- Text Size +
A.N.: Hope y'all are enjoying this one. I know I'm enjoying re-reading it & posting it. I'm also currently working on it, so I hopefully won't run out of chapters to post - lol. Disclaimer: Only own story idea & myself. Thank-you. Enjoy!
Saturday.....

"Lenore!" Bob yelled. "Go to your room!"

"But I didn't do it Daddy!" She cried. "I didn't! Honest!"

"You'll be grounded tomorrow as well," Jane piped up. "Seeing as you've done nothing but lie to us since you got up this morning."

"I'm not lying!"

"Go to your room, NOW!" Bob hollered. "I'm not going to tell you again!"

"But I wanna see Brian!"

"You should've thought about that before pulling the stunts you did," Jane returned. "Now march!"

"But Mommy!" She wailed. "I wanna see the Boys!"

"Lenore, if I have to tell you once more to go to your room..." Bob trailed off.

She went to her room in tears, for she'd been looking forward to the barbecue for weeks.

Awhile later she heard the doorbell ring, and heard Brian's thick Kentucky drawl coming from the hallway.

"Hey y'all. How y'all doing?"

"BRIAN!" She heard everyone else shriek.

She began to cry all over again.

"It's not fair!" She thought angrily. "Leslie and B.J. always get their way!"

Outside.....

"Dad, where's Lenore?" Nick asked. "I know she was really looking forward to seeing Brian again."

"She's in her room," Bob answered shortly. "She misbehaved earlier, knowing full well what the consequences would be."

"Can't she come down even for a little while?"

"No," Bob stated. "You know the rules of the house Nick."

Nick shook his head unbelievingly and rolled his eyes some, then made his way over to where Brian as standing with a basketball.

"What's wrong Frack?" Brian queried. "You look kinda upset."

"I've a feeling Leslie and/or B.J. pulled some stunts this morning, then blamed it on Lenore," he replicated. "If my suspicions are correct, then they're the soul reason for her being stuck in her room, instead of being out here having fun with us."

"She's not allowed to come say hello either, is she?"

Nick shook his head.

"I think I have to go to the bathroom," Brian said, passing him the basketball, and smiling mishieviously.

Nick caught on immediately and nodded. "I'll keep 'em busy the best I can Frick."

"Thanks Frack," Brian replied as he slightly jogged to the house.

"Brian!" Leslie called. "Where are you going?"

"The bathroom!" He called back.

He casually climbed the stairs and headed towards the bathroom. But instead of going in, he continued on down the hall to the end bedroom. Once he reached the room, he softly knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A small voice asked.

"Me," Brian responded.

The door flew open and he was met by a grinning six-year-old.

"Hi!" She chirped.

"Hey," he smiled lifting her up, and carrying her further into the room. "How ya doing?"

"Okay," she shrugged.

He stood there hugging her for a bit before sitting down on her bed.

"So..." He trailed off. "Whatcha been doing?"

"Watching everyone from my window," she sighed. "B.J. and Leslie got me in trouble again."

"That's what Nick told me."

"Does Daddy know you're here?"

"No," Brian answered honestly. "I said I was going to the bathroom. Guess I shouldn't stay too much longer; they'll be wondering where I am."

She pouted. "Hmph."

"Sorry Kiddo," He apologized before kissing her head.

He removed her from his lap, and left, closing the door behind him. He casually strolled back outside, hoping no one had realized just how long he'd been gone.

"You didn't go to the bathroom, did you?" B.J. accused. "You went to see her. I know you did."

Brian smiled innocently. "How would you know exactly where I was, unless you followed me?"

She gave him an icy look.

He continued to look back at her, until Leslie came up to them and began to drag him over to the swing set.

Awhile later the Boys all left, but before leaving, they all waved at Lenore and Leslie's bedroom window. They knew Lenore was watching them, as Brian had told them he'd seen her there. What they didn't know until after they'd all left, was that she'd told him she was watching them.