- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Because I got a new review, I decided to update again. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, & story idea. BSB & Carter clan all own themselves. Thank-you!

The next afternoon...

    "You think you can stay put today Kiddo?" Kevin asked jokingly.

    Lenore looked up at him and nodded. "Yep. I brought my Barbies to play with. Nick said I gets a new one if I stay put."

    "Nick! Are you bribing her?" Kevin called.

    Nick smirked. "Maybe. Maybe not."

    Kevin shook his head, then looked back down at Lenore.

    "Which Barbie are yah going to get this time?"

    "Bedtime Midge," Lenore answered. "You can put glow 'n' the dark stickers on her pajamas."

    "You can, can you?"

    "Yep," Lenore nodded smiling. "Maybe I'll get the Barbie whose hair you can spray blue too!"

    "And why do you think Nick'll buy you two Barbies and not just one?"

    Lenore looked at him as though he'd two heads.

    "Nick's getting me Midge. Brian promised me the one whose hair can be sprayed blue."

    Kevin chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I think we're going to spoil you rotten Kiddo."

    Lenore beamed up at him. "Goodie."

    He smiled at her once more before going over to the stage for sound check.

    Lenore watched as all five Boys began to sing and dance. She loved to watch them and wished she could join them on stage. But, she knew it probably wouldn't be allowed.  After watching about half the sound check, she began to play with her Barbies.

    Soon the Boys finished the sound check and disappeared backstage to check on their costumes quick. They'd left Lenore sitting out in the front row of the audience with her Barbies, as they wouldn't be that long.

    Lenore saw them leave, then snuck up onto the stage and grabbed one of the  microphones. She turned it on and began to sing and dance, pretending there were people in the audience.


    The Boys heard someone singing and had headed back towards the stage and were surprised to find Lenore on the stage performing for security. They couldn't help but smile as they watched her, as she seemed to be making the security guards day a bit brighter than before. The Boys listened to her finish the song she'd been singing, then saw her head over to the keyboards.


    That was when Nick decided to step in and interrupt her little show.


    "Lenore," he called. "Don't touch the keyboard."


    She turned to look at him. "But I wanna play."


    "The instruments aren't toys," Nick scolded slightly, going over and grabbing her hand. "You should know that by now."


    "But I can play!" She insisted.


    "I told you, they're not your toys. Now, c'mon."


    Lenore looked sad as he practically dragged her off the stage after putting the microphone back where it belonged.


    Once Nick had retrieved Lenore, they all headed out to get some supper. After supper they headed back to the arena to get ready for that night's show. While the Boys were getting ready, Lenore snuck back out onto the stage. Luckily for her no fans had been let in yet, so no one but security would see her.


    As soon as she'd made sure no one was watching, Lenore darted over to the keyboard as fast as she could. She wanted to show Nick what she had meant earlier. She'd just climbed up onto the stool when someone walked out and caught her.


    "Freeze!" Nick shouted.


    Lenore froze, her hands in mid-air.


    "About face!"


    She slowly turned around to look at her big brother. She made sure to keep her hands in the air as well.


    "What do you think you're doing?" He demanded as he made his way over to where she was. "I told you earlier you're not to touch the instruments."


    She looked at him. "I play Nick. I wanna play."


    Nick gave her a dirty look, picked her up, and carried her to their dressing room backstage. He entered knowing the other guys were in make-up, and set her down on the couch.


    "You're to stay here until the show's over," he informed her. "I was going to let you watch us from backstage, but since you insist on playing with things you've been told not to touch, you're to stay here instead."


    Lenore looked at him as her eyes began to water.


    "But Nick!" She cried. "I can play! I can!"


    Brian poked his head in then. "Frack, we gotta get on stage. You coming?"


    "Yeah, I'm coming," Nick answered.


    Brian walked in when he spotted Lenore.


    "Are you coming to watch us Kiddo?" He asked.


    He watched as she shook her head sadly.


    "Why not?"


    "Because she won't leave the keyboard alone," Nick responded. "We can't have her playing with it Frick. You know it, I know it, and she knows it."


    Brian gave her a soft smile and ruffled her hair. "I'll still sing for yah Kiddo. Okay?"


    Lenore nodded, wishing she could go watch them. She couldn't understand why Nick didn't understand her wanting to play with the keyboard.


    "Kay," she whispered softly.


    The two Boys left then to go perform. During the show Lenore snuck out of the dressing room to watch. While watching she hoped no one spotted her, as she didn't want to make Nick mad again. She ran back to the dressing room just before the Boys came back to change their costumes. Eventually the show was over and they all headed back to the Hotel for the night.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Lenore's not adopted. I made it, so she was born before Angel & Aaron. Which actually makes Angel & Aaron a year younger than what they're supposed to be, but this is fan fiction after all. ;)