- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, lookie what I found. Got lucky, seeing as it was on my computer & not a floppy disk. Yay!!! Lol. Well, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, & story idea. Carter clan & rest of BSB own themselves. Thank-you!

Back at the Hotel...

 

         

  Lenore anxiously got out the Barbies she'd brought with her while Nick was in the bathroom. She couldn't wait to play Barbies with him again as he always made them talk funny. Once she'd set her dolls up she went over and knocked on the bathroom door.

           

"Nick?"

          

"Yeah?"

           

"You all done? Barbie's waiting."

           

Nick laughed. "Give me one more minute Hun. I'll be right there."

           

"Kay," Lenore answered, then ran back to pick out the Barbie she wanted.

      

    A minute or so later Nick emerged from the bathroom and sat down on the floor, across from her.

           

"Here Nick," Lenore smiled handing him a blond Barbie with pig-tails. "You can have her."

           

"Does she have a name?" He asked.

           

Lenore nodded. "Yep. Her name Holly. I gots Jenny."

           

"Okay then," Nick smiled, then changed his voice. "How are you today Jenny?"

           

"Okay. Thank-you," Lenore made Jenny reply. "How are you Holly?"

           

"I'm good," Nick answered in his high pitched voice. "You wanna go shopping?"

     

     "Why, yes, I loves to goes shopping," Lenore giggled. "I loves to shop."

           

Nick looked at his little sister puzzled then. "You do?"

           

Lenore giggled again. "Not me Nick. Jenny. Jenny like to shop."

           

"Oh," Nick nodded. "I see."

           

They played right up until Lenore had to go to bed. Naturally, like any six-year-old, she put up a fuss.

           

"But Nick! I don't wanna go to bed! I wanna play!"

           

"Lenore, you have to go to bed 'cause we gotta get up early," Nick told her. "We've a long day tomorrow. Besides, you can stay up late tomorrow night."

      

    "I can?"

           

"Yep. But only if you go to bed now."

           

"Promise?" She checked.

           

"Promise Munchkin."

           

She grinned at him then ran over to her suitcase and yanked out herpajamas. Once she'd retrieved them, she ran to the bathroom to change and do what she had to. She had to call Nick to help her reach the sink though, as the counter was huge, making the sink harder to reach. After she'd brushed her teeth, she dove onto the bed they'd share, causing it to bounce some.

           

"Wee!" She laughed. "It bouncy!"

           

Nick shook his head at her while smiling, as he went over to tuck her in.

           

"Under the covers you," he said. "It's not time to bounce, it's time to sleep."

          

Lenore looked at him and pouted. "But Nicky..."

           

"If you get under the covers I'll sing," he stated, hoping to be able to bribe her.

           

He watched as her eyes lit up. "Our song Nicky?"

           

"Yep," He nodded. "Our song."

           

She scrambled to get under the covers then. Once there she looked at him expectantly.

          

"Sing Nick! Sing!"

           

Nick couldn't help but laugh as he sat next to her. He pulled the covers up and kissed her forehead.

           

"Alright. A guy needs a minute to think." He forced his songs out of his head, and their song in to replace what he'd shoved out. Once he'd done that he began to sing. "...Rockin' Robin. Rockin' Robin. Go Rockin' Robin, you're really gonna rock tonight..."

           

After she'd fallen asleep with a smile on her face, he kissed her forehead again and made sure she was tucked in good. He didn't want her to fall out so he'd made sure to tuck her in extra good. He knew she'd a habit of falling out of beds she wasn't used to.

           

Nick turned the T.V. down after making sure his little sister would be okay, then sat on the edge of the bed to watch The Simpsons. He'd made it so the light from the screen wouldn't bother Lenore, as he'd purposely sat in the light's way.

   

       Eventually it got late and he too went to bed. Brian hadn't visited him that night, as they'd agreed to let Lenore have one last good night of sleep. They did this, as they knew it'd probably be her last while she toured with them.