- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A.N.: Well, look what I was finally able to get off floppy disk y'all!!! I swear, you would not beleive how many stories I had on floppy disk & how many I re-read & was like, "WTF was I thinking back then?" Lol. Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore [sorry my name keeps popping up in all these fics - I just don't have the heart to change what I wrote years ago-lol] & story idea. Nick, BSB, & everyone associated with them own themselves. Thank-you!

Rehearsal...

"Lenore, you have to stay here, okay?" Nick told her. "We can't have you getting in the way 'cause then Lou will get mad."

"Kay Nick," she shrugged, then plopped down onto the floor.

All the Boys smiled at her in turn as they entered the room.

"Hey Kiddo," Brian said.

"Hi Brian!" She chirped.

"Stay put," Kevin stated as he ushered the others to their spots.

"I will," she promised.

She watched quietly as the guys began to practice. She grew bored after while, and began to get antsy.

"Nick!" She whined. "I'm bored!"

"Hun, why don't you play with your doll?" Nick suggested. "I'm sure she'd be happy to play."

"I already did!" She cried. "I don't wanna play with her! I wanna play with you!"

"I can't play right now," Nick replied. "Besides, we played earlier, and can play again later."

"But..."

"Lenore," Nick said warily. "You have to be patient and learn to entertain yourself. I can't play with you twenty-four/seven. I have a job to do, and I don't just mean taking care of you. I have to practice if I wanna be a singer. Can you understand that?"

Lenore sighed. "I guess so."

Nick kissed her forehead. "Thanks Munchkin. I promise we'll play as soon as I'm done, alright?"

"Alright," she sighed again, as she gave him a small smile.

"There's my girl," he smiled back, before kissing her head once more. "Remember, I promised."

She grinned then. "Barbies?"

Nick nodded. "We'll play Barbies."

"Go Nick," she rejoined, shoving him out onto the floor. "Practice."

The Boys finally finished rehearsing and went over to where Lenore had been sitting only to discover she wasn't there.

Nick looked at the guys panicked. "Where'd she go?"

"I dunno," Brian said. "She was here the last time I looked."

"Same here," the others agreed.

Nick ran out into the hall. "Lenore? Lenore? Lenore!"

The Boys looked everywhere but couldn't find her. Nick grew scared and began to cry in spite of himself.

"Hey, don't cry Frack," Brian stated, putting his arm around him. "We'll find her, I know we will."

"But we've looked everywhere!" Nick cried. "I dunno where else to look!"

They heard a small scared voice then. "Nick?"

Nick shot down the hall and around the corner only to find Lenore standing in the middle of the hallway looking for him.

"Lenore!" He shouted running to her and picking her up. "We've been looking everywhere for you. Where'd you go?"

Lenore hugged him. "I had to go to the bathroom an' got lost on my way back."

"Why didn't you tell us you had to go to the bathroom?" Nick asked as the other Boys approached them. "One of us would've taken you."

"You said if I bugged you we couldn't play Barbies," Lenore anwered. "I wanna play Barbies."

Nick groaned inwardly. "Lenore, the next time, no matter what I've said, tell one of us, okay?"

"Kay," Lenore shrugged as Nick hugged her closer.