- Text Size +
“Day Walker”



**~Chapter Thirty-five- What Lies Ahead~**



She gazes at the walls as the rush of blood continues flowing down, splashing down onto the mahogany waxed floor. The three men rush towards the girls, with Nick behind struggling to walk, clutching his throat in pain. A.J. begins to walk quickly in the lead with Kevin rapidly walking besides him.



“Oh God! They’re coming to us!” Shouts a nervous Summer towards Blue. Her green pleading eyes begged Blue to put the plan in action now. Blue stares at Summer and rushes to the edge of the hallway.



“K, Summer, ready! GO!” Shouts Blue over the loud crashing waves of blood. Her petite body seemed hidden in the darkness and the crashing blood was making it difficult to walk.



Summer looks back one more time to see A.J. and Kevin only a few feet away from her and using the little strength she has left in her body, she leaps on Blue’s back, throwing her legs down in front of Blue’s shoulders.



“Hurry, girl you’re not exactly light!” Mutters Blue slightly annoyed.



Laughing, Summer stretches her arm near the wire and grabs the thick black wire in her hands. Pulling out a knife, she cuts into the live wire. Sparks of bright yellow electricity dance out of the broken wire.



“Careful” Whispers Blue, as she notes the men were almost near them. Only about five feet away separated them from the day walkers. She stares at Summer, who jumps off Blue holding the live wire in her hands away from her body.



“Ready?” Summer asks, her short blond locks waving in the breeze.



Blue shakes her head, and steps to the large window, ready to break it with her leg. Summer shakes her head sadly and says a soft good bye before dropping the wire. What happened next, happened so fast, it was hard to believe it took place in only a mere thirty seconds. Blue crashes the window wrapping her hand around Summer’s wrist pulling her to jump out the window with her. During the crashing, A.J. grabs Blue’s neck, leaving a hard fingerprint mark on her neck. Since they were already on the first floor, a small leap was all it took to get them out the house and into safety. They landed dully on their knees and ducked their heads into their chest as a ball of flame erupts in the bloody hallway of the mansion. Within seconds, the house burst into flames as fire begins eating away at the levels of the house.



Summer curled on the hard cold grass, begins shaking in fear. Blue crawls over to Summer and pulls her in to a hug. “It’s ok, it’s over now. They won’t hurt you or any of us any more.” Blue whisper softly into Summer’s ear. Summer threw her arms around Blue’s shoulder crying.



“I can’t believe this! Why? Why did I have to kill them?” Summer shouts hysterically shaking in pain and fear.



Blue tries to calm Summer down, “Shhh, it had to be done. I kept my promise, you didn’t really kill them. The fire did.” Blue whispers gently. Blue groans in pain and holds her neck which is soaking in blood. Summer sniffs quietly and believes Blue must have gotten cut with the glass.



Summer sniffs and dries her tears away with her hand. “Do you think Ana and Paige made it out?”



Blue smiles and points over to the two figures standing a mile away from the burning house, “They made it!”



Summer grins and gently grabbing Blue by the arm, both women walk their way to the girls. After reaching the girls, all embrace in a comforting hug.



“Man, we’re all alive.” Whispers Summer, her tears rolling down her blood streaked face. Blue runs over to Ana who is still unconscious from the earlier incident and stares at hurt Ana.



“Is she ok? What happened?” Blue states nervously, picking up the unconscious Ana from Paige’s arms.



“She got in a fight and was struck with an arrow in her chest. Please, you guys, save her! She risked her life for me. I was the one who was gonna get hit with it. She ran in front of me and took the shot herself to save me!” Screams out Paige hysterically.



Summer grabs her and shakes her gently. “Calm down, we need to get Blue and Ana to the hospital now.” Her green eyes shine brightly, staring into the blue grey eyes of Paige.



“Ok. Ok, you’re right. Let’s go.” Whispers a frightened Paige, picking up Ana from Blue’s arm. While bending down, Paige had a small cut near her lower back where Summer noticed a small tattoo of a red dragon in a black circle.



“Wait, wait, hold up! Paige, what the hell is that on your back?” Summer mutters curious. Finally letting the thought of what that tattoo represented after seeing it on the Boys, Summer gasped. “Uh, Uh, no! NO! You can’t be!” Summer screams out backing away from Paige. “You’re one of them! All this time and you’re one of them. It’s because of you that they came for us. That’s how they found all of us! Because of you!”



