- Text Size +
“Day Walkers”



**~Chapter Thirty-four- Out Of The Shadow ~**



Summer stands there, rage in her bright green eyes, staring at the five men who changed her world in both a negative and positive transformation. Her lips are in a tight grimace as she sees the five men encircling her. They walk around her surrounding her and the other women in a tight circle.



Summer hears a quiet whimper coming from Paige, “I don’t wanna die. Please, I don’t want to die.” Summer runs to the women and helps them stand up. Both were in a state of shock and Paige seemed traumatized by the whole abusing she’s endured.



“It’s ok, I‘d promise to get you all out of here safe and I’m not backing down from it.” Summer whispers gently holding the young teen in her arms protectively and stroking Paige’s blond locks gently.



Blue gazes toward one of the windows down the long hallway beside her and smiles knowing the plan she has is coming into effect. The men continue to surround the girls taunting them. Summer extremely upset at this point yelled “Stop it! What’s gotten into you? You act like you’re immune to death. I’ll show you all, that even you can die!”



“You’re beginning to sound a lot like Trinity. And look at her. If it wasn’t for your little friend, Trinity would have torn you apart. Lucky for her, she left that to us.” Kevin says quietly, his deep voice echoing down the giant hallways on either side of them.



Summer takes a deep breath and holding the only weapon she had on her: the small stake, she clutches the stake tightly waiting for what will happen next.



Suddenly a loud crashing was heard as Ana came swinging through the window in the hallway. All eyes focus on the loud sound as Ana simply brushes away some broken glass off her and begins shooting with the cross bow she has held in her hands. The small arrows grazes pass Kevin’s face, making a small slit on his cheek. Blood begins trickling down his chin as he narrowed his eyes in hate. He touches the cut and gives her the finger before back flipping and grabbing Summer. He holds the slayer and whispers in her ear before disappearing down the hallway. Ana still shooting, walks towards the group.



Nick standing near by, feels an arrow piercing his left arm. “Dammit! Why am I always getting shot there?” He sulked, holding his wounded arm, racing down the hallway behind by A.J. and Kevin.



The men scatter, three head off down the other side of the hallway as two race up the white curved stairs. An arrow got Howie in the back as he cursed in vain staring directly at Ana in hate. After a few seconds the guys disappear from the girls view.



Running over to cut Blue and Paige from the ropes, she smiles at Summer.



Summer casts a confused face towards Blue and Ana. “Can anyone fill me in on what just happened?” Summer asks curiosity arising from her.



Ana smiles, “Why don’t you ask Blue, she planned this out. The part with me crashing the party that is!”



Summer places her hands on her hips and with a smile asks, “So ya gonna tell me?”



Blue nods her head, and talking softly in pain she responds, “Yeah, I knew how important Ana was to this mission and that somehow she managed to gain the guys trust. She knew where the house was and how they came here every time they would arrive to New York. This is the vampire’s sanctuary, all the cursed beings meet here. When Kevin went to get you, Ana heard the conversation between you and Kevin and headed for this direction immediately, knowing full well we were already caught.”



“That night when I left ya in the backyard with A.J. I heard Brian discussing with Nick how the plan to capture them was going well and when it will take place. Thus comes in me when you were fighting with Trinity. I knew you were ready but you let fear control you. Summer, now is not the time to freeze up. You are ready and I know you can do it!” Ana states excitedly, her bluish green eyes grows wide open.



“Shh, I think they can hear us, let’s get them before it’s too late.” Paige whispers quietly looking around the lobby of the house to see if she can see any of the guys.



“K, this is gonna sound dangerous but we got no choice. We’ll have to split apart. I’ll go with Paige while Summer and Blue can team up to look for the others.” Ana says quietly, eyeing the girls.



Blue nods and grabs Summer by the arm, “Let’ s go.” Her soft brown eyes gaze towards the long vacant hallway. Summer nods and begins to walk away but turns quickly to Ana.



“Wait, where will we meet up? I mean what if they gang up on us, we might need you guys help.” Summer asks with fear in her voice.



