- Text Size +
A/N: Wow, guys we are almost at the end of this story. (Sniff, sniff.) I’m getting all sad now. But on a happier note, this chapter will have some kick butt action! Fighting will be in this chapter and what fun it is to write on people getting their butts kicked! I’m being silly, let’s move on and enjoy! Again thanks so much for all of you guys- the readers- for supporting me on this story! You’re all amazing, thanks again for all you’re support! You guys rock!! Much love you guys! Until later, bye for now!



“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Thirty-three- Killer Instincts~**



Summer rests her back on the wooden bench and yawns. Her green eyes scroll the cemetery behind her and she stares at Ana curiously.



“Whatcha thinking?” Summer asks quietly looking at the adolescent sitting besides her.



Ana stares back at Summer, her bluish green eyes seemed distracted. “Just thinkin’ ‘bout what will happen. Will we make it out alive? Can you kill a Backstreet Boy? Things like that. Why?”



Summer shrugs her shoulders and takes a deep breath, “Because I’m concerned that’s all. Why do you think I have to kill them? Maybe I won’t have too. As for making it alive, I’m determined to make sure that all of you guys remain safe and that we can all move on. I don’t wanna think about losing any one of us. We’re a team and I can’t afford to lose any one.”



Suddenly Summer sees Ana hugging her, whispering “Thanks.” Summer smiles and pats Ana’s shoulder, “No problem, no problem at all.” Pulling away from Ana’s hug, Summer stands up in a state of alarm.



“What? What’s wrong?” Ana whispers nervously pushing a stray blond strand back into her braided bun.



“Shhh, I think I heard something. Try to be quiet. I’m going around the other side of cemetery to check out where that sound came from.” Summer states quietly. She moves quickly to the back side of the deserted cemetery all the while feeling completely nervous and afraid. She feels goose bumps rising on her arms as she approaches the end of the cemetery. “Hmm… Guess it was nothing, probably something in the wind.” Summer whispers to herself as she makes her way back to the bench where Ana is standing.



“Or maybe it’s me.” Whispers an all too familiar voice coming from the cemetery.



She stares at a silhouette of a tall man and she gulps standing there in shock.



“Precious, just precious. No one told me how beautiful you look in real life. Pictures can only capture a hint of your beauty. Why are you scared? Afraid I hurt your friends? No need to be worried ‘bout that. They’re safe for now that is. All I need is for you to follow me.” The man says, his green eyes stood out among the darkness that surrounds them both.



“Why? So you can get me. I don’t trust you.” Summer states carefully backing away slowly from the large approaching figure. Her green eyes shine brightly in fear and she clutches her Cross necklace tightly. Gulping, she turns around and begins running.



“Why run? I have answers to your questions and I know where your friends are. Do you really want to run away and not save them. I’m leading you to them. If you wanna see them then I insist you follow me to where they’re at. If not, it’ll be too bad that they’ll die because of your fear of not following instructions. Besides, I think you’ll find some interesting news from one of your friends, that’ll surly freak you out.” Kevin says quietly, laughing softly.



“You’ll take me to them?” Summer asks not buying into his whole plan. She stares at him with curiosity in her eyes. She places her hands on her hips waiting to see what this day walker has in store.



“You heard me, I’ll do just that. So what do you think?” Whispers Kevin, his deep voice vibrating in the air.



Summer nods her head slowly, “I’ll go, but I’m going with someone.” She states moving farther away from Kevin.



Laughing, Kevin whispers, “If you’re looking for Ana, don’t worry ‘bout her. I made sure she knows where we’re at. So if anything, you’ll see her at the place. So are you coming now?”



Summer takes a deep breath and holds her Cross necklace. “I’ll follow, just go in front of me and I’ll follow you after words.”



Kevin smiles, “Ok, well let’s go then, we don’t wanna keep your friends waiting too long, their life is in your hands.” And with that Kevin trudges out the cemetery followed by Summer a few feet behind. She looks up at the sky and prays that whatever happens that she can make it out alive to tell the tale.

