- Text Size +
[Chapter 7]

(Fiona's POV)
I was still dazed by yesterday's events. I couldn't believe anything that had happened. It all seemed like a dream - the most wonderful dream I'd ever had. The necklace, the restaurant, the dance, and Nick. I smiled at the thought of him. He loved me! I was so glad I had met him - he was the greatest thing to happen to me!

I tried to make breakfast, but I could only think about Nick. I ended up with burned toast, but I didn't care. I was the happiest person in the world! I was about to wake up Daniel when I heard a knock on the door. Nick! I was sure it was him. I happily ran to the front door and, without even checking, opened it.

I was surprised to see that Nick wasn't standing there. Instead, it was a man with black hair and grey eyes. He held a dark expression on his face and smiled evilly. He looked familiar and I was sure I had seen him somewhere. But, before I could say anything, he forced himself inside and slightly closed the door. I suddenly began to feel fear growing inside of me.

"Uh - who are you?"

He didn't reply but just kept the evil smile on his face. I felt myself backing away as he advanced towards me. Who was he and what he did he want? I felt his gaze, his eyes scanning my body. He took off his jacket and threw it onto the sofa.

"Wh - What are you doing?" I was getting really scared, afraid of what he might do. He suddenly grabbed my arm and twisted me into a locked position. I tried to wriggle free, but he was too strong.

"Let me go!" I tried my hardest to pull myself away but had no luck. Snickering, he pulled me closer.

"Stubborn - aren't you?"

I felt his hand traveling over my breasts and then slowly moving downwards. Tears rolled down my cheeks and when he saw them, his grin grew even wider. He pushed me onto the floor and got on top of me. As he pinned my arms against the floor, I tried harder and harder to get away from his clutch.

"Please -" His grip on me tightened and my sobs only brought him pleasure. His eyes looked hungry and while grinning evilly, he stripped off my clothes.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nick's POV)
Brian was over for breakfast. Well, actually, he decided to make the pancakes because I was too lost in my own thoughts to do so.

"Nick? Answer me man!" I neither heard what he said or cared of his presence. The only thing I could think of was Fiona. Her gorgeous face occupied my mind all night and I liked it too much to think about anything else. Brian was beginning to get pretty annoyed. For the past hour since I woke up, he couldn't get any answer from me. He came next to me and screamed into my ear.

"FRACK!" This time, I jumped off my seat and landed on the floor.

"Dammit Brian! Was that needed?"

"It most certainly was! What the hell is wrong with you this morning?" I realized what he was talking about and blushed.

"Oh, hehe . . . umm, nothing . . . really?"

"Sure, like I'm supposed to believe that. Fess up, Nick."

"Well, if you really have to know . . " I began to feel dreamy all over again.

"Ok - so what is it?"

"I love her . . . and . . . she loves me." Brian was surprised at what I just said and then a wide grin covered his face.

"She loves me Brian . . Fiona loves me . . ."

"Shit Frack, no joke?" I happily shook my head.

"Wow - you got it going for you man. No wonder you were acting so stupid all morning! Anyway, here are your pancakes-" I suddenly jumped out from my dazed self, but not because of what Brian said, but something else.

"Hey, you know what? I should go visit her! Yea, that's what I'll do! And I'll buy her some flowers! And maybe chocolate! Wait, I'll take her somewhere! No, I'll take her and Daniel somewhere! Maybe to the park! Or on my boat! Wait, how do I look? Is my hair ok? My clothes? You know what, forget it! I'll just go - I'll be back later!"

And after babbling on for so long, I ran out of the house. Brian stood dumbstruck, still holding the plate of pancakes.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I parked the car and took a final mirror check in the rear view mirror before dashing inside the building. I ran up to her apartment and was about to ring the bell when I noticed that the door was open a crack. Curiously, I let myself in and saw that all the lights were closed. Everything was dim except for the sunshine coming in through the curtains. I went to Daniel's room and saw that he was still sound asleep, when I heard noises coming from somewhere. I went to the living room and saw Fiona pinned underneath a man. He had taken off all her clothes and was about to start on her bra and underwear. She was crying and wriggling underneath his weight.

"Please . . get off! Don't do this to me!" His back was facing towards me but I was able to get a glimpse of his face. It was the man from the beach.

"You bastard!" I grabbed him by the neck and punched him hard in the face. He landed on the floor, unconscious. After a moment, I grabbed the phone and rung Brian.

"Yello?"

"It's Nick. Call the police and get over here immediately."

"Nick, is everything all right?"

"Please Brian, just do it." With that I hung up the phone and looked at Fiona. She had backed herself against the wall and was hugging herself tight. Her face was covered with tears and she was shaking with fear. I extended my hand towards her.

"Fiona . ." But, she backed away, looking at me with scared eyes. I hated to see her like this, why did this have to happen? As I tried to get closer to her, she shook harder and pushed herself against the wall, not being able to back away any more.

"Fiona, it's me, Nick. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you, you're safe now. It's just me." She looked at me and I wrapped my arms around her. She began to cry again and pulled me closer. As she cried, I felt completely awful. I didn't want her to suffer again, after the death of her parents. She had been through enough, and now? I couldn't help but feel defeated.

After a while, I helped her to stand up and led her to her room.

"You should change. Don't worry, you're ok now. I'm here for you." I put my hands on her shoulders, gave her a reassuring look, and went to the livingroom.

A moment later, the guys arrived with the police. When they saw the man's unconscious body and bleeding face on the floor, they got a feeling of what might have happened.

"Is she ok?" Kevin asked. I didn't reply and buried my face in my hands. AJ told the police to get the guy's body out of there, but two men stayed behind for questioning. They inquired me about everything I knew and had seen happen and I told them. Then they asked if they could question Fiona and I looked up and shook my head.

"It's ok Nick, they can." She had changed and was looking better. I nodded to her consent. After a while, the two men finished with their inquiries and assured us that everything would go right. When they left, the guys asked Fiona if she was ok. She nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Fiona, you can't stay here alone. If you want to, you can stay at my place, but you shouldn't stay here."

"No, Nick. Everything's ok, I'll be fine here."

"Nick is right. You shouldn't stay here. It would be better if you stayed at his house." The guys all convinced her to come along and, after a while, she gave in. A few minutes later, we all walked to the car, with Kevin holding a sleeping Daniel and I holding Fiona's hand.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We set Daniel's crib in my room and put him inside. I thanked the guys for their help and they left. I took a shower, trying not to think about what had happened but my thoughts kept wandering back to the events of the day. When I returned to the living room, Fiona was sound asleep on the couch. I wanted to make sure she was comfortable, so I picked her up, carried her to my room, and lay her on the bed. I sat down next to her and moved the stray strands of hair away from her face. Her lovely and delicate features looked so peaceful, and I was going to make sure that they stayed that way. I closed the light and fell asleep on the couch next to the bed.