“Wait, wait, Summer, no, I’m not like that! Please, I meant no harm for you. You’re safe, it’s ok. I’m here fighting to help you stop them.” Paige whispers quietly, her tears sliding down her eyes, wiping away a trail of blood from her face.



“Summer, trust her, it’s ok. She’s with us. I know it’s a lot to swallow right now, but it’s ok. She’s cool, believe me. It took a while for me to really see if Paige really was on our side, but now I know she is.” Blue states calmly, smiling gently. Blue’s neck was dripping with blood, as the cut on her neck begins stinging. “Ah, Ow!” yells Blue, clutching her neck.



“You’re neck must have gotten cut on some glass shards when we jumped out the window. I’ll take you to a doctor now, to get that checked out. Paige, you get Ana to the emergency room immediately. K. I’ll meet you in the lobby of the first floor later on in the hospital. K.” Whispers Summer quietly. With that the women rush into St. Mark’s Hospital, located near the mansion about two miles off pass the cemetery. Before entering the hospital, Summer turns to look back to see the reminisce of the mansion that once stood so demanding. The sanctuary is destroyed and for that, it relived Summer. But her heart broke to know that within that house, stood the men that use to bring and touch many lives just with their voices. But she destroyed that and took away from the public something that brought joy to many other lives.



“It’s ok, to feel bad for what you did. It’s not easy to live with the idea that lives are gone. But remember they weren’t really humans to begin with.” Paige whispers sadly walking down the hallway to take Ana to the hospital room.



Summer gulps and walks down the long white hallways smelling of medicine, anesthetics and ting of death. She honestly couldn’t stand the sight nor the smell of hospitals. But she pushed those thoughts aside and made her way to Blue’s room. Blue was taken from Summer’s arms a few minutes ago and now she is resting in a small hospital room to help heal her. The bright lights and the intense white walls gave Summer a nauseous feeling in her stomach walking down the hallway that leads to Blue’s room.



The door opens softy to reveal Blue resting quietly on a bed with an IV in her arm. Her neck was patched up with a small cotton patch and her brown eyes lie hidden beneath her closed eye lids. Blue’s normally peach complexion turned into a sickly ashen pale color. Summer pulls a gray folding chair next to Blue’s bedside. Her green eyes follow the IV and sees it connected to a large black machine, the heart monitor, hanging from the wall.



Beep, beep, beep. The heart monitor continues making the only sound in the room. Summer gently holds Blue’s left hand and stares at her sleeping friend. “Hey, you up?” Whispers Summer quietly.



A small smile spreads across Blue. “Yeah, I’m up. What’s up?” Blue quietly whispers.



“You. And I’m glad you’re fine. Paige went with Ana to another room down the hall. She’s doing well, Ana that is. In fact, she was telling all the nurses how brave she was and how she practically saved Paige’s life. The nurses were laughing and were glad to see Ana survived even through the injury she endured.” Summer states giggling slightly recalling the excitement when Ana opened her eyes to talk.



Blue nods her head and she looks at Summer curiously. “Summer, I found out what happened to me back there. The cut on my neck is more serious than we thought.”



Summer holds Blue’s hand tightly, “Well, what exactly is it?” Summer states nervously.



“Summer, do me favor. Will ya?” Blue states quietly, her voice dropping away.



“I’ll do whatever, you know that. You helped me through everything. It was because of your faith and confidence I did the things I did.” Summer replies, staring at Blue’s sad brown eyes.



Blue grips her hand tightly around Summer’s hand and with her right hand, she leans over the other side of the bed to pull out something. Blue places the item in Summer’s hand and clutches Summer’s fingers around it. Summer’s green eyes shot open as she opens her hand to reveal a small wooden stake.



“Wh, what do you want me to do with this?” asks Summer nervously. Her heart is banging against her chest and her breathing increases rapidly.



“Summer, they’re not dead.” Blue states. Her vision seemed unfocused as she gazes over to Summer.



“What! No! That can’t be! We saw the house burn down! They died in it. There’s no way they could have left the house so quickly. We didn’t see them near the house as it completely burned down. You saw how fast that fire started with the amount of blood in the house. I and you know they couldn’t have survived that!” Replies Summer quickly, her grip on Blue’s hand never loosened.



