- Text Size +
[Chapter 8]

I woke up as the sunshine in my room became brighter. Everything seemed to be illuminated and the air was filled with a delicious smell. As I woke up, I noticed that Fiona was not on the bed. I suddenly stood up, still aware of yesterday and scared of what could happen. I rushed downstairs and saw that the place was empty. Then, I heard noises coming from the kitchen. Fiona was cooking breakfast and had already set the table. A feeling of relief spread over me.

"What's cookin?" She turned and smiled when she saw me.

"Nick! You're awake! Here, sit down." I sat down on a seat next to her and observed her as she prepared breakfast. Her long, dark hair was fixed into a bun, held in place by a pencil. She wore a white shirt and jeans that, though simple they were, made her look wonderful.

"So, is it done yet? I'm starving!" She placed a plate of chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate syrup in front of me. Amazed by it, I was about to begin stuffing myself when a better thought crossed my mind.

"I'm too tired to move."

"What? Come on, Nick. I made that especially for you." I grinned.

"Yea, but my hands feel too weak. Can't you help
me?" She realized what I wanted and leaned back on the table as she fed me the delicious pancakes. I savored each bite and when it was done, I still craved for more.

"Mmm . . . those were awesome, but I still want more."

Before she could say anything, I pulled her down onto my lap and pulled her close. I nuzzled her and began to kiss her neck.

"Nick! Come on-" I increased the movements of my mouth and heard her giggle.

"Please, Nick . . not now-" She stopped giggling and looked towards the door. I looked up to see AJ standing there, grinning mischievously at us. Fiona immediately got off my lap.

"Hi AJ."

"Hello Fiona, looking great as usual." She smiled as AJ switched his glance to me.

"Nice day, isn't it Nick?" I blushed at his comment.

"Hey, Fiona - would you like to come with me to the mall?"

"Well, of course AJ, that would be great!"

"Hey - what about me?" AJ looked at me and laughed at what I said.

"Come on, Nick. Don't be so strict - at least not on my day." I stood in shock as I realized that today was January 9th, AJ's birthday.

"AJE, I totally forgot! I swear! I'm so, so sorr-"

"Save it, but if you need us, me and Fiona will be at the mall." I stood there and pouted.

"Okay, fiiine, be that way. See if I'll do anything for your birthday." I grinned with a mock expression on my face. AJ smiled, knowingly.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Fiona's POV)
We drove to the mall in AJ's 360 Spider. I was awed by it's beauty and AJ noticed that.

"It's hot, isn't it?"

"Very!" Driving in the open air just made the whole experience even more exhilarating. I noticed a van driving beside us. It had a giddy-looking dog and a little girl staring out of it's windows. I waved and the little girl giggled and waved back. We tried talking to each other by motioning with our hands. Then, the van started to pick up speed and drove away. I took a last glimpse of it and saw the dog's face pressed against the window. The whole scene seemed to amuse AJ.

"So, where's this mall?"

"Don't worry - we'll get there sooner than you think." And, in an instant, we were in a huge parking lot. AJ parked the car and together we walked inside. The place was enormous. AJ took my hand and led me into a bunch of stores. At each, he modeled different types of clothing and accessories and asked my opinion on how he looked.

"I think you look great." He smiled at my comments and bought each and every thing that he tried. We walked out with tons of stuff. After about 3 hours of rigorous shopping, we both began to feel starved and decided to eat at McDonalds.

We placed our order, got our food, and sat down at a small booth.

"So, Miss Gorgeous, how are things between you and Nick?" I looked up, realizing where the conversaton had strayed to.

"Well . . ." I really didn't know what to say. Nick was the most miraculous and wonderful thing that had ever happened to me and just the thought of him made me smile. When AJ mentioned me and Nick, I was at a loss of words - not knowing how to reply. He laughed.

"It's ok. But, I've got to hand it to you, you've really got Nick head over heels for you." I looked up at AJ.

"Really?"

"Damn yea! All he talks about is you. Ever since the day he met you, he's gone crazy." Listening to AJ, I grew curious and wondered - wow, Nick likes me so much. I blushed.