Paige smiles, “Don’t worry, it’ll work out. You guys are strong together. Let’s just get to them before they escape the house.” And with that Paige and Ana race up the stairs to track down Howie and Brian.



Blue smiles and looks at Summer, “Ready?”



Do we have to kill them? I don’t like that idea?” Summer asks.



“That or they’ll kill us. I tried talking but they wouldn’t listen. They don’t care about human lives as far as I know and they’re hearts can’t be changed. They don’t have a soul, so it’s impossible to change something that’s already dead in our eyes.” Blue whispers quietly.



“Isn’t there another way? I can’t be responsible for killing someone’s life. I’m not like that nor was I raised to take lives.” Summer pleads with Blue.



Blue gulps and shakes her head, “I don’t know Summer, I’ll think of something so you won’t kill them yourself.”



“Promise me that!” Summer begs, her green eyes downcast, her short blond locks braided across her shoulders.



Blue takes a deep breath and nods, “I promise, for you I promise to think of another way.” And with that the girls head cautiously down the deserted hallway.

~*~



The floor creaks beneath them as they carefully walk down the hallway, passing rooms. They looked down the staircase to see Blue and Summer begin walking down the hallway on the first floor.



“Paige did ya hear what I said?” Ana whispers quietly towards Paige’s direction.



Paige glanced up to Ana and shakes her head no.



“I said they should be heading up the fourth or third floor by now. But we gotta stick together, K.” Ana says quietly.



Paige nods nervously and walks beside Ana.



“You scared huh? Can’t blame ya, this is the big fight. The one that can damn the world or save it if we’re lucky.” Ana whispers.



Paige nods her head and gulps, “I’ve never seen this place before. I kinda wish we can live our normal lives again before entering this job.”



Ana smiles, “But we’re special, we were chosen to save the world and that’s a big honor all in it self. Especially choosing us so young. Besides this is more exciting than living a normal life don’t ya think? I mean we got to see the Backstreet Boys!”



Paige rolls her eyes, “Yup and now we get to kill them. Tell me how wrong that is.” She states sadly.



Ana pats her shoulder and sighs, “I think I have an idea.”

~*~



He flings the bathroom door open and runs in it to see the wound. Pulling his shirt off, Howie stands there, trying to pull out the arrow that struck his back before hand.



“Let me help.” Brian whispers, tugging on the arrow. “K, buddy this is gonna hurt like hell. Try biting on this piece of wooden plank. K.”



Howie nods his head and bites into the small wooden plank, he’s holding in his hand. He closes his eyes waiting for the pain to come. Brian breaks half the arrow off and in a second, glances at Howie before pulling out the sharp arrow head engulfed in his back. The arrow head seemed to be stuck for a minute before it ripped out of Howie’s back, sending Howie to moan in extreme pain as tears edge their way out from Howie’s closed eyes. Blood rushed out of the open wound rapidly as Brian bandaged it up.



“Sorry D, I know that sucked. But you’re all better now.” Brian states happily. “Let’s get them, especially Ana. She played us lovely thinking she was working with us but was really helping them girls out.”



Howie nods his head and pulls his black t-shirt back on and throws on the red blazer. They head out the door as they hear Paige and Ana approach the top of the stairs on the third floor that they’re on. They walk quietly to the end of the hallway hidden by the shadows of the hall. The girls begin walking steadily down the hallway unaware who was waiting for them at the end of the deserted hallway.



Paige walks near a large oak door and turns the handle on it, pulling open the door. Paige’s eyes open wide as the sea of blood came crashing down on them both. Both girls were drenched in the living liquid as the ceramic tiles were covered in blood. The blood rushes out from the door and spreads out in the hallway.



“Great, just great, today is not my day. Second time I’m covered in this nasty stuff.” Mutters Paige annoyed. Ana shakes off some of the blood on her and stares at the end of the hallway.



