- Text Size +
A.N.: Hey y'all. Here's more. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own myself & story idea. Thank-you.
Week later.....

"NICK!" Lenore shrieked, flying down the stairs. "DON'T GO!"

She latched onto his leg and refused to let go of him.

"Munchkin, I have to go," he said softly, as he pried her off his leg and picked her up. "The guys need me to help them make this group succeed."

She pouted. "I don't want you to go."

"I know you don't, Hun, but I have to," he sighed. "I've no choice in the matter."

"You can quit."

"Do you really want me to give up my dream?"

She looked down sadly. "No."

"Well, then?"

She looked back at him. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more," he argued slightly. "Trust me. I will."

"Nuh-uh," she answered, shaking her head, causing her shoulder length brown hair to fly. "I'll miss you even more."

"Guess we'll just have to see 'bout that," he smiled as he began to tickle her. "Won't we Munchkin?"

She squealed with laughter, causing everyone else to enter the hallway.

"MY TURN! MY TURN!" The others shouted, all attacking Nick at once.

"Guys," Nick began. "You already said good-bye to me."

"So?" B.J. challenged.

Nick sighed as he shifted Lenore to one arm.

"Group hug," he said somewhat annoyed.

His siblings all readily clung to him, the youngest three not really noticing the annoyment in his voice.

"NICK!" Kevin called from outside. "C'MON!"

Angel's face lit up like a lightbulb.

"KEVIN!" She shrieked, running out to greet him. "KEVIN!"

He picked her up an twirled her around.

"Hey Kiddo," he grinned. "Long time no see."

She giggled. "You silly."

Nick came out then carrying Lenore, with the others attached to his shirt, or, in Aaron's case, his pants.

"Hey Kev," he replicated. "I would've been out here sooner, but as you can see, I was kinda mobbed before I could get out the door."

Kevin chuckled. "So I see."

"BRIAN!" Leslie screamed, eagerly running to hug him.

"A.J.!" B.J. yelped, darting in his dirrection.

Lenore pouted as she watched Leslie hug Brian.

Nick saw Lenore pout and spoke queitly.

"Hun, you'll get to say good-bye to him too. There's no need for the long face."

"You sure?" She checked.

"Positive. I know Brian won't leave without hugging you and Aaron too."

Aaron looked up at his brother. "Nick?"

Nick glanced down at him, saw the look on his face, and picked him up with his free arm.

"It'll be okay, Aaron," He told him. "Lenore and Angel will look out for you. Won't you Lenore?"

She nodded, then leaned towards Aaron to hug him.

"Do I get a hug too?" Brian asked playfully as he came up to them grinning.

The two in Nick's arms nodded.

"Come here then," Brian said as he took both of them at once.

They hugged him tight.

"I'll miss you guys."

"Miss you more," they argued.

"Dunno if that's possible," Brian answered before kissing their heads. "Seeing as I already know just how much I'll miss both of you."

Leslie tackled Nick shortly after he'd picked Angel up, almost causing him to drop her and fall to the ground.

"Les, watch what you're doing," Nick scolded somewhat. "You almost made me drop Angel."

Leslie shrugged and went on hugging him.

"Okay, we really have to go now guys," Kevin piped up. "Time to put the rugrats down."

"Aww," everyone groaned.

"Guys, y'all know if we're late Lou ain't gonna be happy," he reminded them. "We're on a tight schedule, which we must keep."

Brian put the rugrats down and watched as they ran to Nick. He looked on silently as Leslie and B.J. shoved Lenore aside when she tried to hug Nick again.

"Bye guys!" Nick called as he headed for the van.

"Nick!" Lenore cried. "I didn't get a hug!"

"Yes, you did!" Leslie argued. "You just want more 'en us!"

"I thought I hugged you," Nick said puzzled.

She shook her head furiously.

"Lenore, you know it's not nice to try and get more hugs than everyone else," Nick stated. "I love y'all the same and try to treat y'all equally."

"But I didn't get one!" She protested. "Honest! I didn't!"

"She didn't Frack," Brian piped up. "She was shoved aside. I saw."

"Come here then Munchkin," Nick sighed, bending down to hug her once more. "But no more after this."

She hugged him, casting a grateful glance at Brian.

Brian ruffled her hair and smiled back.

Nick kissed her forehead then stood up again.

"Okay, I'm going for real this time," he replicated. "No more trying to keep me here longer."

His five siblings nodded and watched sadly as he climbed into the van and it drove off. They all knew he wouldn't return for another few months, but knew he'd call whenever he could.

"How dare you get another hug!" Leslie hissed. "He was my brother first!"

"I didn't get more 'en you, I got the same," Lenore rejoined. "You know it."

"What I do know, is that you'd bettr watch your back while he's gone," Leslie threatened. "B.J. and I got some things cooked up that'll get you in loads of trouble."

"Yeah," B.J. added. "And Nick ain't here to defend or protect you this time around."