"Well, I really don't know what he saw in me." AJ almost choked on his burger.

"What he saw in you?! Are you serious? Girl, you are perfect! I mean, you are beautiful beyond words - your hair, your smile, those eyes, your sexy body, and besides that, you are incredibly sweet and you could make anyone fall in love with you."

I felt my cheeks turn red and didn't know what to say.

"Thanks for spending your time with me. I've had a lot of fun today and it probably wouldn't have been as wonderful without you. Hey - you made my birthday one to remember. " I looked up and smiled.

"I really didn't do anything. I was actually having a lot of fun, too."

"Well, I guess your presence makes everything better." He took my hand and kissed it.

"If you need anything, you know I'm here for you." I smiled. Talking to AJ made me feel so much better.

"Oh yea - and let me warn you, Nick can be quite lacking in the intellect department, and he'll need someone as smart and lovely as you." We both laughed and walked out to the car.

"Thank you so much AJ - for today. Happy Birthday." I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a hug. He grinned.

"Wow - a Real Happy Birthday to me." We drove to Nick's, laughing.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nick's POV)
"Where have you guys been?!?" They had really tested my patience and now I was on the brink of losing it.

"Calm down, Frack. We were shopping."

"Yea, but this cake looks damn good!" Fiona laughed and we all celebrated AJ's birthday. Unlike myself, the guys had remembered and had gotten AJ tons of gifts. I had managed to buy him something, as it was all last minute. Luckily, he didn't mind. We pigged out on MickeyD's and had a really good time. Daniel seemed to be especially enjoying himself - the kids meal and the birthday cake kept him busy. By 12:00, all the guys, except for AJ, had headed home.

"Well, I didn't tell you guys, but I got a little present for you two." Fiona stared at AJ, confused. I, on the other, felt quite excited.

"A present? For me? Gee, Bone - you shouldn't have!" Hearing my little comment, Fiona punched me in the arm.

"Ow woman!"

"AJ, it's your birthday! You can't give us something."

"Yea, well forget Frack over here, but I hope you really like it, Fiona." He reached into his pocket and pulled out two tickets. He handed them to Fiona. I moved next to her to get a closer look.

"Woah! Tickets to New York! AJE, thanks man!" I was ecstatic. First of all, I hadn't been to New York in a long time. Second, I would be alone with Fiona. I was so excited I didn't notice Fiona staring quietly at the tickets.

"AJ . . . I - I can't take these."

"Well, obviously Nick is, so you should go along with him. And don't take it seriously - think of it as a gift from your big brother." Fiona looked up at AJ and gave him a long hug. But, she suddenly remembered something.

"But -"

"Don't worry. I've got everything handled. Me and Kev are planning to take Daniel to Orlando - and believe me, it's our pleasure. The last time we took him to Disney, the chicks were all over us!" We all laughed. AJ then picked up Daniel and all his stuff and began to head towards the door. He said goodbye and reminded us:

"The flight's at 10:00 a.m. guys." And with that, he left. Fiona and I just stood there, both of us still staring at the tickets.

"I can't believe we're going to New York!" I finally saw the excitement overcome her.

"Yup, baby, and it's going to be alot of fun. I've got everything planned." She looked at me and smiled mischievously.

"Who said we're going to have things your way?" I looked back at her, flirtatiously.

"I said so, and there's nothing you can do about it." I walked towards her.

"Really?" Suddenly, she tripped me and I fell forward on to the ground. I heard her giggle and run upstairs. I got back onto my feet and chased after her. It took me a while to catch up to her until finally we were in my room. I locked the door and walked towards her.

"Can't trip me now - can you?" She moved away from me until I had cornered her on the wall. I moved closer to her until our noses touched and I felt my body against hers. I pinned her hands onto the wall and softly kissed her lips. She giggled again and I stared at her beautiful face. I nuzzled her neck and put my mouth near her ear and whispered:

"I love you." She looked back at me, with the dazzling glimmer in her eyes, and smiled.

"I love you, too." We stared into each other's eyes and kissed passionately.