A voice echoes down the hallway, “Well done, my ladies, you found where we store our food. Now you know that’s gonna cost ya now, that’s a big waste of food.” The figure states, stepping out of the shadows near the end of the hallway.



Paige stares at Brian and Howie. Brian holding a metal bat begins swinging it towards Paige’s direction. Paige grabs the bat in her hands and kicks him in the pelvis. He doubles over in pain as he holds his throbbing stomach. He grabs Paige’s leg and bites into it with his fangs. She yelps out in pain and she tries punching him on his back with her fists. Howie runs over to Ana with the same arrow used on him and he flings it at Paige. Ana runs over to Paige and protected the younger teen from the hit. She takes the arrow hit herself striking her on her chest.



“AWW!” Ana cries out as she slumps to the floor in pain. The blood was still rushing out of the door and the ceramic tiles were now completely covered in blood as the blood level is slowly rising.



Paige cries out, “Ana! Oh God! Ana! Are you ok?” She pushes Brian away and kicks him squarely on the nose.



He cries out in pain and slams Paige onto the floor on her back. The blood level was now at ankle level and still rising. Brian steps close to Paige and pulls her by her blood drenched hair. He puts her face to the ground trying to drown her in the mass of blood on the floor. She struggles, fighting away from Brian’s grasp. Howie stands beside her laughing, enjoying the scene. Ana in pain kicks Howie in the groin area, and he collapses on the floor aching. She struggles to get up and reaches for the metal bat that’s on the floor. Swinging the bat, she aims it towards Brian’s direction. She’s suddenly slammed on the blood infested floor by Howie and feels a stinging pain run down her body. She looks at Howie from the ground and sees Howie’s fangs cut open her flesh as he trials his fangs down her leg, cutting it open.



Ana gazes dizzily at Howie for a minute before her eyes shut close and she blacked out. Paige noticed this and using what she knew about pressure points pushed her pointer fingers near Howie’s vein on his neck. He screams out and clutches his neck before he jumps up and runs down the stairs disappearing from her sight. Brian laughs and takes Paige by surprise slamming her face against the bloody floor, he hold her head in the blood, hoping she could drown in it. She kicks him away and with her free hand pokes his eyes and using the same technique as she did on Howie, pokes his neck on his pressure point. He lets her go suddenly as he gags for air. He releases her and dizzily runs down the stairs away from the girls.



“Ana, Ana!” Paige shouts nervously. “Please tell me you’re alive!” She shouts with fright. Her body quivers from the sight of Ana’s immobile body. Picking her up in her arms, she walks down the hallway struggling to carry Ana’a weight down the stairs. Her heart hammers against her chest and she takes a deep breath steadily going down the stairs. She looks back on the third floor to see the blood flowing, trickling down the stairs covering the area with its liquid. The third floor was completely covered in blood and was going to cover the second floor with it shortly.

~*~



Summer stares at the large hallway, designed with its enormous arc shaped windows, reaching the floor and touching the ceiling. The moonlight filtered in the hallway casting an eerie light in the place. Long flowing red curtains hung on each window billowing in the wind from a small open window in the ceiling. The mahogany planks covered the floor and with each step, the planks groaned in pain, creaking. The walls are a plain cream color and no furniture of any type was in the room. Just the curtains which added for an eerie taste. The smell of redwood invaded their noses as they walk down the hallway.



Summer’s green eyes scroll the area as Blue walks quietly behind her.



“Are you sure they headed this way?” Summer asks concerned.



Blue nods her head and stares around the hallway to see anything that might stand out. Both women stand in silence as a quiet laughter was heard echoing in the hallway. A whisper from one of the guys vibrated in the room. “Wanna play?” The voice kept asking. Summer shuddered from how scary that voice sounded in the hallway. Footsteps were heard, as the floor creaked loudly. Both girls walked down the end off the hallway and stare back to where the lobby is.



“Nothin. I don’t get it.” Summer whispers confused. “Where can they be? It’s not like they can disappear from here. There’s no doorway and the only fastest way would be through the window.” Blue takes two steps and eyes the long deserted hallway.