“Trust me Summer, I know they didn’t die. I can sense their presence nearby. They must have gone underground in a basement in the house that we didn’t know about. But they’re still alive.” Blue states quietly.



“Oh, the watcher instincts kicking again, huh?” Summer states smiling slightly.



“No, a vampires instincts.” Blue states softly.



Summer releases her grip and stands up abruptly in shock. Her green eyes stare in shock at Blue.



“I’m changing, Summer. I must have been bitten when we were jumping out of the window.” Blue states sadly. “My soul is losing the battle now. Please, I give the stake to you so you can kill me now. Kill me now before I die and resurrect dead. Please Summer, don’t let me live like this!” Blue cries out, her brown eyes wet with tears.



Summer feels the stinging rising in her eyes as tears edge their way to fall. “God, what Kevin whispered in my ear in coming true.”



“What did he say to you?” Whispers Blue in between screaming in pain.



Sniffing, Summer wipes her tears away. “He said, tonight, one will not live.”



“And that one, is me right?” Blue whispers.



Summer shrugs her shoulders, “I guess so. Please don’t do this! I can’t kill you!” Shout Summer in fear.



Blue nods her head, “It’s the only way. Other than that, I won’t be free. Please Summer, sent me free, I wanna know I can get to heaven and not be turned away because I’d be a demon.” Her brown eyes wet with tears as pain crosses her face. “Hurry, it’s hurts so much! End this pain now, Summer, I trust you. You trusted me, now it’s my turn!” And with that Blue opens Summer’s hand to reveal the stake.



Summer sees the pain in Blue’s eyes and wants to help ease any discomfort Blue is feeling. Summer leans to Blue’s forehead and gives a friendly good bye kiss on her forehead. “I’ll miss you. I’ll get them for you. You don’t deserve this pain. Goodbye friend.” And with that, Summer closes her wet green eyes, and pushes the stake through Blue’s chest. Screaming was heard in the room and Summer realizes that was she was the one screaming, not Blue. She hears the heart monitor end its beep abruptly and a long steady loud steady beep rose breaking the still silence, showing that Blue is gone. Summer continues screaming, she buries her head in her arms and holds Blue’s cold hand, her warm tears crashing down on the cold flesh. She pulls out the stake and stands up calling for anyone to come in the room. Three doctors rush in followed by two nurses and examine Blue’s body. Summer hides the stake in her small back pack and walks down the hallway, shaking so hard she was close to collapsing on the ground. She meets Paige in the hallway and falls into her arms crying hysterically. After explaining the situation, Paige joined in the crying.



“Now what?” Paige mutters sadly. Wiping away fallen years from her blood streaked face.



“We get revenge.” Replies Summer quietly in anger. She enters Ana’s room followed by Paige to break the upsetting news to Ana.

~*~



“That’s sucked A.J. Really it did. You should stick to singing. Storytelling is not you’re thing.” Aaron states smiling.



A.J. stares at the young teen lying on his back on the carpet, stretched out. “Please, you were all in the story. I don’t know what you’re bugging about.”



Aaron’s brown eyes stare at A.J. lazily shaking his head. “Whatever, man. I ain’t even gonna bother.” A.J. states annoyed. A.J. zips his book bag up not noting that a small black and blue journal fell out from the bag. He slings his bag over his shoulder and walks over to the front door. “Yo, tell your brother not to be late. We got to all meet management at one. He’ll probably forget if you don’t remind him. K. Yo, tell your mom I said hi. I’ll see ya later shorty.” A.J states ruffling Aaron’s hair, and stepping out in the daylight walking to his black Mercedes Benz.



Aaron waves a quick goodbye and closes the door. He rushes over to the black and blue journal that had fallen from A.J’s book bag. Picking it up, he flips to the first page to see a beautiful handwritten note. He gazes his eyes down the end of the page to see the signature, Summer, printed neatly at the bottom of the page. His mouth drops open and the book falls from his hands. His throat went dry and his breathing begins to increase in fear. He feels his heart hammering against his chest as he realizes what A.J. was telling him wasn’t a story but his life. Now the question that stood out in Aaron’s head is who will stop A.J. and the others from hurting more people?

~*THE END*~



OR IS IT?