~*~



“Nick, they’re calling you. Go to them so they can shut up.” Brian states running his fingers through his sandy blond hair.



“Na man, let A.J. or Howie go to them. I ain’t moving right now. I really don’t feel like talking to those girls.” Nick mumbled, running his fingers through his blond spikes.



Brian shrugs his shoulders and let out a sigh. “I’ll be right back, I gotta call Leigh and find out when her plane leaves from here.” Then Brian jogs off back into the house, closing the white large oval front door behind him.



Nick yawns and continues staring at the black gate waiting for the slayer and Kevin to arrive.

~*~



“Aw, what the hell is wrong with those girls?” A.J. mumbled as he approaches the door where Paige and Blue are in. Howie closes his bedroom door and walks pass A.J.



“Hey, I’ll be downstairs if ya need me, k.” Howie mumbled and descends down the white curved staircase.



A.J. grumbles and before turning the door shouts to Howie, “Tell Nick to get his behind up here, He’s suppose to do this, not me!”



Howie mumbles something back incoherent from downstairs and leaves the front door to get the other member of the group.



A.J. turns the copper doorknob and pushes the door open to shut the girls up.



Paige and Blue stand on either side of the door, their backs against the wall away from the opening door. Paige looks at Blue with big blue grey eyes and stares at the door slowly opening.



Blue places her finger over her mouth, motioning for Paige to remain quiet, as she holds her small blade in her right hand. Paige understanding, stares at the thick wooden door. A.J. steps into the room and not looking to either side of him to see the girls, stares around the room. What happens next, happened so fast it was difficult to think it all took place in just a few minutes.



“Come out, come out wherever you are.” A.J. whispers eerily. Blue walks quietly behind A.J. as Paige follows behind her. In a quick movement, Blue pushes the blade into A.J.’s back. He lets out a blood curling scream and grabs Blue by the throat throwing her across the room. “AW! Ouch, you lil’ wench!” A.J. shrieks out. Paige jumps on A.J.’s back throwing her legs around his neck, slamming him against the hard wall. He looks up to see her face and grabs her legs flinging her off him. She lands on the floor hard on her back as A.J. rushes over to her to kick her. Blue struggling in pain rushes over to A.J. and still holding onto the small blade now smeared in his blood, she stabs his thigh. He turns around and slaps her face. She collapses to the floor in pain and she rubs her sore face gently.



“I’m tired of this, you think I’m playing with you girls, I can kill you both. Nothin’ stopping me right now from killng you. But for the slayer’s sake, I’ll wait for your friend Summer to arrive before I dispose of both you girls.” A.J. remarks angrily.



Paige curls in pain as Blue reaches her to see if she’s ok. A.J. approaches the girls in fury as his fangs came out of his mouth giving him a deathly appearance. “Now, no time for games! You made my friend sad and he’s considering leaving this whole thing. If I find out he left at any point during this whole mission. I won’t think about killing you, you’ll already be dead when I lay my hands on you.” A.J. whispers sending chills down the girls back. He raises his feet in the air ready to kick either one of the girls, when suddenly one of guys called him from downstairs.



“You’re lucky I have to do something else. But don’t think I let ya off the hook. I’ll be back to get rid of both of you. You can count on that. You caused me enough trouble as it is. Especially you watcher, or should I say Blue. I’ll kill you nice and slow so I can hear you scream for mercy. The look of pain on you will be like rapture. A pure joy really.” A.J. whispers harshly.



“I’ll get revenge for what you did to my brother!” Blue shouts in anger, her brown eyes in slits sending him a death glare.



A.J. smiles and looks at Blue laughing, “I’m sure the taste of your blood will be as sweet as your brothers.”



Paige shouts out, “Why are you like this? Don’t you have feelings at all, you speak like a psycho! Stop killing, you’re insane if you think it’s right to do this!”



A.J. stares at her, his smile growing wider, “Psychos don’t think, they just do things, I on the either hand have waited all my life for this time and have planned this for such a long time. I’m not going to ruin it by actually feeling bad that you will die. Don’t try to talk me out of it, I don’t know you and I personally could care less what you’re thinking.” A.J. sneers and locks the door behind him leaving the room.