Suddenly a tall figure appears from with in the shadows of the walls. Two more figures come from out behind the curtains and face the girls. Kevin looks at the two women in front of him. A.J. adjusts his dark blue base ball hat and stares intensely at the women. Nick cocks his head to the side and smiles licking his lips.



“Won’t this be fun? It’s seems a little out numbered though! Hope ya don’t mind that.” A.J.’s raspy voice echoes, vibrating off the walls.



Kevin walks towards Blue, his green eyes staring at her strongly, causing Blue to shiver from his gaze. Summer gulps and looks at Blue. It’s now or never. Summer thinks to herself. She takes the stake and runs to stab it though Kevin’s leg. Kevin however was too swift for this move and slams her with his arm, crashing her to slam her back against the wall. The day walkers showed their fangs and laugh as the fighting ensues. Blue with renewed energy pushed Kevin out her way and head for Nick.



His blue eyes open wide as he muttered, “Uh, oh.” He backs away quickly as Blue did a flying kick, hitting him on the jugular. He gasps and reaches for his neck, rubbing it painfully. He coughed, and blood begins to trickle out of his mouth. Spitting some blood out, he lowered his eyes in hate. “You little b…”



“Uh, uh, uh, I know your momma didn’t teach you to speak that way to women.” Blue speaks out interrupting Nick from what he was saying. Kevin grabs Blue by the hair as she turns in time to see Summer ducking from A.J. punches.



“He can speak to anyone, any way he wants to.” Kevin states to Blue who is struggling to get away from his grasp.



Summer backs away from A.J. as his chocolate eyes stare at her. “A.J. listen to me. You can stop this. Save yourself from this torture. You can’t keep killing. Even if you kill me another slayer will be ready for you to take you on. End the cycle now. Break it.” Summer whispers to A.J. She looks at Nick who seems to be in tremendous pain from the kick Blue gave him. His coughing was getting more difficult and some blood would come out every so often. He collapses on his knees and continued coughing as Blue struggles to fight with Kevin. She backs away and runs to Blue, holding on to her.



“We have to think of something. I can’t kill him or any one of them.” Summer cries out scared.



Blue looks up at the black wires aligning the ends of the wall. She has a plan but she’s not sure how’ll she pull it off. She stares at Summer as Kevin and A.J. make their way to them. She whispers for Summer to take on Kevin.



“I’ll take A.J. I think I have an idea, just gotta figure out how to do it.” Blue whispers to Summer.



Summer nods and she runs around to Kevin’s backside. She jumps on his back, stepping on his spine, pushing her weight down on him. He collapses on the floor surprised by the turn of events and tries to swing Summer off his back. Summer grabs his head and bangs it hard against the mahogany floor. He cries out in pain and tries to grab her leg. She swiftly does a back flip off him and slams into him as he cries out in pain. He grabs her and pulls out her hair, yanking off some blond strands along with skin.



Screaming in pain, she reaches for her injured head and tries to hold back tears. Meanwhile, Blue threw a small stake towards A.J.’s direction hitting him in the hand. The stake went directly into his hand as he lets out a loud defying scream. Blood oozes from his hand as he stares at the terrible damage done to his hand. He realized he would need to go the hospital and get surgery for the stake to be pulled out. Using the stake in his hand as a weapon, he begins swinging it towards Blue direction.



Kevin runs up to Summer and grabs her waist. “Tonight, is your lucky night” Kevin whispers manically to her. Suddenly the walls in the hallway begin shaking violently as blood begins seeping through the walls. The blood trickled down the walls splashing onto the mahogany planks. The floor was getting soaked in the blood as it rushes down the walls like a waterfall. Everyone stares around in confusion as Blue pulls Summer near one of the windows.



Blue whispers into Summer’s ear the plan she concocted. Summer, nodding her head, stares at the room slowly getting filled with blood in amazement. She’ll wait a few more minutes before she puts the plan in action. If everything works out well, she’ll survive the terror.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**