep breath, breathing in the musty cold air from the cemetery, she rubs her arms with her hands to warm up. “Guess we’ll be waiting for a while then huh?”



Summer shakes her head. So where did ya head off to last night?” She eyes Ana, her green eyes wide open, the gold specks in it, shining clearly in the streetlight.



Ana rolls her bluish green eyes toward the dark heavens above her. Sighing, she responds: “I ran off towards this direction because I heard a day walker approaching nearby. Guess my watcher instincts are off. I left you in danger and alone and it’s my fault you had to meet him in such a condition. A.J. was closer to us than I thought. He didn’t do anything to you right?”



Summer shakes her head, “Na, he just told me what the rest of the note said. I know it’s been planned out.”



“That’s sucks that we gotta get rid of them. Think Blue and Paige can turn them good?” Ana asks softly.



Summer shrugs her shoulders, “I’ll guess we’ll find out.”



“Oh, you think they might come late meeting us here?” Ana asks looking around the deserted area of the cemetery and the vacant streets.



“Doubt it, if they’re as serious about being on time in the music business then I’m sure that they’ll be here on time for this. ‘Specially if they have the girls with them.” Summer states quietly.



“So what will we do to kill time now?” Ana says softly gazing at Summer at the few blood drop stains on her yellow halter top.

Smiling, Summer says, “We’ll sit and wait.”



“Oh well that sounds like fun.” Ana says sarcastically closing her eyes for a few minutes.

~*~



The red carpeted floor shines brightly as Blue struggles to free from the tight grip of Howie and Brian. The entire mansion is covered with a bright red carpet over the black marble floor. Limping up a dozen white curved staircase, she is being directed roughly by men. She’s being dragged to a second floor level room where Paige is. A large oak door creeks open and Blue sees Paige tied up to a chair while Kevin held a lighter near Paige’s face.



“PAIGE! Oh God what happened? Did they hurt you?” Blue shouts with concern, her small curvy figure shivered at the sight before her.



The normally light colored complexion on Paige has gone completely pale, and her intense blue grey eyes have lost its cheerful glow and now remain dim. Her beautiful blond hair aligning her side cascades down her shoulders revealing the streaks of red and brown in it. Her eyes were downcast and she seemed spaced out and not paying attention.



Blue struggles to free from the men’s grasp. “Get off, I wanna see how she’s doing.”



Brian looks at Howie and both nod their heads. Howie pushes Blue into the deserted room where the wooden chair with Paige is. The guys close the door. But before that, Howie sticks his head in the room, “You can stay here with her. She’ll have to tell you something, and personally I can’t wait till she tells you. And if she doesn’t, well Nick will gladly tell you.” With that the door closes leaving both women in the room.



“Tell me what? What are they talking about?” Blue says quietly leaning near Paige examining her. She glares at Kevin as he moves away from Paige and tucks the lighter in his pant pocket. He stands in the shadows of the room hidden away from the girls.



“I promise you won’t even hear me. Go ahead and talk. Paige has to tell you something.” Kevin states laughing quietly.



Blue looks into Paige’s blue grey eyes and wait for an answer. “Tell me please, what is it that they’re talking about?” Blue whispers softly.



“It’s nothin’ really.” Paige whispers quietly.



“If it’s nothing, why would the guys say it as if you’re hiding something from me.” Blue says quietly kneeling down, staring into Paige’s dull blue grey eyes.



Paige takes a deep breath, “It’s just that well, I, I, I’m not who you think I am.”



Kevin cuts in, “I’ll think I’ll be outside for this now. Looking at Blue, I’d be afraid of her reaction. If you need anything just call one of us, K.” He then crosses over to the room and leaves closing the large oak door behind him.



Blue stares back at Paige with fear in her eyes. “What do you mean by that?” Blue states nervously backing away from Paige. Pulling on her purple tank top, she eyes Paige.



“I’m a vampire.” Paige whispers.



“WHAT!” Blue shouts, her medium brown eyes open wide in fright. She stumbles back in her dark denim jeans staring at Paige. “You gotta be kidding me! You’ve been working with me these past couple of years and now is when you decide to tell me that you’re one of them! Does the company know about your little identity problem?”



“No, if they did I wouldn’t be working with you.” Paige mutters quietly.



Blue drops on the floor, sitting on the black tile floor. She draws her legs up to her chest and wraps her arms around her legs. Taking a deep breath, she stares at Paige. “This is unbelievable, so what are you a vampire or rather a day walker?”



“I’m a day walker, a day walker with a soul. Which is why I’m determined to eliminate the rest of my species. I know how they found us. It wasn’t with Ana’s help only. They were drawn to my blood.” Paige whispers as tears flow out of her eyes.



“It’s ok Paige, listen we will stop them. I have a plan. Just relax, these guys are messing with the wrong women. And personally, I’m pissed off with them with what they did. And the blond one is gonna get it for smacking me.” Blue states, her eyes growing dark in anger and a sinister grin upon her face. “As for you, I gave you my trust and you lied to me. Tell me how am I suppose to feel?” Blue says with hurt in her voice.



“I’m sorry, so sorry, you know I never did anything to harm you! Please tell me you understand and know that I would never put you in any danger. Please Jamelet, you know me better than that.” Paige cries out, her tears splash down her face wetting and falling on her beige waitress uniform.



Blue looks down at the floor and closes her eyes. She leans back on the white cream wall and takes a deep breath. “Your actions will speak louder than your words. Let’s just see if you really mean what you say.” Blue whispers as she stares at Paige in disbelief.

~*~



“Can anyone tell me what’s the use with Blue? Shouldn’t we just kill her and get her out the way.” Nick mumbled.



“Nick how dense can you be? She’s the watcher, we need her, you idiot.” A.J. growled angrily.



“And how the hell do you know that?” Nick shouts angrily in A.J.’s face.



“Quiet you guys, and Nick you can tell she’s the one. Didn’t you see how protective she got when we mentioned Summer?” Howie says quietly eyeing the younger member.



“And the way she acted when she saw Paige.” Kevin’s voice boomed in the old Victorian mansion living room.



“Oh ok, so what about Summer? She got the note right?” Nick asks: his blue eyes narrow in suspense. He pulls on his long sleeve blue windbreaker and tugs on his black baggy jeans.



“She knows, Trinity got sent out, she should be handling her right now.” Brian says putting on a navy blue blazer.



“And if Trinity somehow dies in this, what happens then?” Nick states settling down on a black leather sofa in the room.



“We still win. Trinity would have been out the way anyway. Don’t you see Nicky boy, she’s our bait. Once the slayer takes the bait, all we gotta do is pull her right in.” Kevin says excitedly.



“So I guess we should wait then right?” Brian asks to Kevin.



Kevin nods his head, “Yup and by the looks of it, it seems she got the bait.” Smiling he walks out the house followed by the others. “Stay here, I’m gonna lead the slayer here. Then my boys, the fun will really start.” Kevin states excitedly.



The others shout in joy and jump around in the front yard of the house waiting for the festivities to begin.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**