“Man, why does he have to be such a bastard?” Paige mutters quietly as she nurses her wounds.



Blue touches her lips which is bleeding and she takes a deep breath. “If Summer doesn’t kill them, I won’t hesitant to get rid of him and the others.” She winces in pain and helps Paige stand up. Both women were in pain but anger overtook their pain. They were ready for whatever will happen.

~*~



A.J. goes down the stairs limping, looking for Howie. “D, I’m this close to losing it with those girls. Why did you call me? I was in the middle of throwing away some trash we have upstairs.” He states placing his thumb and pointer finger on his right hand about one centimeter away from one another to show how close he was to killing the girls.



Howie smiles, “Yo, Kevin’s on his way, you don’t want to miss the slayer’s grand entrance. Question: Bro why are you limping?”



A.J. smiles, “Looks like trash likes to bite back.”



Howie starts laughing as both men head out waiting with the other two members for Kevin’s entrance.

~*~



Brian steps off the last white porch step and hurries over to Kevin. Kevin and Brian exchange a quick message and Kevin hurries inside the house along with Nick. The others enter the house and wait on the first floor.



The door opens and Paige looks up from the floor. Nick and Kevin enter the room with a large thick rope. Their fangs were out and by the looks of it, they seem extremely pissed. Each man roughly grabs one of the girls and drags them out the room. Kevin takes the rope and tightly ties it around the watcher’s neck, then around her wrists, around her waist and around her ankles. “Don’t mess with me, I’m not like A.J. I’ll kill you on the spot if you don’t do what I say.”



“Why are you like this?” Blue mumbles as she is being pushed towards the stairs. Because her ankles were tied, it was impossible to go down the stairs let alone walk or move properly.



“Don’t talk!” Nick shouts.



Blue rolls her eyes, “No one’s talking to you sweetie.”



Nick flips his middle finger to her direction as he ties Paige up the same way Blue is.



“No more talking Blue. I am what I am. That’s why I’m like this.” Kevin whispers quietly.



Kevin pushes Blue to the edge of the staircase, leaving her to teeter on the edge of the first step. Paige joins her at the edge as both women gulp in fear. Kevin leans near Blue’s ear and whispers, “I see it’s a long way down the stairs. Hope you don’t die on us from this. I’ll meet ya down there in a minute. Have fun!” And with that Kevin pushes Blue over the stairs causing her to bang and roll down the rough stairs. Nick does the same with Paige as she begins slamming and hitting the stairs on her way rolling down the stairs. Screams were heard from this as the laughter of the men mixed in with the loud screaming.



The two bodies of the girls landed loudly on the red carpet. The girls scream out in pure pain and terror and blood was seeping out of their cuts from their faces, arms and legs. The guys gather around them laughing at the sad sight.



Suddenly the front door is kicked open by a small blond haired, green eyed women whose anger can be seen in her eyes. The wind in the yard blows her hair out in all directions making her seem mystifying and intriguing at the same time yet something to fear.



The men look at her and Brian walks over to Summer, “Wow, you came just in time for the party. We were just starting to have some fun. I see you came to join.” He says smiling , his bright blue eyes twinkling.



“Looks like you’re friends were falling over with joy with all the excitement that’s been happening here so far.” Howie states bursting out in laughter along with the other men.



A.J. starts laughing as he held what seems like a small journal. “Summer seems to have a particular interest with me. So I guess I’ll hang out with her for now and see what happens.” His chocolate eyes lit up as he waves the small black and blue binder in front of him.



Summer’s mouth drops open, “That’s my dairy you freak! How the hell did you get that?” Her green eyes blaze in anger and soften as she saw her helpless wounded friends on the carpet near the staircase.



“Let’s just say, that’s for me to know and for you to find out.” A.J. whispers manically. His smile grows revealing the pearly fangs.



Summer stands there as anger runs through her body. For once in her life she’ll have to forget who she is really fighting with and concentrate on saving her friends life. Maybe if she’s lucky, the guy’s hearts can change before it’s too late.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**