- Text Size +
Author's note: Hey all, before you read on, this isn't really new. If you went ahead and read the secret chapter at the end of the author's note when I last posted this story, this is the same chapter.

I decided to bump this up for anyone who didn't know that there was actually a real ending to this story lol and to get you guys ready for the sequel so you aren't totally lost.

I'm going to start posting the sequel a week from today. I wanted to thank you guys again for all the great feedback I have gotten for this one. I hope the continuation doesn't disappoint you. :O)

While i'm here...i'm going to start updating again on Monday. Sorry about the delay. Happy New Year and see you soon!

Now onto the chapter...




Or is it only the beginning?


There relationship was blossoming ever since the first date they went on. Seemed like all they ever wanted was to be in each other’s company. Howie was actually falling in love with her which is exactly what was supposed to happen, he had been so pre occupied he hadn’t noticed her sneaking in to John Nicosia’s room right before he coded, Barely noticed all the times she slipped away to use the phone to report to her family what was happening, no one missed her when she met Maria in the driveway with a bullet. No one noticed her as she collected evidence and stored it away undetected by anyone. She was the saving grace of her family, the smartest one of the bunch.



She kissed him and got into her car smiling and waving as she watched him drive away. Then she looked up at the bedroom window where she saw Nicky and his big brothers playing around.



Ariana had a plan and nothing made her happier when those plans were going just as they should be. She stayed behind a little longer, making sure there was no chance of her boyfriend coming back to see that she wasn’t going in the direction of her house but someone else’s.



She was just about to pull away when Kevin came running out of the house, how easy it would have been for her to run him down as he crossed the street to meet her car. She could have run him down and no one would have ever noticed. It would have been a clean death, not the sloppy ones her brothers had created. But where would the fun be in that?



“Hey I saw you guys sneaking away.” He said, just out of breath a tad as he bent down to talk into her window.



“I have to work tomorrow morning and we didn’t want to bother your brotherly bonding. So, Is Nicky better now?” She asked putting on her usual sympathetic face, trying her hardest not to glance at the clock as it ticked away. She had to leave soon, couldn’t be there when it happened.



“He’ll be okay. It takes awhile for kids to get over traumatic experiences like that.”



She nodded at Kevin trying her hardest not to laugh, thinking ‘just wait until he sees what happens next.’



“Well I’ll let you get back to your family.”



“We all still on for tomorrow night?” She looked mildly confused.



“Tomorrow night?”



“Bowling the two of you and your single tag along friend…remember?”



She smiled, “Oh right…yes of course we’re still on. See ya then!”



He smiled at her and tapped the car as he scooted back across the street and into his house.



Once the door closed she sighed once again looking at the clock and turning on her ignition…”See ya!” She said as she drove down the street.



She turned the corner just as Jackie Richardson; mother of four beautiful boys grabbed on to her chest and started gasping for air. She turned into his house just as the ambulance got to the Richardson place and grabbed him into a hug just as Jackie was pronounced dead.



“Did you do it?” He asked her as she shed her clothes and climbed into the bed next to him.



“Of course I did. Piece of cake. She never saw it coming.”



“How did you do it?”



“I put it in her coffee.”



“Good thinking.”



“Thanks…oh there’s something else you should know, Brian said he was joining the force after he graduated.”



“Think that will change now?” She shrugged as she reached over him for the popcorn.



“Time will tell I guess.”



“Yeah, think it’s happened yet?”



“Yes.”



“Think your boyfriend knows?”



“Not yet, but I’m sure he’ll get a call in a little bit.”



“Aren’t you afraid he’ll be suspicious if you aren’t home when he calls?”



“I think he’ll be to grief stricken to notice.”



“Yeah, you’re probably right.”



“So…I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens huh?”



“Yup, that’s the plan.” She said smiling as she placed a piece of popcorn into her mouth. “I guess our bowling date will be canceled then.”



“What about the boy?”



“We’ll get to him…we need to be patient.”



“Okay.”



They both sat in silence watching TV while across town the Richardson family would never be the same again.



The End...doubtfully